AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2015-08-24, 23:13   Link #21
ayanami0000
Banned

War at Marineford

War at Marineford is my favorite all time. I've considered War at Marineford final battle because it certainly was an end of an era and it was Ace and Whitebeard's final battle. I've seen so many great final battle in anime like Dragon Ball, Bleach, Naruto etc. But my favorite of all time was the War at Marineford.
ayanami0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 01:26   Link #22
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

final battle?
my favorite was the final fight on yu yu hakusho.

and i also love the marineford war, but the battle against cp9 is also good on one piece series.

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 06:06   Link #23
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I will propose a non-shounen one then.

Madoka Magica Rebellion. Not entirely "final", but it was pretty epic
Old 2015-08-25, 12:05   Link #24
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

My favorite final battle in anime, so far--

> Gurren Lagann (for the same reason said by those who thought the same);

Followed with:

> Code Geass (I like how contrasts between both sides leader portrayed);
> Deen's F/SN Unlimited Blade Works ("King of Heroes! Do you have enough weapons in your vault?");
> Cowboy Bebop (I'd say its an amazing final battle)
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-27, 16:26   Link #25
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Gather, my comrades! Tonight, we go down as the greatest legend in history!

Rider vs Gilgamesh
Old 2015-08-27, 18:43   Link #26
AnimeFangirl

The final match in Hajime no Ippo Season 1. It had everything.
The author later wrote that he meant to end the series at that point, so he poured his heart and soul into drawing it. It really shows.
Old 2015-08-27, 19:35   Link #27
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I don't know if it is my favorite, but it is definitely one of the most memorable ones for me (i.e. that I enjoy), and that is the final match between Saki and Koromo in season one of Saki.
Old 2015-08-27, 20:44   Link #28
Lanvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
The final match in Hajime no Ippo Season 1. It had everything.
The author later wrote that he meant to end the series at that point, so he poured his heart and soul into drawing it. It really shows.
That's interesting, I never knew about that. I always thought it would've made a pretty good ending too. It definitely has my vote. That or Homura versus Walpurgis.
Lanvidia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 00:21   Link #29
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
So I might get a bit of hate here... but the final battle of the first part of SAO season one (i.e., the minotaur battle) has been a more recent favorite

In a similar vein, I highly enjoyed the final battle of Accel World.

It's rather funny... there have been many final battles that I've enjoyed, but I think I've seen so much anime that I can't really pick out single epic battles. And unfortunately, although it contained many epic battles, I don't think Rurouni Kenshin had a real "epic final battle"

And lastly, from what I remember, I enjoyed the two final battles in Samurai Champloo

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-28, 03:41   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

If we talk about “all-encompassing greatness” then my vote goes to Gurren Lagann’s final fight like many other people in the previous posts.

Though if I’m allowed to award another anime for the sheer emotional impact and feels it brings during the climactic battles, I’d definitely give it to B’t X Neo (the anime adaptation which ending differs from Masami Kurumada’s manga). I mean, this is a time before such “self-sacrificial finale” made popular by non-battle shonen animes like Utawarerumono, Code Geass, Madoka Magica, etc. Also, it’s not just the MC that is the object of self sacrifice but the entire hero’s group (imagine the Strawhat crew, Ichigo’s gang, or Naruto’s nakamas decided to do the ultimate sacrifice at the end of their stories) which adds so much more weight to the ending. Those heroes might not get rosy happy endings after the final battle, but they saved and allowed some side characters and the rest of the world to live the most out of their lives in peace. It’s pretty much like Gurren Lagann’s ending but more poignant and impactful especially for the audience who are invested with these MCs/protagonists after watching them for 38 episodes prior to the finale. Another remarkable thing about B’t X final battles is that the feels are already so powerful that they don’t even have to show the heroes’ last attacks that destroyed the big-baddy. Yes, you got that right; the climactic attacks are only implied, yet the audience and fans of the anime love that “less is more” approach and claim that the anime’s final battles & ending is better than the actual manga's. All in all, it was such a ballsy finale for a battle-shounen series made for younger audience in the 90s.
Old 2015-08-28, 12:24   Link #31
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Epic final battles? The first one that came to my head was from s-CRY-ed, TTGL is definitely up there too...and I'll add Busou Renkin's fight against Victor. Fighting on the moon automatically makes it 50% more awesome. Lasting for a freaking MONTH makes it 200% more epic!

Honorable mention: Nurarihyon no mago: sennen makyou. Not so much about the fight itself, but for the meaning it had behind the characters involved.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-01, 09:53   Link #32
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Girls und Panzer's Ooarai vs. Black Forest, and Gundam Unicorn's operation to reach Industrial Seven.
Old 2015-09-01, 11:53   Link #33
selami1

Shiro vs Shiro in Unlimited blade works.Felt epic for some reason.Battling ideals with his future self that came into that age as a heroic spirit to kill him.
selami1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 13:04   Link #34
LeoXiao
思想工作

Best one I can think of atm is the final fight in End of Evangelion.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-11, 14:00   Link #35
Wing Zero
Sleepy Head zzzz.....

