AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2012-08-22, 16:16   Link #461
maximilianjenus
[E]

ah, grief cubes still clean soul gems, me bad I forgot I have been too focused on kazumi/manga material.

ok.. I will try to wrap my mind around that I really tought soul gems were uncleanable in post madoka universe, I also guess that 10b is pretty useless in taht worl then. We still have homura somehow having those black wings (which could just be a simple skill fo hers) and she running out of magic and being taken by madoka.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 20:32   Link #462
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I feel that the grief cubes don't clean, it's more of fighting the demons. When they give up, their soul gems get corrupted
Old 2012-08-23, 04:49   Link #463
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Guys, we see Homura cleaning her Soul Gem with Grief Cubes. She specifically does so and then feeds them to Kyubey while talking to him about Witches. It's immediately after she finishes cleaning her Soul Gem that she actually describes and introduces Wraiths to us.
Old 2012-08-23, 09:27   Link #464
maximilianjenus
[E]

yeah I just rewatched the last episode, bd version and reread the last manga episode one I got back home, the grief cubes seems to be really small, tho; homura uses a lot of those to clean her soul gem while she is talking to 9b, so how thye clean their gems is out of the question now.

now, in the manga homura pretty much runs of magic power and is taken to valhalla by madoka, in the anime the fight is better as homura does not gain puire black wins (as I remember from the broadcast version), but the wings "texture" looks exactly like the inside of a witch's barrier, she is also fighting in a desert as pointed out before and the maju she is fighting can shoot "lasers".

now we are left with a world that has a lesser chance of defeating entropy, but that's the 9b's problem not humanity's, the maju only seem to be a swarm of weaker enemies compared to witches we get much more maju, but they are less powerful, mahou shoujo could still attack each other if the amount of maju is small, to avoid dissapearing, but then again if there are less maju they would not need to use taht much magic so it's ahrd to draw any conclusions from that.
Old 2012-08-23, 15:44   Link #465
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

If the PSP game is any indication, Homura can do with 'Witch Wing' thing without endangering her life. It just seems to be an ultra attack of hers, or something.

I personally like to think that Homura is the last person, period, to be collected by Madoka. The true miracle.
Old 2012-08-23, 16:21   Link #466
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
If the PSP game is any indication, Homura can do with 'Witch Wing' thing without endangering her life. It just seems to be an ultra attack of hers, or something.
That's right. IIRC it's called corrosive wings or something like that.

In any case, Homura's powers seems off the chart in the new world. I hope the movie will explain how she got all those new tricks.
Old 2012-08-23, 18:38   Link #467
GDB

Quote:
I personally like to think that Homura is the last person, period, to be collected by Madoka. The true miracle.
Only works if Homura either fails at protecting the earth, if she no longer ages at all and protects it for thousands of years, or if somehow Madoka's system gets voided.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 23:51   Link #468
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Yea, the second position was the one I was implying. It's highly probable that Puella Magi do not age.
Old 2012-08-24, 00:39   Link #469
Aquapunk

Quote:
Yea, the second position was the one I was implying. It's highly probable that Puella Magi do not age.
I dunno...

Old 2012-08-24, 00:47   Link #470
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapunk View Post
I dunno...
We're talking Shaft here. Artwork consistency is not their strong point.

But yeah, we don't really know if they age. Like AuraTwilight, though, I'm inclined to think they don't.
Old 2012-08-24, 04:37   Link #471
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

There's also the possibility that even if they don't age naturally, they could force themselves to do so, like how Homura fixed her eyesight.

It's also worth keeping in mind that Kyoko looks about the same age in the PSP game flashbacks, including the CG scenes, so the lazy reuse of sprites isn't an excuse.
Old 2012-08-24, 06:06   Link #472
Cloudy

Maybe the stopped aging at a certain age?
Old 2012-08-24, 08:14   Link #473
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
Jinna Asumi in magical girl outfit

What's the name of this magical girl on pixiv?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 10:07   Link #474
KurouKuriko

I thought it was confirmed by Roberta's production notes that they do age?

