AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-01-18, 11:54   Link #41
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

jump scare from elevator girl. Possible that thing is remembering them.. and learned to position itself closer to the elevator!

and even scarier is the village with big head people. Why the person in the pic offered rice looks normal, but everyone in the village is monster.

another enjoyable episode. looking forward to next week!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 15:30   Link #42
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I really liked the banter between Sorao and Toriko. Definitely got some Made in Abyss vibes from this episode as well. Apparently ep 3 was mostly anime original but written by the LN author. I read a bit of the manga and now I'm kind of curious if we'll see more original content.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 15:57   Link #43
EroKing

Episode 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
episode 3:
and even scarier is the village with big head people. Why the person in the pic offered rice looks normal, but everyone in the village is monster.
Now imagine it from their perspective a bit. They just chilling in their little old village peacefully and a couple of humans (aliens to them) invade their world and start shooting at their faces. Are they the only monsters in the show?
Old 2021-01-18, 19:38   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I found this episode pretty boring. They didn't make any kind of progress. Sorawo is questioning whether it's reasonable to stick with Toriko, but she's too obsessed with her to just leave her to her own devices. She reminds me a lot of Adachi from last season's yuri anime.

I guess one important thing might be Toriko mentioning she never encountered glitches before because Satsuki could instinctively avoid danger. Speaking of the glitches, they really should rely on Sorawo's eye more because the rock thing slows them down way too much.
Old 2021-01-18, 19:45   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 20:21   Link #46
Magewolf

I guess Sorawo shows that lesbians can be led around by pretty girls just as easily as guys.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-18, 22:26   Link #47
Wandering Soul

On top of that, I'm surprised that Sorawo fell for Toriko so early into this series
Old 2021-01-19, 03:44   Link #48
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Now imagine it from their perspective a bit. They just chilling in their little old village peacefully and a couple of humans (aliens to them) invade their world and start shooting at their faces. Are they the only monsters in the show?
the first one would not have been shot dead if he did not chase the girls. Unless he's angry that they wrecked the wooden wall of his house. lol
Old 2021-01-20, 17:58   Link #49
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I found this episode pretty boring. They didn't make any kind of progress. Sorawo is questioning whether it's reasonable to stick with Toriko, but she's too obsessed with her to just leave her to her own devices. She reminds me a lot of Adachi from last season's yuri anime.

I guess one important thing might be Toriko mentioning she never encountered glitches before because Satsuki could instinctively avoid danger. Speaking of the glitches, they really should rely on Sorawo's eye more because the rock thing slows them down way too much.
Better than dying. I'd also worry about the grass hiding the glitches, though I wouldn't find the rock trick all that reassuring.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-25, 14:26   Link #50
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Ohhh Toriko is Canadian. That explains so much.
Old 2021-01-25, 19:40   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a lot better than last week's episode. Sorawo's argument made perfect sense, Satsuki has been gone for three months and she doesn't even know her, why would she keep risking her life attempting to find her? The only reason she's been sticking with Toriko is because she's hard gay for her. And it remains the reason she's going to keep going on the Otherside with her.

The monsters can go to your house and send you to the Otherside? Now that's spooky. Although rather than monsters, it seems it was the "people" the dude talked about.

Kozakura was super cute. Hope they didn't forget to pick her up

Does Sorawo's right eye have Superman's vision? Because she spotted Toriko from super far.

Not sure what Toriko was doing in that dress but I approve. A bit disappointed the monster used the same trick as in episode 2, except it really was Toriko who was under a spell this time.
Old 2021-01-25, 23:30   Link #52
Magewolf

Is Sorawo wearing a brown contact lens now?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-25, 23:33   Link #53
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-26, 03:40   Link #54
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

some Kozakura action this time. So she has a shotgun prepared against intruders to her home. lol

wondering if that town was actually inhabited by people.. then some monster came and turned them to plants - that only Sorao can see? And those 3 people banging at the door are the last victims of whatever creature turned people to plants? Creepy.

Sorao rescue her waifu. Good thing that flying plant thing is easily damaged by the shotgun, and it retreated just as she ran out of bullets.

looking forward to next week!
Old 2021-01-26, 07:52   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Is Sorawo wearing a brown contact lens now?
Yes. Since last week I think, or maybe even episode 2.
Old 2021-01-26, 20:17   Link #56
Wandering Soul

Sorawo's rant may have been partly sparked by jealously, but she also made a fair point. She has no obligation to continue putting herself in danger for a girl she barely knows and may not even be alive.

Poor Kozakura. Hopefully Sorawo was able to tear herself from her moment with Toriko to go back for her.
Old 2021-01-30, 17:38   Link #57
Alchemist007
*Author

Bring shotguns more often.
Old 2021-01-30, 20:16   Link #58
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Bring shotguns more often.
Especially those infinite-reloading models.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-01, 11:26   Link #59
Rasty

I know it's not that kind of anime, but I wouldn't like to be a girl in the middle of the army camp, especially a foreign one. The guys haven't seen a woman for more than a month (possibly much longer because of the training), had heavy losses, and have a bleak future... well, good luck girls.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-01, 12:48   Link #60
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
I know it's not that kind of anime, but I wouldn't like to be a girl in the middle of the army camp, especially a foreign one. The guys haven't seen a woman for more than a month (possibly much longer because of the training), had heavy losses, and have a bleak future... well, good luck girls.
Uh... yeah ok lets make the spooky yuri anime as misandrist as possible. Although if you like that scenario 28 Days Later is hard to top.

Space compression is sort of interesting on the Otherside... a short run gets you from Tokyo to Okinawa. That has to be pertinent as the series progresses.

Tags
sci-fi