6 of the Samurai's vs The Bandits in 7 Samurai, Really awesome battle that was filled with emotion.
Wing Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-26, 21:20   Link #36
tag1981

So many battles I would like to mention but it really limits the choices when it's just final battles. So going by the criteria you've set I would have to go with:

Naruto vs Sasuke II(Naruto) - An absolute fantastic buildup. It was pretty much the last real fight the story was leading towards before Shippuden began. Kishimoto went into his inner DBZ fanboy mode and it showed in that fight.

Emiya Kiritsugu vs Kotomine Kirei(Fate/Zero) - Not as long as I would have wanted but still excellent and a must-see.

Anything else I could think of has already been mentioned or I haven't seen yet.
tag1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 19:13   Link #37
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Four I can't remove from my head

s-CRY-ed's Kazuma vs Ryuho: Sunrise mindblown me. This was a series of 2001 but the animation and effects used in the battle were amazing. At first, both fighters use their basic attacks to force the other unleash their stronger ones. When developing their full powers, the two fighters go space and try to slice each other in two. However, they don't reach a conclusion. Instead, they both return to the Lost Ground and start beating up each other with THEIR NAKED FISTS. The animation was still spot-on as we could easily how both Kazuma and Ryuho suffered so much as they kept struggling. Whoever won that fight doesn't matter to me though.

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete's Cloud vs Sephiroth: Square Enix's CGI film didn't feel dated at all. Instead, the staff made the director's cut which only expanded the fights to show a gorier and even longer sword fight between Cloud and Sephiroth. As both display their trademark techniques, the two keep destroying every area they moved to fight. As special fanservice, Cloud wields a sword, then dualwields, the reveals he has been wielding six swords?! Also, I think Takahiro Sakurai made the character feel more real due to all his breaths he takes. Lastly, while Cloud is able to defeat Sephiroth, the latter doesn't look as defeated at all. Also, the expanded version of "One Winged Angel" was quite epic.

Naruto's Naruto vs Sasuke from Part II: I can't tell which version of the fight was better: the manga's, the anime's or Cyberconnect2's one. The two shinobis keep beating up each other through almost two episodes with the anime studio making a good work in showing every detail of the fight. They use every single technique, even the music is quite dejavu whereas in Storm 4 they used a small pause to revive every single fight scene between the two characters. The fight scalated so much that we had an entire episode dedicated to whether these two died.

Lastly, Jotaro vs Dio: The "final" conflict between the Joestars and Dio is resolved. Regardless of which version, the two characters keep beating up each other with a lot of ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA against MUDADA MUDADA MUDAMUDA. ZA WARUDO! While some tactics were even funny, Jotaro goes overthetop in his killer move saying the reason Dio lost was because he made him angry
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 23:57   Link #38
PhoenixRising

Let's see, Scryed definitely. My second would be......Akame ga Kill - Esdeath versus Akame was really good too.

Fate/Stay night as well, more particularly the Deen version with Saber vs Gilgamesh.

In terms of old classics, Sailor Moon vs Queen Beryl, because it was one of the first anime that I watched, and I guess in terms of card game anime it'd be Yami Yugi versus Dartz.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-09, 18:11   Link #39
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Two more:

The first D.Gray-man: Everbody versus the Akuma and Level 4: Yes, almost everybody in the Black Order versus the Noah's invasion the the Black Order. First the Exorcists (except Lavi, Lenalee and Kanda since their weapons were destroyed in the former arc) versus the Skulls and more Akumas. The Exorcists appear to win but then the Akuma Level 4 is born taking down everybody even the Generals. Despite also being defeated, Allen uses his Innocence to fight the Akuma to protect Komui and the others. As Allen is about to be killed, he is saved by Lenalee wielding her new crystal Boots to fight alongside Allen. The two force Level 4 to escape but Cross Marian kills him.

The first Yu-Gi-Oh!: Yugi vs his own alterego. This was deeper than intense. It was about Yugi reaching the level of the guy he has depended on. It also meant accepting Yami's death. Yugi's and Atem's decks were a bit different in both the manga and anime so I don't know which version of the final duel was better.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-10, 11:22   Link #40
kari-no-sugata II

My favourite episode of anime of all time is ep39 of The Twelve Kingdoms... which starts with it looking like there's about to be a huge battle... but then it's called off, so that doesn't count

So instead I'll go for the penultimate episode of Slayers Next... basically because it ends with the smart and cunning evil mastermind shitting himself when his brilliant plan (tm) backfires spectacularly. It's not exactly a real battle but I'll go with that anyway

If we had a more liberal definition of "final battle" I could go with what could be called "Nanoha vs Reinforce" from Nanoha Ace's. But I guess it can't count since the real final battle is everyone vs the remains of the Book of Darkness.

Last edited by kari-no-sugata II; 2017-01-10 at 11:33.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote