AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-11-14, 17:48   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 1067 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Heya there, ladies and gents! Let's get this party started, shall we? Credit goes to AP's Redon and co. for spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "Punk Records". In the ministory, Caesar is fighting with Judge.

-We find out that while Vegapunk was born a genius, he also gained the powers of the Nomi Nomi (Brain) no Mi. This ability allows him to store an unlimited amount of knowledge in his brain, which is why he had such a huge head. As for the Punk Records mentioned in the chapter title, it refers to the upper section of Egghead. It contains Vegapunk's brain, and is updated with new information everyday by himself and the other six Punks. The apple on the main Vegapunk's head acts as an antenna that links him with the Punk Records. He hopes to one day make it freely available to anyone who wants to share information, but Jinbei is uneasy about that idea since that would make it easy for people to spread misinformation with biased thoughts.

-Vegapunk then reveals why he considered the artificial dragon fruit that Momonosuke consumed to be a failure: Because of its COLOR. Momo's dragon was pink instead of blue like Kaidou's, so in the eyes of a perfectionist like Vegapunk, it was a failure (lol). As for the ancient robot that Luffy's group discovered, it was built 900 years ago during the Void Century. However, it was last activated 200 years ago, where it climbed the Red Line and launched an attack on Mariejois! During its rampage, the machine suddenly ran out of fuel, and it was captured. Interestingly, Robin points out that 200 years ago was when the "Fish-man discrimination incident" took place. The Vega Force 01 robot was Vegapunk's attempt at recreating that old robot, but its actual energy source is still unknown to this day. Suddenly, an angry Bonney tries to get the jump on the old scientist with a light saber! However, this is another of the doc's failed inventions..... since it attracts bugs. Bonney, who's afraid of insects, ends up passing out, though Vegapunk (who's apparently unbothered by the fact she wants to kill him) says there's something he wants to give her later. Finally, he addresses Luffy himself: He wants the newly crowned emperor to take him out of Egghead....!!!

-Meanwhile, CP0 finally arrives at Egghead. Lucci says he received a report about Bonney being spotted in the area, and notes she escaped the WG's clutches many times. However, the government no longer has any use for her, so they're free to kill her should she be discovered. They then request access within the island in order to return the Kuma Seraphim, but Shaka denies them access to the premises, and simply tells them to leave the Seraphim behind and leave. He then orders the other Punks to prepare for battle! At the end of the chapter, we cut to the RA's base at Kamabakka, where the real Kuma is suddenly active! He springs to his feet and begins to run off somewhere....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2022-11-17 at 14:34.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-14, 18:51   Link #2
Gerard07

Seen the spoilers, Vegapunk is a user of Akuma no mi, the robot was built in the empty century, the CP0 arrived on the island and the real Kuma apparently detected someone, who would it be? (I doubt it's Sabo), apparently it will be a good chapter, although the bad thing is that there is still no news of Law vs Kurohige (probably the author will not tell us anything until the fight is over or a long time later), to wait for the Next chapter.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-15, 00:30   Link #3
Rainbowman

If Vegapunk has Devil Fruit powers with thinking capabilities, you would think that he would have found ways to get rid of the obstacles regarding the “Devil Fruit curse” and possibly made a water based Devil Fruit.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-15, 15:31   Link #4
marvelB

Okay, updated with a more complete summary! Well now, Vegapunk is quite the interesting one, isn't he? Though I think the idea of a building that's apparently comprised entirely of brain matter would sound like a..... less than pleasant place to visit, to put it lightly. Also, that story about the robot climbing the Red Line and attacking Mariejois reminds me of Fisher Tiger pulling the same stunt in more recent history. Robin even connected it to a fish-man related incident. Coincidence? Time disparities aside, I think not......

Anyways, looks like we're gonna see the six Punks in action soon! But I'd say the main thing to take away here is Punk Prime asking Luffy to whisk him away from Egghead (to escape from the government's control, clearly). So.... Vegapunk for final nakama?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-15, 18:11   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Vegapunk basically wants to create Wikipedia.

