Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-21, 17:07   Link #2441
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Ex-Microsoft creative director discusses the "Internet hate phenomenon"
Adam Orth, who left Microsoft after his Xbox One "deal with it" comments drew controversy, talks about "Internet toxicity" at GDC this week.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ex-.../1100-6418465/
comments: "DEAL WITH IT!"
I guess he'll just have to...

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

...DEAL WITH IT
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 10:48   Link #2442
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

I wonder if the next xbox will be "Xbox The First ONE"
Old 2014-03-24, 11:06   Link #2443
GDB

Quote:
Orth explained that he's seen an "us versus them" theme rise to the surface between developers and players. This negative trend has the potential to spiral even further out of control, he said.
Well, yes, that's usually what happens when you "develop" in a way that's intended to screw the consumer for your own benefit.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 17:33   Link #2444
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, yes, that's usually what happens when you "develop" in a way that's intended to screw the consumer for your own benefit.
This is highlighted by the fact that game developers stop making media releases to customers, but instead make media releases to shareholders. Customers no longer matter, what matters is making the stock prices rise. Hence EA's announcement that Simcity2014 made millions, and thus it is supposedly a great success, with no comment on it being a failed product.
Old 2014-05-01, 09:52   Link #2445
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Ex-Microsoft creative director discusses the "Internet hate phenomenon"
Adam Orth, who left Microsoft after his Xbox One "deal with it" comments drew controversy, talks about "Internet toxicity" at GDC this week.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ex-.../1100-6418465/
comments: "DEAL WITH IT!"
Yeah, Adam Orth can have his cake & eat it too. He brought this upon himself with the sheer, utter arrogance he displayed. How he can criticize Online Toxic behavior and not realize that he vented alot of "Toxic Behavior" himself is beyond me.

Anyways, the XBox One's ban to be sold in China has recently been lifted and is scheduled to be released later this year in China. But American Mcgee (remember this guy? Damn, I barely remember him myself!) doesn't think it'll succeed in China. I don't always agree with McGee, but I think he does have a point when he says that F2P and PC Gaming is too popular in China for the XBox One to catch on.

http://gamepolitics.com/2014/05/01/a...a#.U2JdyleeYuQ
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 10:16   Link #2446
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's not just him, pretty much everyone with an understanding of China's gaming scene is saying the same thing.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 11:16   Link #2447
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

It seems that Microsoft is going is going to be doing few things in June other then the E3 stuff.

They are going to be launching an Xbox One without the Kinect at a $399, in the Fall and are going to be drop paywall for apps meaning you won't need a Gold sub in order to access apps, for both Xbox 360, and Xbox One users.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/399.../1100-6419601/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mic.../1100-6419590/
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 11:21   Link #2448
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh shit... Microsoft just hit the panic button

It looks like their sales numbers might be a lot lower than we imagined.
Old 2014-05-13, 11:49   Link #2449
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

they are heading the right direction. but $399 for this system is still too much.
sorry MS, don't want your console still. Wii U has just recently won me over.

i'll buy a Wii U soon for Super Smash Bro. i guess i'll be completely skipping out
on Xbone this generation.
Old 2014-05-13, 13:57   Link #2450
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Yeah, the weird thing is that MS is now competing with WiiU as the "2nd console".

They can sell to people who have waited this long, but for those who already got PS4, they need to compete with wiiU for value instead.
Old 2014-05-13, 15:18   Link #2451
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yeah, the weird thing is that MS is now competing with WiiU as the "2nd console".

They can sell to people who have waited this long, but for those who already got PS4, they need to compete with wiiU for value instead.
Most people still haven't taken the plunge. The larger slice of the market is still waiting for the first big games to hit and the price to drop bellow 400$ to actually jump on board. It happened with the last generation and will happen with this one.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft knows this and they should be switching gears to try and catch that slice of the market if possible. I'm betting that they are just being delayed by the shake up that happened when Don Mattrick was finally ousted (god did he completely kill the 360 for me. It went from my most used console to a dust magnet in just a few years).
Old 2014-05-13, 17:02   Link #2452
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I think a few of us saw the Kinectless Xbox One coming though i'm still quite surprised to see it so soon. For all the missteps they have taken every since the first announcement of the console, they are moving quickly to readjust to the market. Hopefully this competition will keep Sony on it's toe and get Nintendo to move quickly.

Personally i don't see XB1 as a secondary console like Wii U. Unlike Wii U, both XB1 and PS4 have a much more robust media box functionality and thus overlapping market as a primary console for regular household.
Old 2014-05-13, 17:15   Link #2453
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

Hell no.
The thing is, people, who are into video-gaming already have a ps4, WiiU and a XbOne. So no the removal of kinect, to reduce the investment price, is really just to get potential new current gen customer to consider the Xbone as an alternative to the PS4, and not as a second console.
The Wii U is not really competing with the PS4/Xbone in a sense, because nobody is daft enough to get it just for non exclusive titles, and reason why some folks have branded it as a side console, where as PS4 and Xbone are really competing in the area.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 17:24   Link #2454
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Hell no.
The thing is, people, who are into video-gaming already have a ps4, WiiU and a XbOne. So no the removal of kinect, to reduce the investment price, is really just to get potential new current gen customer to consider the Xbone as an alternative to the PS4, and not as a second console.
The Wii U is not really competing with the PS4/Xbone in a sense, because nobody is daft enough to get it just for non exclusive titles, and reason why some folks have branded it as a side console, where as PS4 and Xbone are really competing in the area.
I don't really think that's true. So far only the early adopters bought the new gen consoles, most gamers are still sitting on the fence waiting for the games.

Consoles don't sell consoles, Games sell consoles. Nintendo learned that with the Wii U, Sony learned that with the PS3 and so far the next gen libraries are still very very sparsely populated to make any conclusions. Would you have pegged the PS3 to match the 360 like it does today when the console was still in it's first year? Remember that the PS3 had no games and was a massive barbecue grill that people had to get a second job to afford? Don't count the Xbox One out already (I won't buy it but that's more to do with the complete lack of support Microsoft gives my country rather than the console itself).
Old 2014-05-14, 10:35   Link #2455
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Offering up apps for free (which should have been free to begin with since Netflix requires a sub anyway) and a SpyboxOne without Connect is too little, too late in my opinion. Since November 2010 (when I got my Slim 3Shitty Console) it has been an uphill struggle with this thing. I simply cannot pop in a game and play it nope there just has to be connection issues, sign in issues, the constant freezing oh and I know it doesn't occur 24/7 of the time, or even every week, but when it does i'll be damned if It doesn't declares war on the user.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 17:55   Link #2456
Chosen_Hero

Lol, just watch as PS4 gets a price reduction announced at E3.
Old 2014-05-14, 19:36   Link #2457
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I'm pretty sure there won't be any. Sony just doesn't need to response to each and every of MS' move. They need to announce more games, though.
Old 2014-05-14, 20:05   Link #2458
Chosen_Hero

Afrer the legendary E3 2013 I think that Sony would do it.
Old 2014-05-15, 00:29   Link #2459
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

They don't need a price drop, all they need is to announce Demon Souls 2 and reannounce Last Guardian and you'll have the crowds cheering their names like last year.
Old 2014-05-15, 01:32   Link #2460
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
They don't need a price drop, all they need is to announce Demon Souls 2 and reannounce Last Guardian and you'll have the crowds cheering their names like last year.
They annouce Demons Souls 2 and I'll sell them my soul, The Last Guardian I don't really care about, seems like a monster pet simulator to me and a chickendog isn't my idea of a pet.