From the Puella Magi Wiki:
(7) A witch who lived for a long time as a magical girl. She is weak, as she was no longer a girl when she became a witch (mid-20s to 30s?). The form she takes in her barrier is how she would've turned out in the future (around 40s). What she desires is life. Enjoys alcohol and books.

Also during Mami's ep.3 flashback, she was wearing a casual blue outfit and had no noticeable bust when the car crashed, but in the PSP game CGs she was wearing a school uniform. I don't think the PSP game CGs, when it comes to flashbacks, are very consistent with the anime.
KurouKuriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 10:45   Link #475
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurouKuriko View Post
I don't think the PSP game CGs, when it comes to flashbacks, are very consistent with the anime.
The game is canon too, and since there are discrepancies in comparison with the anime, I wouldn't say it's confirmed that they do age even taking the production notes into account.

On the other hand, Homura might just be an special case. It's not a farfetched idea considering all she went through.
Old 2012-08-24, 14:07   Link #476
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurouKuriko View Post
I thought it was confirmed by Roberta's production notes that they do age?

From the Puella Magi Wiki:
(7) A witch who lived for a long time as a magical girl. She is weak, as she was no longer a girl when she became a witch (mid-20s to 30s?). The form she takes in her barrier is how she would've turned out in the future (around 40s). What she desires is life. Enjoys alcohol and books.

Also during Mami's ep.3 flashback, she was wearing a casual blue outfit and had no noticeable bust when the car crashed, but in the PSP game CGs she was wearing a school uniform. I don't think the PSP game CGs, when it comes to flashbacks, are very consistent with the anime.
If you're forced to live as part of society, like if you have a job and family, you're gonna MAKE yourself age.
Old 2012-08-24, 16:04   Link #477
maximilianjenus
[E]

homura can time travel specific body parts anyway so she could age naturally and just turn herself younger for whatever objective she has; at elast that's the method she used to heal her eyes.
now, I don't know if she kept her time travel powers in the post madoka worlds.
Old 2012-08-24, 17:28   Link #478
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I don't know if she kept her time travel powers in the post madoka worlds.
Probably not.

Still, we have to consider that Homura was a pretty unique magical girl to begin with. For instance, she did manage to follow Madoka outside of time in the last episode. And now in the new world she has memories of a time that literally never existed in her universe. And let's no even talk about her new freaky powers.

That's why I said that after all she went through, I wouldn't be surprised if only she doesn't age. We have to accept that Homura is an anomaly even among magical girls.
Old 2012-08-24, 18:18   Link #479
maximilianjenus
[E]

I think she still has her power, since she is also not wearing glasses (and I just tought of that).

I agree she is a completely anomaly.
Old 2012-08-24, 21:08   Link #480
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
homura can time travel specific body parts anyway so she could age naturally and just turn herself younger for whatever objective she has; at elast that's the method she used to heal her eyes.
No it's not; you are completely and totally making things up. Homura does not seem to have the ability to control her time travel except for pausing it, much less time travel to make specific body parts younger (and how the fuck would that even work on EYESIGHT?) However, we DO know Puella Magi in general can use magic to improve their healing rates, turn off pain receptors, and other minor body modifications. Why wouldn't the Incubators include capabilities to deal with handicaps like sight and hearing?

Quote:
now, I don't know if she kept her time travel powers in the post madoka worlds.
She isn't. She doesn't have her shield.

Quote:
Still, we have to consider that Homura was a pretty unique magical girl to begin with. For instance, she did manage to follow Madoka outside of time in the last episode. And now in the new world she has memories of a time that literally never existed in her universe. And let's no even talk about her new freaky powers.
In fairness, Homura's not exactly a freak; it's just an idiosyncrasy of her magic. She made a wish that tied her to Madoka's timeline forever, so it logically follows that the magical connection allows her to follow Madoka and remember her. Homura's NEW powers are probably a result of the wish Homura made in this timeline, before the Homura that remembers Madoka 'walked in' on it.

I like to think that New!World Homura wished to heal Amy, evoking Madoka's Puella Magi powers and continuing the tradition of Amy being saved in every possible universe.

Tags
madoka magica, movie