AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-11-21, 16:53   Link #19521
MrBirthday

*Reconsiders* Well, maybe a short ficlet, since that's about the limit of my writing ability.

Spoiler for Scene:

Edit: By the way, if someone wants to take this idea and run with it, feel free to include, alter, or discard this scene as you see fit.

Spoiler for Note 1:

Spoiler for Note 2:

Spoiler for Note 3:

Last edited by MrBirthday; 2009-11-22 at 00:58. Reason: Spelling, formatting errors, added text
MrBirthday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 18:30   Link #19522
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight Gafgar View Post
Spoiler for The Perils of Divorcing an Earth Woman:
this is the most awesome thing I have read today.
Old 2009-11-21, 18:43   Link #19523
hideki101
Bored out of his mind...

I have a hard time linking isolated scenes into a continuous story. Like I know the plot of the story, and I know some scenes I want to write, but I have a hard time coming up with connections. Does anyone else have this problem, and how do you fix it. (for reference, I have two crossovers sorta kinda planned out, a Nanoha/Negima one, and a Nanoha/Touhou one.)
hideki101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 18:49   Link #19524
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by hideki101 View Post
I have a hard time linking isolated scenes into a continuous story. Like I know the plot of the story, and I know some scenes I want to write, but I have a hard time coming up with connections. Does anyone else have this problem, and how do you fix it. (for reference, I have two crossovers sorta kinda planned out, a Nanoha/Negima one, and a Nanoha/Touhou one.)
Ah yes, yes I do. I think the same way, I have a bunch of plot points but I don't know how they go together. The trick, that I've found is to let the writing guide you as you go. Even if you make an outline you can't write in every little thing that's going to happen. My sugestion is to start at the beginning and see where it goes. The scenes you have in your mind are like the pitstops along the road and should guide, but not control, your journey.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 18:53   Link #19525
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
I have this problem bad. It really hurts my rate of production especially when I reach a "connection point" that is of major import to the plot.

This is something happening right now in my original novel project--I cannot figure out how the main character discovers where a supporting character has been taken hostage. I have a few different ways I can handle it, but I can't decide which way I want to lean. So I'm a little stuck right now.

All I can do in situations like this, is to ask other people or wait until my brain unclogs and I figure out how I want to handle it. Sometimes consuming other media will inspire me.
Old 2009-11-21, 18:54   Link #19526
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Only occasionally, when I do write. Generally I have an easy time piecing things together, but sometimes, I'll hit a point where I don't know what to do. I haven't really figured out any concrete method of getting past it.
Old 2009-11-21, 19:09   Link #19527
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Behold! I present to you a fic created from the combined ability of TheShinySword and I, Tempest.

The product of Shiny Crack and Tempest Rage. Crack Rage? Shiny RAGE!

Written in response to Satashi's challenge.

Spoiler for the Perils of Prepubescence:

Shiny is an awesome partner.
Old 2009-11-21, 19:55   Link #19528
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Poor Noland...
Old 2009-11-21, 20:17   Link #19529
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
For me, the first big question I ask myself is "What is the connection between the plot I have and the scenes I write?" and from there I change things as I go along to make it fit. In the end I could have a story that finishes up totally different from how it started, or some scenes might not come out the way I originally planned, but once I find that connection between the scenes and the plot I always manage to find a way to get around the problem.
Old 2009-11-21, 20:56   Link #19530
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
I don't know about other people, or how it works for them, but I find that I usually drop a characterization moment into the scenes I want to write that shows the character's reaction to something that links with the plot. That way I get both character development, a link to the plot and a little bit of foreshadowing on plot development too.

For example, in "Angel" I wanted to make a mention of Hayate working out (since I made a reference to that earlier) and also mention how she's physically stronger than Fate (source of amusement since Fate is supposed to be a good fighter now). So I had them talk about their concerns relating to the other person's role in the upcoming conflict, and got the added bonus of showing both of them starting to lie to each other because they're afraid...so plot link, foreshadowing and character development, all in one.
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 21:05   Link #19531
The Guy Named Zeo
stuff written here

Send a message via MSN to The Guy Named Zeo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Behold! I present to you a fic created from the combined ability of TheShinySword and I, Tempest.

