Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-12, 20:23   Link #1
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

I can't believe I can watch it now 0_0 i'm so excited. Has anyone seen it yet?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 20:46   Link #2
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

It's in my HD to be watched, but haven't seen it yet. Looks good though. Finally finished the last couple of episodes of Princess Tutu. I'm gonna watch these first episodes after I finish the last 3 specials for Princess Tutu. My "To be watched" folder is getting a little full, so I need to start cranking through my anime soon here and getting caught up to date, and I think this is a good enough excuse to.

(*looks at to be watched folder. Damn, 90 gigs. Wow. I better get busy.*)
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 20:57   Link #3
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

i can't wait to see it myself it is d/l right now. I have read the manga it freatures Gin's son. But it was translated by ONE comics and they stopped translating it I'm pissed about that
Old 2004-02-13, 01:35   Link #4
eean

Thumbs down terrible sub

It has to be one of the worst subs and encodings I've ever seen. Luckily its an OGM so editing the subtitles is easy, I spent the 5 minutes it takes to do a spell check for the first episode and posted the results at http://monroe.nu/sub
Babelfish doesn't have a Swedish->English, so the sentence in Swedish is still there. They probably just need an English editor. I've meet Swedish people before, I know their English is actually pretty good, this sub just doesn't reflect that I guess.

By worst encoding, I mean I had trouble getting the subtitles to show for the first episode (had to ogmdemux out the subtitle and load it seperately) and I can't play the second episode. I have both mplayer and xine and never have problems playing files. I doubled checked, and the files do validate with BitTorrent.

As far as the anime itself, it looks OK. I wanted to watch the second episode mainly because its a dog anime and I like that idea. I mean, Akamaru rocks, I wouldn't mind a whole anime about him. The whole hunting bears thing is kind of lame, I was hopeful it might move on/make more sense in the next episodes. Oh well.
eean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 14:26   Link #5
kurri

Send a message via MSN to kurri
I am sorry do say this but Episode 2 is corrupt ....
The torrent fiel for eps 1-3 is breaking up in three parts instead, so you need to download episode 2 again.

I made the huge misstake when i encoded episode 2 and it got corrupt but i made a working file, but the only problem where that i added the corrupt file inte the torrent batch.
it will be fixed in 30 minutes...

And the subs should be better for episode 3+ .
kurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 02:06   Link #6
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eean
By worst encoding, I mean I had trouble getting the subtitles to show for the first episode (had to ogmdemux out the subtitle and load it seperately)
Thanks for putting up the .srt file, it was the way I got it working too.

Would you know if ogmdemux or something like it is available for Windows? I have some more .OGM's which do not show subtitles, and I'd like to try your .srt file idea.

As for the anime itself, I was suprised to see this much violence in an old anime with an otherwise formulaic storyline. It was kind of refreshing to see such realism... hunting monsterous bears with a small rifle and a dog really is going to be something bloody and very dangerous.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 12:41   Link #7
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

yep the show is very bloody like trhe manga too.
Old 2004-02-14, 15:00   Link #8
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
yep the show is very bloody like trhe manga too.
Did the manga explain why Grandpa is hunting the world's largest homocidal bear with only one dog, a knife with no point, and bolt-action rifle suitable for rabbits? Wants to make it a fair fight?

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 13:43   Link #9
SickMinder

Manga!

Where can I dl the manga?! I want it soo bad ( . .)
SickMinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 14:42   Link #10
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Bzzt! You fail ASFAQ 101!! Do not ask for licenced stuff. And yes, the manga is licenced. The funny thing with manga is, when in doubt, it's probubly licenced. And with 95% of manga in japan, it gets licenced within the first few chapters. So the short answer would be...no.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 09:06   Link #11
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Well, at least there is a forum up for this portion of the series. Since the last one got toasted.

I tell you man this series despite how old it was, it got me worked up A LOT! That's how much I liked it. I like dogs, but this show did really touch me. And the amount of drama was overwhelming at times. Again you'll never see this animation style ever again. It has something despite it's age that much of the new animations lack. I can't explain it but it has to do with it's execution.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-02, 12:24   Link #12
Fathem

Anyone know where I can find the complete series?

Thanks
Fathem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-24, 11:24   Link #13
lebqzz

I got the DVD's

The biggest problem for the current release is that the subs are horrible and the episodes arent uniform

I'm offering my DVD's and time during this summer break to make new rips but i need help getting the rips down and starting making the subs

so someone please aid me.
lebqzz is offline   Reply With Quote