Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-21, 07:34   Link #1
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Anime's with mothers or having to take care of a child

Well like the title says i started watching Happy Lesson and it remembered me of other animes i've seen where some end up taking care of a kid, i would like to see some other shows along those lines, with someone adopting or taking care of a child or even if older, hope it doesn't sound to vague... (animelist is in my sig).
Old 2011-09-21, 08:35   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Well, Claire in Claymore has to take care of a boy. Just kidding, I know you’ve watch it already.

How about The Baby and I? (edit: it seems that this series is also known as Aka-chan to Boku, Baby and Me, or Me and My Brother. It's called Baby and I in my country). It’s about a single father and his eldest son who have to take care of the baby youngest son. Problems ensues and they have to struggle to make it. There’s no mother though (which is the point of this series). It’s melancholic and funny too. It’s a 90s slice-of-life anime.

There is also UFO Baby which is like a more funny and hilarious version of The Baby and I. It deals with a boy and a girl who have to take care of an extra-terrestrial baby ^_^.

Hmm....I didn't see Beelzebub in your anime list. That fighting-action shonen is quite popular already.

Also, to some extent, there is Konjiki no Gashbell. The child-babysitting in this series is not that dominant, though.

The last time I post in your thread was just several days ago and here I met another. You do like to marathon anime don’t you?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2011-09-21 at 20:33.
Old 2011-09-21, 08:36   Link #3
Autumn Demon
~

aishiteru ze baby
minami-ke
Old 2011-09-21, 08:58   Link #4
kitten320

Usagi Drop is your best choice, whole series are about taking care of a girl. Though it is a guy who is taking care, not female.
Old 2011-09-21, 09:04   Link #5
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I second Usagi Drop and recommend Air TV.
Old 2011-09-21, 16:34   Link #6
Elegance

Third Usagi Drop
Old 2011-09-21, 17:24   Link #7
kitten320

Air will do too
Old 2011-09-21, 19:46   Link #8
Undertaker

Usugi Drop +1

Aishiteruze Baby is a classic. It about a High School playboy being forced to taking care his 6 year old cousin who was abandoned by her mother (main character's aunt) because he has the most free time in the family. Yuzuyu is incredibly cute.
Old 2011-09-21, 20:11   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

In Kure-nai, a sixteen-year-old boy with an unusual after-school job is tasked with looking after a seven-year-old kidnapped heiress.

Another unusual adoption takes place in Nijuu Mensou no Musume, where another young heiress is taken from her home by a famous master thief named Nijuu Mensou, or "Twenty Faces."

Next I'll recommend both animes based on novels by Uehashi Nahoko, Seirei no Moribito and Kemono no Sou-ja Erin. Both involve mothers, quasi-mothers, and some other forms of adoption.

Finally I'll suggest Shion no Ou. Shion witnesses her parents' horrifying murder at age four and is raised by neighbors. Her step-father is a professional Shougi ("Japanese chess") player, and Shion decides to follow in his footsteps.
Old 2011-09-22, 05:08   Link #10
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

@Obelisk ze Tormentor: indeed i do XD.

A few shows here did indeed got my interest but Air and Kure-nai i have already seen, also i forgot to mention but i don't watch ongoing. isn't there something with a bit more action that can involving taking care of a child/teen (i'm not saying that it has to be action, just asking cause a lot of the recommendations don't have it and i want to alternate a bit when watching) (i liked how it was done in el cazador de la bruja as well).
Old 2011-09-22, 05:50   Link #11
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Sword of the Stranger might count.

Btw, Usagi Drop has already finished.
Old 2011-09-22, 06:29   Link #12
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
isn't there something with a bit more action that can involving taking care of a child/teen (i'm not saying that it has to be action, just asking cause a lot of the recommendations don't have it and i want to alternate a bit when watching)
Beelzebub actually fits your description, but it's still on-going.

I'll just stick with UFO Baby & Konjiki no Gash Bell then, if you haven't watch them already. Although the 'kid' in the latter is not really a kid.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2011-09-22 at 06:39.
Old 2011-09-22, 09:43   Link #13
kitten320

Usagi drop stopped airing several weeks ago so I see no problem.
Old 2011-09-22, 10:17   Link #14
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Usagi Drop is part of the shows that i said caught my interest :P. I was referring to Beelzebub for instance when mentioning ongoing :P.
Old 2011-09-22, 17:57   Link #15
Undertaker

So you want baby-sitting & action?

There's really not a lot to pick than, Beelzebub is the only want, but as you mentioned, you don't watch on-goings.

Than is really comes down to title like Konjiki no Gash Bell or even Rozen Maiden, but than you're kind of stretching on the baby-sit part.
Old 2011-09-22, 21:29   Link #16
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Like i said before it doesn't have to necessarily be a baby, i said kid/teen (for instance in the first one i gave as an example the one taken cared of in happy lesson was a high schooler, i also gave as an example el cazador de la bruja).
Old 2011-09-22, 22:12   Link #17
syke123

Wow I'm surprised nobody mentioned (Witchblade), It's quite popular. It features a hot mom that takes care of a 8-12 year old daughter.

The daughter gets sent to children's welfare after the mother doesn't possess the necessary resources to provide for her, since they were smuggled into tokyo.

She ends up transforming into a goddess to save her child whenever all hope is lost or if shes in a life threatening situation.
Old 2011-09-22, 22:18   Link #18
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

They didn't mention it because they probably looked at my animelist and noticed i already seen it :P.
Old 2011-09-22, 22:35   Link #19
syke123

OOOOOOOhhhhhh, lol my fault. That's a pretty big list, I guess you've seen everything I have lol no doubts about that. If i come across anything I'll let you know.
Old 2011-09-23, 11:13   Link #20
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

If you're open to manga, I love Flat - it's a story of a HS senior and the six year-old cousin who he ends up spending a lot of time with because his parents work late every day. Very charming and funny.
Closed Thread