Are the enemies of the arc really going to be CP0? It's impossible for me to see them as a threat.
Old 2022-11-15, 18:26   Link #6
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Vegapunk basically wants to create Wikipedia.
Jimbei is basically already calling out how that's going to turn out.
Old 2022-11-16, 00:36   Link #7
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, looks like we're gonna see the six Punks in action soon! But I'd say the main thing to take away here is Punk Prime asking Luffy to whisk him away from Egghead (to escape from the government's control, clearly). So.... Vegapunk for final nakama?
More like nakama number 11 with Yamato becoming number 12 and possibly Vivi becoming number 13 if were to believe Oda’s number theories.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 04:06   Link #8
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Are the enemies of the arc really going to be CP0? It's impossible for me to see them as a threat.
You think so? Bet whatever that Lucci is an awakened zoan now after he got beaten within an inch of his life. Probably one of the few times Luffy nearly killed his enemies.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-16, 08:34   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void View Post
You think so? Bet whatever that Lucci is an awakened zoan now after he got beaten within an inch of his life. Probably one of the few times Luffy nearly killed his enemies.
I have no doubt he's stronger, but it's not like he's an admiral. I'd call bullshit if Luffy had any kind of trouble with him. Not to mention only Lucci, Kaku, and Stussy are there. What can the three of them do? I'm also pretty sure them bringing the Kuma seraphim is going to bite them in the ass, Vegapunk would have to be pretty dumb not to build a failsafe into them.
Old 2022-11-16, 11:40   Link #10
Gerard07

By the way, how did Vegapunk know that his (fake) akuma's dragon wasn't going to be pink? Was the fruit also pink or something?. Well, I wonder if the fruit that Momo ate will also have a will, or who knows, maybe Oda will come out with the "will" for Kaido's fruit (assuming he died) to go to Momo instead of reappearing in the world like the ones other Akuma no mi, a wait for the chapter.
Old 2022-11-17, 01:50   Link #11
electricmastro

Seems that Momo's fruit was only seen as a failure because the coloring was inaccurate, suggesting he can also use human-beast form and awakening. Also, I suppose Luffy is going to help Bonney and Vegapunk escape.
electricmastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-17, 15:39   Link #12
grecefar

I can see egghead being a short arc and them escaping quickly, maybe a luffy vs lucci round 2 but luffy is too strong for him, unless they say some bs and now lucci is in admiral level or something.

There is still too if luffy can enter the nika form at will.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-17, 17:25   Link #13
electricmastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I can see egghead being a short arc and them escaping quickly, maybe a luffy vs lucci round 2 but luffy is too strong for him, unless they say some bs and now lucci is in admiral level or something.

There is still too if luffy can enter the nika form at will.
I can see some action being sprinkled in, to keep in tradition with the shounen manga this is, but yeah, I don't really see Luffy going into an all-out 1 vs. 1 again until like the final arc.
Old 2022-11-17, 21:20   Link #14
itachi-san314

Yea there's no way Luffy is going to have a big fight here. It would be underwhelming after Kaidou.

I wonder what Vegapunk's plan for his brain is after he dies. It sounds like he's thinking of starting the internet
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-17, 22:10   Link #15
Jmariofan7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Jimbei is basically already calling out how that's going to turn out.
Yeah we all know how the actual Wikipedia turned out.
Jmariofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-11-17, 22:31   Link #16
electricmastro

If Vegapunk made the fruit that accurate aside from the inaccurate color, then Momo could have a human-beast form, as well as awakening.
Old 2022-11-18, 14:58   Link #17
Gerard07

Having seen the chapter, there was a little talk about Vegapunk and his clones, Bonney is afraid of insects, CP0 arrived and Kuma activated, I suppose because he detected someone but who would it be?,too bad there are no spoilers for Law vs Kurohige but it was still a good chapter, to wait for the next chapter.
Old 2022-11-18, 16:39   Link #18
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
Having seen the chapter, there was a little talk about Vegapunk and his clones, Bonney is afraid of insects, CP0 arrived and Kuma activated, I suppose because he detected someone but who would it be?,too bad there are no spoilers for Law vs Kurohige but it was still a good chapter, to wait for the next chapter.
No offense, but if you’re gonna ask when’s Law vs Teach every single chapter without them being shown then I suggest you stop reading until they show up again. Oda will bring them back when he decides to do so. Back on topic, the one thing I worry about any chapter involving CP0 is that they might use them as a segue to get the crew to Mariejois and delay visiting Elbaf further, though that might not be the case this time.
Old 2022-11-18, 17:09   Link #19
Gerard07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
No offense, but if you’re gonna ask when’s Law vs Teach every single chapter without them being shown then I suggest you stop reading until they show up again. Oda will bring them back when he decides to do so. Back on topic, the one thing I worry about any chapter involving CP0 is that they might use them as a segue to get the crew to Mariejois and delay visiting Elbaf further, though that might not be the case this time.
I guess you're right, I'm sorry since I like Law's character and I don't want him to lose now, but I guess it's true that he gets tired every time he asks XD .
As for CP0, I can imagine a hypothetical Luffy vs. Luccy or Zoro vs. Kaku, but who would Stussy fight? Against Robin? I doubt that Mugiwara will not fight CP0 considering that the latter has orders to eliminate Vegapunk and the scientist asked Luffy to get him off the island, things will undoubtedly be interesting.
Old 2022-11-18, 19:25   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Lucci dressing up his pigeon and even giving him a tiny mask so he can fit in will never not be funny.