AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2021-01-11, 14:41   Link #1
Johnny Dy

Recommend a book

Haven't found the thread and I think we should have it.

Well, I do not read books but I started listening to them.
As an exception, I've read till a few months ago Albert Camus's "The Plague", I am more than half thorough it. Not bad but not that important, started it with COVID, way back when.

2 days ago I've started The Sandman, the audiobook, I've seen too much that commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGxI...l=AudibleIndia and 2 days ago I've said: fuck it, they bombarded me enough with this shit, let's see what's all about! I've listened to 2 chapters in 2 days out of the 20 total. It's DC all right, you got a voice for everyone, from the Narrator to the last stupid human being in it. And audio effects for the shit that happens and from background music, pretty much like in any movie except visual.

The incantation in the trailer sounds weird for summoning The Sandman, but actually they try to summon Death, imprison her and as a consequence stop people from dying everywhere. What they manage to do with their spell is summon Death's little brother: The Lord of Dreams - The Sandman. They are sort of lucky they don't manage to summon Death as they would be punished in ways one can't even begin to imagine. And they aren't much better off with the little brother either. Freddy Krueger is just a passenger in a world ruled by him.

We got the 10 whatever original beings from which Death and The Sandman are just 2 of, alongside the DC classics John Constantine, The Justice League, etc. So a DC addendum. I will be finishing it.

A serial is also announced by the end of the year. Sounds good.

PS: Whoever wrote this book obviously read Divina Comedia by Dante Aligieri.
The Hell version is awfully similar to Dante's with a few changes in management. It's good.

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2021-01-12 at 15:23.
Johnny Dy is offline   Reply With Quote