AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-08-13, 04:47   Link #201
xKyserx

alright well.. im more than certain i can live weeks without anime as long as i have something to do
but i will admit... i cant live a whole lifetime without anime lol
xKyserx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 05:15   Link #202
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Damn, that would be really hard. I guess I will not die from it but I will need a long time to get over them.
I mean, movies and cartoons practicaly suck nowadays in a lot greater amount than an average anime.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 08:44   Link #203
seemmeriast

I think I can last a month without watching anime (manga is OK, anime song is OK, anime forum is OK).

Actually, I'm quite busy now and haven't had time to watch anime for about a week.
seemmeriast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 08:58   Link #204
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Probably won't last long without anime.

I work 9-10 hrs each day, 6 days a week.
And watching anime is my primary stress remover.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 00:49   Link #205
klare

1 week should be ok for me if i am busy or really occupied

anime is like my spiritual medicine
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 01:09   Link #206
calorie

I don't think I've reached or if I ever will reach the point where I'll be addicted to animes in general. Sure, I can get to like a certain anime and feel compelled to watch every episode of it but it would never get in the way of my daily activities/duties.

After all, I spent about 2 weeks without so much as daydreaming about anime while I was on my summer vacation. In my case it's more like a positive addiction - it acts as a mood improver and isn't nearly as time-consuming hobby as say video games.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 11:44   Link #207
Fate21
Kiyu~

I'm not a really huge anime addicts sure I love anime more than my friends(in real life) but it's not really a problem
Fate21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 12:47   Link #208
Isekaijin

Tried it once.

Didn't last longer than a month. And it was because I was isolated from the rest of the world. I still remember the withdrawal symptoms.

Creepy. Won't try it again as long as I live.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 05:29   Link #209
Somnium
Cogito, ergo sum

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning..
Send a message via ICQ to Somnium Send a message via Yahoo to Somnium
I like anime but it is not my life.I've gone weeks without it and never felt it sting.
Somnium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 05:46   Link #210
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I'd probably just go back to more video games or bike riding.

EDIT: And I'd probably also stop procrastinating with my writing instead of reading AS all the time... must... finish... story...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."

Last edited by grylsyjaeger; 2009-08-15 at 07:06.
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 18:16   Link #211
FadedSunrise

If its just watching/reading the actual source material, I've gone months between series before. Must be because it takes so much for something to convince me to stay with it. And then once I find something I marathon it in a couple days, then go on another dry spell. xD

But if its all things related to anime, like reading fanfiction, then no I don't think I can randomly decide to get rid of that. Unless I'm extremely extremely busy for a few weeks, which has yet to happen.
FadedSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 15:15   Link #212
Amon81

Well I can proudly say that for at least the last 12 years I havent gone a week without watching one episode of anime.

My holidays are basicly anime instead of work time. Infact other than camping the odd weekend here and there the only time I went away on holiday was to Japan so I did what alot of people on this type of forum never actually do, I saw anime in Japan as it aired, not a day later fansubbed (but I did get the stuff I watched when I got home, made alot more sence with subtitles).

I think I'd probably be OK not seeing any. But to be honest I'm not going to even attempt to stop watching it. Although this current season isn't giving me much to watch.
Amon81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 11:19   Link #213
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I'm not addict so I can still live without anime because I have various hobbies. I just think that without anime it would get boring in the entertainment area sure I'll watch movies and listen to music but It wouldn't be the same. Anime does just a little bit more for me
Old 2012-07-05, 11:20   Link #214
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Meh~ I can easily live without anime even though I watch so many~ I'll just move on to other activities~ I went 2 weeks without a single anime episode once. Wasn't bored at all~ Anime to me is just an interest. Not an addiction~

Even though I do say that I must watch anime~ It's just to be funny
Old 2012-07-05, 12:35   Link #215
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i am an anime addict, i have lived before without watching anime and it actually was difficult, it's just so boring and something seems missing without it,
if the anime universe was to suddenly disappear, then it will be difficult at first but then i will find other things to do and get adapted to new things, there is still a lot to do in this world.
But as long as the anime universe exist, i will find my way to it somehow
Old 2012-07-05, 14:12   Link #216
Otarusama
{ :

I went through about a 1 or 2 year span during college where I didn't watch any anime at all.. It wasn't until I got through a pretty rough breakup that I was able to shamelessly watch anime again.
Old 2012-07-05, 14:17   Link #217
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

I try not to obsess with anything, and this includes anime of course. I like watching animes, but not to the point where I can't exist without it. Life must go on.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 18:19   Link #218
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
I tried a few times actually. once I came upon the conclusion that it was because of my anime hobby that I did not have a girlfriend yet. I said I would stop watching anime until I got one. Kind broke my Promise after watching this really cool AMV posted on here, 'Do you know your Anime'.

another I realized that even when I'm not currently binging on Anime, I still have Obsessive tendencies and temporarily default to another addiction(Reading a book, drawing, Google Sketch-up Modeling, Rpg Games,MMOs, Writing Stories/Fanfics) My whole life is actually jumps from one obsessive hobby to another.

So Yes I can go without anime...but nothing really changes.....

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 18:32   Link #219
Lightning_Wing

I like anime, but lately I've been watching less and less any more. I think I would be just fine without it, really.
Old 2012-07-06, 00:25   Link #220
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I don't watch anime just to kill time like I watch TV. For me there's a good enough reason why I became addicted in anime in the first place. It's not like I cannot live without it but I would've been addicted to something else much worse because I tend to be easily addicted to whatever interests me.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote