AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 11:16   Link #241
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Any show that's disliked by Sankaku has scored some extra points in my book.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:05   Link #242
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
also thinking how good it will be if we have those translation glasses...
Absolutely! The prospect of peering into the souls of all the "fuck" and "anus" and all the "fornicating" skinned chicken bent on world domination is very verrrrry appealing.

Another brilliant episode. Some of these implications are so sobering. For example, how many of us would eat meat knowing the source is a sentient being? The answer is also hinted in the episode after the end credit:
Raggedy kid on table: "Sis, what's for dinner?"
Onechan of the Raggedy kid: " Weed soup..."

Raggedy kids on the table accept dejectedly of another weed-soup meal..... Despairing onechan prays to god. Flying skinned chicken comes crashing through the window.

Raggedy kids on the table in unison: "Sis, what's for dinner?"
Onechan of the Raggedy kid with new-found enthusiasm in her voice: "Meat, of course?"

Simply brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
It's a bit of a shame. The script shines through, and the visuals are gorgeous. However, a director with better technical grounding would've gone a long way toward making this fantastic.
While I kind of understand what you are saying, I'm also into two minds about it. Yeap, I agree that there is still room for improvement, especially if it fell into the hands of a seasoned director. But this story has been so good in these two episodes, that I don't know if the show will be able to respond any better with any addition without affecting or undermining the script in someway. And I don't want this script compromised in any way...
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:12   Link #243
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
About Sankaku, its an anonymouse posting blog, right?
There you have your answer, behind anonimate many people gets cocky...Hey, I dislike K-on and it has nothing to do with Sankaku, btw, its just like TJR says, the series has some directing issues, it can get better I hope.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 12:33   Link #244
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

About the glasses... yes it would be cool to get instant subs of everything we hear in an official language, instead of the slang it was expressed in

As for Sankaku, it's not anonymous, its "articles" are "written" by Artefact, and a little searching of his username, and the site's domain name and IP will soon yield a real identity if anyone cares to look. But bashing it aside, it's fan to read... it the equivalent of anglo-saxon news sites and tabloids for otaku

Last edited by AmeNoJaku; 2012-07-10 at 18:42.
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 17:08   Link #245
sa547
*Author

Quote:
I have no idea that tabloid is such an arbiter of good taste.
Old 2012-07-10, 17:48   Link #246
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Don't know about Sankaku, but impressions are mixed because of lousy storyboarding and scene composition (a problem with several series from this director). Without cinematography that complements dialogue and comedy well, some viewers find themselves detached from the show, hence it's "boring".

It's a bit of a shame. The script shines through, and the visuals are gorgeous. However, a director with better technical grounding would've gone a long way toward making this fantastic.
I don't think the director is amazing, but he is at least competent. There are so few excellent directors in the industry anymore anyways.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 18:21   Link #247
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

This solid waste is fornicated up.

I haven't been so deliciously confused since Mawaru Penguindrum.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 19:26   Link #248
Sol Falling

Quote:
Don't know about Sankaku, but impressions are mixed because of lousy storyboarding and scene composition (a problem with several series from this director). Without cinematography that complements dialogue and comedy well, some viewers find themselves detached from the show, hence it's "boring".

As for myself, I'm not certain at all where this show has directing issues. It rather seems to me that the style and intent of the work is inherently such that it would somewhat fly over a lot of viewers' heads, i.e. those who are not inclined to appreciate black humour or social satire/commentary. Under this premise, it is entirely natural that some people would find significant sections of the show "boring" and there is no amount of "directing" which could remedy it. Ultimately, despite its very notable quality and worthy source material, I don't think there's any question that from the beginning this show's appeal was limited.

Which in itself is fine. In fact, from my impressions, this show has been better received than perhaps could have been hoped.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 19:55   Link #249
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Love the zany style of the show. Even when I don't get the jokes, the style of their execution is amusing and enjoyable to watch in and of itself.

This show reminds me a bit of Excel Saga, SZS, and Penguin Drum. Good to see another truly whacked out anime comedy show like those three.
Old 2012-07-10, 21:13   Link #250
Midonin
Last Engage

Milky Holmes had a fairly similar contrast of bright and cheery visuals and unyielding bizarre situations/despair, but that show's always flown a bit under the radar.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 01:17   Link #251
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

This series is brilliant. To think I thought there wasn't going to be anything worth watching this summer.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 07:16   Link #252
Irisu
フフリ

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
i soo find this not boring at all why does it have such negativity in sankaku?
I'm watching the right show then.
Irisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 07:20   Link #253
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Sankaku says something is good. People don't care.
Sankaku says something is bad. Everyone watches.

Sankaku is hardly the only group that's hating it though. The scores on MAL are dirt low (low 7s). But as mentioned before, ANN loves the hell out of it. 4 or 5s unanimously from all the reviewers... even the infamous Zac Bertschy.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 07:30   Link #254
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Who cares about what other anime forums think? This is only good one.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 07:39   Link #255
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Spoiler for Offtopic:
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 08:35   Link #256
cyth
Banned

MAL = younger audience than elsewhere = SUICIDAL ROBOTIC BREAD TOO DEEP FOR THEM
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 10:36   Link #257
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

AH HAHAH!!!

Where's your plotting and fart sound making gotten you now eh stupid headless chickens?
Old 2012-07-11, 10:52   Link #258
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
This certainly is the good one, but really, who cares what any forum thinks? Watch stuff yourself and make up your own mind. I've liked plenty of shows every forum didn't, and hated ones every forum loved.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 12:07   Link #259
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Milky Holmes had a fairly similar contrast of bright and cheery visuals and unyielding bizarre situations/despair, but that show's always flown a bit under the radar.
Milky Holmes? Hm, interesting comparison, setup-wise... In Jinrui there is a depressing situation fought with revisionism, while in Milky Holmes there was a ridiculous situation viewed in desperate dissonance.

The main difference is that in Milky Holmes the girls overcame the obstacles with a lot of lucky, talent and a little (very little) effort. In Jinrui, "Self" as well as most of the cast act fatalistic, accepting their ultimate fate, but unlike the girls do the best of their bleak circumstances, instead of the worst.

These are also reflected in the visuals, while both anime's color palette is bright and shiny, in Milky Holmes the world was also brilliant and vibrant, while in Jinrui it abandoned and decaying.
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 16:59   Link #260
LuxorMG
ItadakiMAKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
This series is brilliant. To think I thought there wasn't going to be anything worth watching this summer.
You could try some of the more popular ones, like Muv-Luv or SAO, but that'd be too mainstream, eh? And if you haven't yet, try Space Bros from last season (it's still airing).

Quote:
This certainly is the good one, but really, who cares what any forum thinks? Watch stuff yourself and make up your own mind. I've liked plenty of shows every forum didn't, and hated ones every forum loved.
You blog niche shows that nobody else blogs, that's already a plus to me. It looks like we're some of the few who picked out Jinrui as the best this season, so... here's a toast to anime hipsters? Lol

Tags
fantasy, shounen