AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 30 19.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 36.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 33.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 9.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-10, 16:37   Link #201
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
My opinion? ^ I know this is crazy and is just a theory.

Clare could ally herself with Priscilla, or the other way around. Remember Goku and Vegeta?

Itīs just a stupid idea, forget it.
Naaah. Clare finds Buddha in the end, and realises the folly of revenge. She forgives Priscilla...

.......and promptly gets stabbed in the back. Some things never change.
Old 2007-06-10, 21:44   Link #202
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
Quote:
Quote:
My opinion? ^ I know this is crazy and is just a theory.

Clare could ally herself with Priscilla, or the other way around. Remember Goku and Vegeta?

Itīs just a stupid idea, forget it.
Naaah. Clare finds Buddha in the end, and realises the folly of revenge. She forgives Priscilla...

.......and promptly gets stabbed in the back. Some things never chang
I could actually see claymore ending with no happy ending. Both Manga and Anime...
Old 2007-06-10, 22:40   Link #203
Lendial

this definately seems like the kind to end in total tragedy. none of that good guy powers up despite unsurmoutable odds and beats bad guy, happy ending.
Old 2007-06-10, 23:30   Link #204
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Ending with everyone dead, except the lonely blind flutist standing at the edge of a cliff, waiting for the sister who will never come...

I can see it having one of these style endings, with Raki standing over Clare's Claymore grave...
Old 2007-06-11, 01:58   Link #205
mercury lampe

hello guys, just yesterday I rewatched the episode and I have little question:

It's about something that Miria said. While she was looking how Clare could suddenly predict the movements of the awakened one, she said something like "the stronger a youki is, the easier will be for clare to read it (and defeat it)"

Well, in the fight between teresa and pre-awakened prisicila, teresa commented that due to the youki of prisicila was really strong, she hardly could read its flow.

So, aren't the wrods of teresa and the words of miria in conflict?

Thanks.
Old 2007-06-11, 02:13   Link #206
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury lampe View Post

It's about something that Miria said. While she was looking how Clare could suddenly predict the movements of the awakened one, she said something like "the stronger a youki is, the easier will be for clare to read it (and defeat it)"

Well, in the fight between teresa and pre-awakened prisicila, teresa commented that due to the youki of prisicila was really strong, she hardly could read its flow.

Thanks.
I think it was mentioned that pre-awakened Priscilla was giving off a very tremendous amount of youki in her rage, whereas the Awakened One that Clare fought wasn't exactly approaching Priscilla's level of youki-venting.
Old 2007-06-11, 02:15   Link #207
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:

Thanks.
Too strong for Teresa, but maybe Clare has accustomed herself to such things.
Also, I doubt that guy was as strong as Priscilla.
Old 2007-06-11, 02:24   Link #208
mercury lampe

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
I think it was mentioned that pre-awakened Priscilla was giving off a very tremendous amount of youki in her rage, whereas the Awakened One that Clare fought wasn't exactly approaching Priscilla's level of youki-venting.
Yes, I already know that that awakened one was not as strong as priscila is, but, miria is taxative in her sentence: "the stronger a youki is, the easier is fore clare to read it. And she added "this is perfect to fight awakened beings" so, this would have be true no matter what's the strenght of the awkaned being.

So, if this isn't true and depends of how skilled a claymore is (or how much training she has) I see more reasonable the opinion of FatPianoBoy about the fact that clare maybe has got used to such things.

Last edited by mercury lampe; 2007-06-11 at 03:55.
Old 2007-06-11, 02:56   Link #209
zato_1one

I thought Miria was right. But it mostly depends on user skill. It just like you solve a problem. When you find a harder problem, you take more times to find its solution.

In this case, Priscilla Yoki was too strong. So it also took times for Teresa to predict the accurate flow.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 2007-06-11, 03:20   Link #210
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy
Too strong for Teresa, but maybe Clare has accustomed herself to such things.
I find it somewhat implausible that rookie Clare could have become more accustomed to Awakened-level youki in her short career compared to Teresa. But then again, we're dealing with speculation here, so your guess is as good as everyone else's.

I'd imagine that if you're reading youki like you would read pulse signals on a radar screen, than stronger youki means stronger pulses, hence a better signal. But let's say the pulses are so phenomenally strong that the entire radar screen goes into a bright, flaring white-out.

You'd be so blinded that you wouldn't even be able to look at the screen, let alone read the signals.
Old 2007-06-11, 03:23   Link #211
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

Thanks.
Not really. Just take Miria's words as "the stronger a youki is, the easier it will be for Clare to read it, unless it's really OMGWTFBBQ too strong."
Old 2007-06-11, 03:28   Link #212
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not really. Just take Miria's words as "the stronger a youki is, the easier it will be for Clare to read it, unless it's really OMGWTFBBQ too strong."
I agree, I doubt Miria has ever encountered anything anywhere near Priscilla god-mode level. So it is quite likely that Clare would have the same problem Teresa did against Priscilla, and considering Teresa was alot better then Clare, that is big trouble.
Old 2007-06-11, 03:28   Link #213
Mandrake

Kind like the radar wipeout on the sub in Independence Day XD
Old 2007-06-11, 06:58   Link #214
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
And I was going to go by font size analogy.
weak yoki output => omg font size 1 => I can't see anything
standard yoki output => font size 12 => alright!
awaken being => font size 30 => easy
priscilla => font size 328590 => I can't see anything
Old 2007-06-11, 10:05   Link #215
Archmagination2002

ROFL ritalman!!

I think there was also another reason why Teresa was struggling with reading Priscilla's Yoki flow.. the flow was wildly erratic and out of control. Priscilla wasn't really sane when battling Teresa and furthormore she didn't know how to control her power which resulted in her Yoki flow being erratic.

Compare this to the Male who was sane, he had a lot of experience as an Awakened One and wasn't near as powerful as Priscilla. The male played directly into Clare's ability.. he was powerful enough that she could see his Yoki easily and his experience at using his power meant that reading his Yoki flow was easier since he knew exactly where to send his Yoki to produce the effect that he wanted.
Old 2007-06-11, 10:06   Link #216
migs.
Uninspired

Send a message via MSN to migs. Send a message via Yahoo to migs.
ntalman,
nice analogy there, actually she can read weak yoki, if the yoki is really suppressed then that's the font size 1 lol
Old 2007-06-11, 11:21   Link #217
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalman View Post
priscilla => font size 328590 =>
*outerspace billboard*

Clare's radar would get overloaded from Priscilla's youki, so she would have to so something similar to what Teresa did - boost her own power enough to see and counter YoumaPriscilla's movements instead of reading the flow as much.
Old 2007-06-11, 12:01   Link #218
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

Canīt we just all....Get along? Someone has to talk with the Youmas. Bring peace to their inner soul. We all need a little love?......

Someone has to make peace!
Old 2007-06-11, 12:13   Link #219
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs. View Post
ntalman,
nice analogy there, actually she can read weak yoki, if the yoki is really suppressed then that's the font size 1 lol
You nitpicky you
Old 2007-06-11, 13:25   Link #220
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Canīt we just all....Get along? Someone has to talk with the Youmas. Bring peace to their inner soul. We all need a little love?......

Someone has to make peace!

Sure, we could always send them a negotiator on a silver platter..see if they'd be able to control themselves.

Should they start chewing on him (hehe..i don't send women or children to be eaten) we could still push the trigger for the remote controlled bomb with which we have rigged the negotiators bu** with.

What a blast!
Closed Thread