AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2019-11-09, 21:08   Link #81
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

One thing I really like about this season is how differently they're portraying being an Enforcer.

Season 1 treated Enforcers as complete hopeless cases who could never fix their lives or make a place for themselves outside of the confines of their job.

This season, particularly this episode, gives the impression that even Enforcers can have hope for themselves or better their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Wow that certain sounds a bit weird. Then again, the staff said from the beginning they never intended Psycho-Pass to focus on romance which is why Akane and Kogami were never into each other. Even the original actors said that about the cast. As a result, they noted the female demographic liked certain stuff ever since season 1.
That always came across as an untruth to me. I remember several scenes that really felt like they were pushing something.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2019-11-10 at 10:37.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-11, 02:48   Link #82
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The annoying thing is that I can't recall any pandering in Season 2 or in any of the films so why they've decided to start now I have no idea.
Whenever Makishima shows up in Kogami's mind, those scenes sure drive the fujo crowd wild though. Yeah, the hardest shipping is actually between Kogami and Makishima lol
Old 2019-11-11, 08:22   Link #83
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't really see that as deliberate pandering though because that in itself is a fairly standard trope. I'm aware of a lot of MakishimaxKougami fic but it always struck me as an unintended consequence of Urobuchi's fondness for the "Batman vs Joker" trope (as also seen in Fate/Zero and Aldnoah) combined with the adult ikemen character designs.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-11, 16:09   Link #84
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

OK, so I made myself finish season two, then watched all three Sinners movies, thinking that somehow I'd learn why Mika is in the big chair and Akane in the clink. Nope, nothing to resolve any of that. Sinners movie 3 is my favorite installment since the original season, probably because it wasn't full of sci-fi mumbo-jumbo and had strong characters. So far I have yet to be impressed with any of this season, which seems intent on being obscure. The mentalism business is an unwelcome supernatural addition to a story which has largely avoided such things up to now. (Why is it that all the detective stories lately, of which there are quite a few, are so dependent on the supernatural? What ever happened to human detective work?)

I've noticed that the whole series has upped the level of fisticuffs from the original story. I guess focusing on detection and inference is not enough to keep people involved these days. I might finish this season, or I might not. So far I'm leaning toward not.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-11, 18:29   Link #85
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
The mentalism business is an unwelcome supernatural addition to a story which has largely avoided such things up to now. (Why is it that all the detective stories lately, of which there are quite a few, are so dependent on the supernatural? What ever happened to human detective work?)
There's nothing supernatural about what Arata is doing. It's basically just extreme method acting mixed in with deductions.

Kamui was way more supernatural.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-11, 22:29   Link #86
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
There's nothing supernatural about what Arata is doing. It's basically just extreme method acting mixed in with deductions.

Kamui was way more supernatural.
To be fair this is also a world where it's possible for brains hooked up to a computer and sensor network to scan an entire nation of people's mental states so if what Arata is doing seems implausible......That issue is a bit late lol
Old 2019-11-14, 18:19   Link #87
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man a lot of action scenes and the case about the idol has finished. An idol as governor sure sounds strange. There wasn't too much gore which surprised me considering how brutal were previous seasons.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-21, 18:22   Link #88
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This episode was quite weak in the animation department. There were some offmodeled faces.

Still, I hope we get to explore more the hallucinations of Arata and his father. Mika's potrayal was hilarious today.
Old 2019-11-24, 21:00   Link #89
alex_drian

I still don't know what to make of BiFrost. Are they playing a kind of Super Monopoly with real live resources and infrastructure? when you have so much fucking money...

I suppose this is so far that Arata can get with his super manlet powers, but so far he has not have to fight himself and all the fight is made for Kei, so there are two options. He isn't so good in actual combat or is even better than Kei and if he have fight kogami he could have destroy it.

I hope that Mai will be fine. I just remembered the sucker punches that this series likes to give.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-27, 16:53   Link #90
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It would seem too obvious me if Kei's wife ends knowing Shiotani's works. I mean it would be the same thing as Akane's grandma and Sinners. Maybe he'll endanger Arata instead?
Old 2019-11-29, 17:59   Link #91
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So they went to Kei's wife. With Arata searching for Kei, I doubt she might be safe.
Old 2019-12-01, 11:22   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Has Akane returned yet? I think there are only two episodes left. Still waiting for it to end to watch it.
Old 2019-12-01, 11:50   Link #93
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Has Akane returned yet? I think there are only two episodes left. Still waiting for it to end to watch it.
It's three more episode and nope Akane has not returned.
Old 2019-12-01, 11:52   Link #94
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Akane made brief appearances in the first two episodes if I remember well. She will probably get major screentime in the final episode for a major reason that I cannot spoil for those that haven't seen it.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-01, 22:33   Link #95
alex_drian

Oh Psycho-Pass, what I'm gonna do with you?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-02, 11:23   Link #96
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
It's three more episode and nope Akane has not returned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Akane made brief appearances in the first two episodes if I remember well. She will probably get major screentime in the final episode for a major reason that I cannot spoil for those that haven't seen it.
Eh, given that she's in the OP I expected her to be involved sooner than that. Thanks for the answer.
Old 2019-12-05, 16:43   Link #97
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Nice episode. So far this feels like a lighter take on Psycho-Pass considering the toned down violence and deaths. I get why Akane appears in season 3 but the other returning characters feel like fanservice. Then again, if what Akane said might be true then this might be the final season or something.... Unless they adapt Kogami's prequel manga
Old 2019-12-06, 02:09   Link #98
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Okay, I'll admit it. My favorite part this week was:

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Meanwhile, looks like Akane is about to get into the game.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-07, 21:09   Link #99
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

About selfdefense, that was brought up in season 1 but it was a very different scenario.
Old 2019-12-07, 21:31   Link #100
HighGuard

Its not a matter of self defense. Remember there are no trial courts, everything is decided by the system. She was put in a facility because her Hue clouded as a result of her shooting someone. Hue is everything.