That was great. Good job Shiny and Tempy, also poor Noland indeed.
Old 2009-11-21, 21:17   Link #19532
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:

There's no way this can be crack. This should be...DRUNK.

Yes, drunk. Alcohol does give out effects like these.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 21:29   Link #19533
Nijiru

@Tempest: As everyone else said, poor Noland. Just one question that came to mind while reading. Did Vivio make the same promise to Nanoha when she gained her transformation magic in this as she did in Vivid? Cause using magic to sneak into a movie could be seen as an abuse of her power. Just wondering.
Old 2009-11-21, 22:25   Link #19534
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

I post the end of my deal with Satashi for the ViCia lemon! .... Finally!

Be warned, first person narrative is not my strongest point. So I apologize right now if this piece kind of jumps around or makes no sense, I wanted it to match Satashi's piece as best I could.

Spoiler for Emerald ViCia Buildup: Lutecia:
Old 2009-11-21, 23:07   Link #19535
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nijiru View Post
@Tempest: As everyone else said, poor Noland. Just one question that came to mind while reading. Did Vivio make the same promise to Nanoha when she gained her transformation magic in this as she did in Vivid? Cause using magic to sneak into a movie could be seen as an abuse of her power. Just wondering.
'tis not an abuse of power.

... it's just a creative use of power... yeah creative.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 00:17   Link #19536
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
@shiny and tempy: read the story :3 Of course I was lost at the OCs since I don't know them (minus Syn), but it was still a fun read Poor girls got drunk while Vivio's parents......got drunk lol.

So, is Yuuno a pimp?
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 00:21   Link #19537
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

I'll be torturing this thread all summer long...

Quote:

I lol'd really hard at Zafira celebrating his freedom from babysitting Vivio and co. Not counting the fact that Kaon and Noland are OCs from stories that I really need to bring myself to read, I can actually visualise the entire scene happening. Sucks to be Noland at the end of the story, though.

Ahem...

Given that it is less than ten days before it becomes summer here Down Under in Australia, just thought I'd post a little songfic parody based on a music video parody that aired as part of an Aussie sketch show some time ago. The video and the lyrics are somewhat NSFW (so view at your own risk), but I can totally see Vice (the perverted/shameless version as portrayed in the StrikerS Nanos) singing this, complete with a RF6 helicopter completely decked out in... Well, see for yourself.

So, without any further delay...

All Summer Long...

Genre: Parody
Characters: Vice (StrikerS Nano version) as the singer, any three female characters of your choice, and two other male characters of your choice.
Notes: If you're from the South, I would like to apologise if you feel insulted/offended by this.

Spoiler for "All Summer Long" - NSFW:
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 00:52   Link #19538
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I post the end of my deal with Satashi for the ViCia lemon! .... Finally!

Be warned, first person narrative is not my strongest point. So I apologize right now if this piece kind of jumps around or makes no sense, I wanted it to match Satashi's piece as best I could.

Spoiler for Emerald ViCia Buildup: Lutecia:
Guess I'll comment here...

*nods* wow... heh, nice look into Lutecia's mind-set there. Very nice. :3

Vivio: Hooray! RadiantBeam finally let me do it! Hooray!
Lutecia: SHHHH! no breaking the fourth wall or yelling so loud that your mothers hear it!
Vivio: ...Um... Whoops.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 00:54   Link #19539
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Vivio: Hooray! RadiantBeam finally let me do it! Hooray!
Lutecia: SHHHH! no breaking the fourth wall or yelling so loud that your mothers hear it!
Vivio: ...Um... Whoops.
No, see, technically my fanon Vivio isn't getting any since this fic is set in an AU setting compared to my current ViCia/Shadow series. So my Vivio is still a virgin despite her best efforts.
Old 2009-11-22, 00:58   Link #19540
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
No, see, technically my fanon Vivio isn't getting any since this fic is set in an AU setting compared to my current ViCia/Shadow series. So my Vivio is still a virgin despite her best efforts.
Vivio: WAAAH!! No fair!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha