Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-18, 00:08   Link #21
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
Ah, but Slam Dunk is not as much about basketball as to the development of the main character THROUGH basketball! Granted, the type of basketball shown there may not be familiar to Americans, but having seen the entire series (AND read the entire manga), I would guess that the author merely used the sport as a means to show the development of his main character.

If I were to compare Sakuragi (Slam Dunk's main character) to a recent anime, I'd say it would be similar to Naruto, which is also heavy on character development.
Old 2004-12-30, 18:11   Link #22
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
Interlude's quite good. A three episode OVA triad subbed not too long ago. I can't wait to see it on American DVD. Very thrilled about it~ I hope all the eps are on one dvd
Looks like that. At first it scared me a little bit when they said "first volume" that they might have put it on two DVDs.

From Animenewsnetwork:
Quote:
Geneon also announced some new April and May releases for Toei (which are distributed by Geneon), including the first volume of Interlude on April 12th and further volumes of Air Master and Slam Dunk on May 10th.
But then its lenght is 120 minutes, so I quess its the first and only volume (all three episode were around 40 minutes if I remember correctly). I liked Interlude, and I would hated to buy three episodes on two DVDs when you can easily fit five normal anime episodes on one DVD.
Old 2004-12-31, 09:00   Link #23
Ending

Watched Interlude, was really good, not so sure of the others. Oh, and I did it illegally, aren't I a stinker?
Old 2004-12-31, 14:43   Link #24
ChoBaka
Semi-retired Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowClone
If I were to compare Sakuragi (Slam Dunk's main character) to a recent anime, I'd say it would be similar to Naruto, which is also heavy on character development.
Naruto = character development?

LOL!
Closed Thread