AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-04, 22:02   Link #381
Kmos

Pretty pictures, pretty pretentious, stinks of trying hard as others mentioned. I'll watch 3-6 epis for some development. Not a great start when most viewers don't know what to make of it other than nice visuals.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 22:27   Link #382
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep1:
If there's any, I'm betting it's on the level of No.9 No. 6 anime. Just look at those preview pics earlier in the thread.

Red loli, being a telepath, is prob very impt. She looks like a relative of Shiro.

Last edited by orion; 2012-10-05 at 23:03.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 22:47   Link #383
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Plot-wise, everything is still as vague as ever. Disconnected even.
No, its just super ugly "style" that the art director fond of.
Old 2012-10-04, 23:30   Link #384
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I'm not sure why people thought the plot was confusing. I got it fine. Here's my understanding of the plot:

According to the synopsis, it’s about a bunch of kings who fight psychic wars against each other, but let’s just look at the episode on its own. The show starts with an eight minute scene of the Red King’s gang breaking into a gangster hideout in order to find a specific person. There’s terrible unsubbed Engrish during this part, so I didn’t get everything, but I got the gist. Afterwards, they run into the Blue King’s gang and after a fight, the leader apparently gets caught. Meanwhile, the main protagonist (Isana Yashiro aka Shiro) goes out on an errand for his school and runs into trouble with the Red King’s gang because he looks exactly like the person they’re hunting: The Colorless King (who is apparently the seventh king). He gets saved by a mysterious youth named Kuroh Yatogami only to be threatened with his sword. It is at this point that videos of him killing a cameraman and declaring himself the seventh king is displayed all over the city and Shiro has nothing to say to that.

So yeah, I don't get what the problem is.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 23:42   Link #385
Aesthetic Shampoo

That's not the plot, that's just what happened in the episode.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 23:54   Link #386
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
That's not the plot, that's just what happened in the episode.
From what I read, people were confused on the plot of this episode. Hence, I laid out nicely what I saw happening in this episode. If people wanted hints of a larger plot, I've got nothing but what's in the synopsis. And frankly, I don't need to know at the moment. But I don't speak for everybody, so take that statement with a pinch of salt.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 01:03   Link #387
Terizent
Nonsense!

Well that was a pretty enjoyable first episode. Animation was godtier, as expected of GoHands. I liked the minimalistic usage of dialogue and the filters really weren't that big a of deal if you ask me. And by god that OP is amazing. Munakata vs Mikoto on skyscrapers = awesome.

I don't know why people are complaining that it was confusing/trite. It's not like we can expect for the entire plot to be shoved in our faces immediately. The whole episode was pretty clear, you even know why Homra's pursuing Yashiro if you paid attention to the cameraman's face and character bios. The cameraman is a member of Homra as well, so they're out for revenge for killing/injuring their friend.
Old 2012-10-05, 01:46   Link #388
dark998

Sounds great and looks even better. Loving the piano based soundtrack, the opening video (both stylish visuals and the Angela song). Character design is top notch (and varied too) and the animation is gorgeous. Plot points towards a massive conflict being cooked up and Yashiro may not be as innocent as he looks.

Oh, and Neko appeared! Only 5 seconds but next episode should fix that.

So yeah, great start.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 02:20   Link #389
topboy
poor man

Best hope for action-gen of this season ,sci-fi-gen maybe.Badass with care free personality male lead with neko female lead = x4 cool.
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 02:54   Link #390
Forsaken_Infinity

Ugh... I will admit that I was entertained but err...

They should have gone with an hour long special to start off if it indeed required two episodes worth of substance to make anything actually happen.

Let's hope the second episode does indeed pull something off nonetheless.
Old 2012-10-05, 05:41   Link #391
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

This looks stunning but kinda confusing at the same time. I guess I was busy gawking at the amazing and stylistic scenes that I forgot to pay attention half the time but. . . seriously it's like lol what the hell did I just watch?
Old 2012-10-05, 05:43   Link #392
Bern-san

I enjoyed the first episode since I got what I expected.
I agree that it tries too hard but the animation and music got me. Still will have to get used to the blue-like colors.

By the way, the second chapter of Memory of Red is translated (was the one of Homra who first spotted Yashiro the main character of the manga?)
Old 2012-10-05, 06:53   Link #393
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
@Triple_R: You mentioned yaoi? Thanks and now I don't have to see it. Thanks for seeing it so I don't have to.
On the other hand there are a cat and a dog around the MC, so maybe they'll go with this love instead of BL, who knows

By the way, the MC, shiro?, it's only me or did they try to make a connection to A Clockwork Orange with that ode to joy humming? Has he been cured by the ludovico technique?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 06:57   Link #394
hai_san

Seems intriguing i will follow for now. OP was great, and landscape scenery is awesome but perhaps a little bit too bright.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 07:09   Link #395
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

I'm not really sure of what i think of this but the animation is superb and the intro is cool. I'm kinda confused and found the story vague so far. Hope it gets better.

I just hope that there will be no yaoi. It already shown some hint.
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 07:53   Link #396
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
I just hope that there will be no yaoi. It already shown some hint.
Yaoi? No. Fanservice and/or Passionate Male Friendship and Rivalry and so on? Most probably yes, the character designs and the OP already have huge, blinking "DOUJINKA, START YOUR ENGINES" signs all over them...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 08:03   Link #397
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Watched the episode.

The visuals are great.

I got a vague idea of the plot but I will wait for next episodes for clarification.
Old 2012-10-05, 08:21   Link #398
rulfo

God I dunno where to start. I was so hyped for this since I'm a person who enjoys visuals more over story but also granted that the story/premise is at least decent or entertaining. This was really on the top of my to watch list. But c'mon... this was a very terrible introductory episode.

-Color scheme was my first gripe but then again I'll let this one pass as someone said that it might be tied to the premise of the show which clearly I didn't even manage to get with this disjointed presentation.

-Premise effin where!? I mean what the hell is going on? What should I expect next? What the hell did they try to sell here?

-So many characters so little damn I give. Durarara manage to do that amazingly and by not drowning me to death with so much names.

-Beautiful scenes but so out of place. I mean this skateboarder chased down Shiro(God at least I manage to get the MC's name from this convoluted mess). The whole scenario was tense as he really tried to beat the living crap out of him. Then this scene comes in with beautiful animation of the him skateboarding. It was very good EXCEPT it was so damn out of place. I mean seriously, you chase down someone and you pull stylish tricks that weren't even necessary? Ok now I know anime does this all the time with all the flashiness but c'mon, that was so leisurely looking.

And something to add, this episode was beyond boring. Even with this flashy action stuff happening it was really uneventful. I mean you guys can say Hyouka is boring and all but IMO this was far worse. For me this is the epitome of boring.

I can enjoy simple things but this was a complete failure in my eyes.

I might not follow this. I dunno if I can give it the 3 episode rule.

Overall this episode felt like a shiny tech demo with all the bells and whistles that was presented so badly.

Last edited by rulfo; 2012-10-05 at 08:48.
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 08:45   Link #399
Dark Wing

Well it looks great and we got part of the puzzle and I'm sure the over all plot will come in at some point we'll just have to wait for it.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2012-10-05 at 09:13.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 09:48   Link #400
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post

I might not follow this. I dunno if I can give it the 3 episode rule.
Im gonna try to give it my 3 epi rule. Seiyuu cast was fab of course but I felt like I was watching an epi that should have been further into the series, not the first. I guess this makes up for everyone who always complains nothing happens in the first epi or it's slow Here then have a ton of random stuff happen! This was odd to say the least but gonna try to hold onto it for a bit.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishonen, fantasy, gang, supernatural