AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-09, 10:27   Link #261
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestyler
sorry, didn't notice it

sasuke looks cooler without a head protector
Gonna have to disagre on that including the fact that now he has the three swirls in each of his sharingan eyes.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 16:49   Link #262
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
Gonna have to disagre on that including the fact that now he has the three swirls in each of his sharingan eyes.
what did you just disagree with, that is relevant to he has 3 swirls instead of two... that he looks cooler?

hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 18:03   Link #263
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
what did you just disagree with, that is relevant to he has 3 swirls instead of two... that he looks cooler?

I'm disagreeing with the idea that Sasuke looks cooler without the hidden leaf headband. There's also the fact that we fully see top body level image of Sasuke with the higher level sharingan along with having the headband on his head, which's the way he should look at his current level of progress and self image.

P.S. Read the post that's above mine.
Old 2004-09-09, 18:18   Link #264
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Could be a major spoiler for 230

Spoiler:
CaSe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 18:51   Link #265
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSe-
Could be a major spoiler for 230

Spoiler:
IMO, the possibility of that (the Yondaime Hokage part) is zero.
Old 2004-09-09, 19:29   Link #266
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Case-

You don't need to put spoiler tags on speculation and predictions.
Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 19:30   Link #267
CyberPunk

well i mean, if the manga says exactly that, what doubts could you have?
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 19:34   Link #268
dsn2k

is that taken from 230 or made up ?
dsn2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 19:41   Link #269
CyberPunk

from the raw of 230.

although the translation may be a little off.
Old 2004-09-09, 20:40   Link #270
krem

enjoyed 229 a lot. The fight has been building over the last few issues and they've come to some blows, but it all adds to the moment when they will both fight it out full on without holding back.

look forward to 230
krem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 21:46   Link #271
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Are you sure that's taken from the raw? Because, that would represent a major development, and I doubt it would be introduced without much flourish...
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-09, 22:20   Link #272
CyberPunk

some people already have the raw and that's what they've said about it. but scans don't usually appear online until late tonight, early tomorrow morning, so we'll have to wait.
Old 2004-09-09, 23:45   Link #273
ChronoReverse

九狐 「クク…」
「お前は弱いな…」   
    「小僧ゥ…」
    「…感謝…するんだな…このわしに…」
    「そしてこのわしを貴様ごときに封じ込めた四代目 火影とやらにな…」

That seems to be the quote in question. I can't read japanese so all I know is

Nine-tail Fox, "Ha ha..."
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 03:13   Link #274
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

Hi manga readers. I'm wonderig if anyone can spoil for me whether or not Rock Lee ever recovers. Episode 100 renewed my love of Lee and Gai so I want to know if there's going to be any more Lee-centric plot, without all the depression.

Go ahead and send me a PM if you can. Just a simple yes he recovers eventually or no he dies or stays cripple for as far as the manga has run so far will suffice.

Thanks guys. ^^
LiQuid|J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 03:15   Link #275
Tautou

No, the things said above aren't taken from a RAW. Someone has knowledge of a message board or something that is connected to someone who somehow knows what will happen two days before the chapter is released.

What Chrono just posted, I believe, is part of the script, at one pointed originally pasted by someone at NarutoTalk directly from the message board that he gets his info.

I could be wrong about some of the stuff listed, but I don't think the RAW was out when the person relayed that info.

But the info is definitely correct.

Yes, Rock Lee recovers.
Tautou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 03:41   Link #276
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Yeah, basically the stuff ive just posted was taken from what ESM said on narutotalk, and he's predicted exactly what happens in the coming chapters in the speculation threads.

I think he gets his information from a japanese message board
CaSe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 06:53   Link #277
dsn2k

Spoiler:

dsn2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 14:44   Link #278
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
point is he was using the shield to shield himself, he could use it to shield himself and attack sasuke at the same time, sasuke not being able to see his opponent cant predict where gaaras sand attacks will come from,
Completely unimportant, Lee couldn't predict anything at all, still this kind of speed was just too much for Gaara to handle, the fact to see Gaara or not doesn't change that whatever the sand attack that Gaara would have launched, the sand would have been too slow to catch Sasuke and thus was useless.

Quote:
as seen he can form sand from the ground, and they were fighting outdoors.
He couldn't do that before, we talk of Sasuke and Gaara during the Chuunin exam not now.
Gaara as he is now would have annihilated the Sasuke of before in less than 5s.

Quote:
Also I dont think sasuke has as much stamina as lee, who can maintain his speed almost forever without wearing
You should re-read Lee's fight, Lee can't maintain his high speed too long either, during his fight with Gaara, Lee started to look tired because of this kind of speed almost immediately, even before Gaara used the armor of Sand.
Exactly as Sasuke actually, both of them were out of breath just after their second blows on Gaara's face.
The high speed of Lee drains his stamina as much as for Sasuke, the only difference is their respective amount of stamina and if Lee has certainely a better stamina than Sasuke because he trains his body harder and since years, it doesn't seem to be that much a difference.

Quote:
keep in mind lee was unable to land a real hit with his weigthless speed, he was only able to break gaaras first defence, also chidori is nice and dandy but it gives you at best the distance of your foirearm with which to strike, he can cut through sand with his hand, not his body. basically gaara going for his final form played right into sasukes best chance to win. the charge time of chidori, and shiekd of gaara could have totally changed the match. I think his instability was why sasuke dominated, remember what lee said, that speed isnt enough to beat gaara. and chidori is useless if you cant watch your enemy, why else do you think he only hit him in the shoulder? he had no idea whats goin on when he couldnt see
Speed alone isn't enough, it just gives a draw, Gaara couldn't touch you whereas you can't hurt him.
But speed+Chidori was just the perfect combo against Gaara's way of fighting which is precisely why Gaara tried to transform : he wanted to kill Sasuke but couldn't with his set of abilities in the current situation.

Gaara used a sand shield : the Sand Egg.
Without that, Gaara could have been way more heavily wounded by the Chidori given that he couldn't stop Sasuke to strike him.
And the time that Sasuke needed to charge the Chidori isn't important, he just had to jump, avoiding the attacks of the sand while charging the Chidori which would have been an easy task given the difference of speed.
And then just run like hell to the shield and does exactly what he did in the story.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote