AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-11-24, 21:19   Link #101
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Darker than Black 2nd season. I couldn't get past episode 4. I marathoned the 1st season recently and hated it.

It feels like I'm watching X-Men, which I hated as well. The series is just so shounen. The rules of the universe are just too abstract for my taste. There can be any number of contractors with an infinite possibilities of powers with infinite possibilities of prices for said powers.

The characters also don't do much for me. It just seems like a "safe." It's well animated, Madhouse can do animation, it's just bottom of the barrel content wise.

It's like "Transformers 2" when compared to Hollywood. Big budget, nice looking and all, but ultimately shallow and hollow content wise.
just would like you to know that it's not madhouse, and that it's actually bones that does the animation.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 23:32   Link #102
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
just would like you to know that it's not madhouse, and that it's actually bones that does the animation.
Really? The same studio that did Xam'd? Yeah, that would explain how their series tend to fizzle out.

Man, the end of Wolf's Rain was the most awful piece of crap.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 00:35   Link #103
Raiga
tl;dr

I don't usually like dropping shows, though I did recently drop Kampfer. Fun enough as a fanservice show, but I'm watching too many other shows and getting busy with college so... not something I'd really invest the time in, nor something that I'd really miss if I stopped watching. I'm considering also dropping Seitokai (for roughly the same reasons, and also because I'm pretty behind on it), but one of my friends likes the show and I found the first few eps entertaining enough, so I'll give it at least another episode before I make a decision.

Of the other four shows on my drop list, three just failed to keep my interest and one was a rather disappointing second season to a show I greatly enjoyed.
Old 2009-11-25, 15:54   Link #104
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Kampfer and Seitokai no Ichizon don't really change or develop enough to warrant staying with them if your initial impressions were less than stellar. I enjoy both, but the charm is starting to wear off.

I'm considering dropping Princess Resurrection (Kaibutsu Oujo). I've read a few volumes of the manga and three episodes of the anime; it remains rather unimpressive and forgettable despite having a fairly alluring lead female.
Old 2009-11-25, 17:09   Link #105
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Last drop : Sora no Otoshimono

Good art style but :

"Panties , panties , panties , panties , panties ..."

For kiddos sorry .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 17:53   Link #106
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

Kampfer, I just liked the manga version better.
Old 2009-11-25, 18:39   Link #107
Nosauz

was about to drop asura cryin... but after vol 13 spoilers came out, I'll be watching to the end, hoping for a somewhat good end.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 20:14   Link #108
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Toradora, maybe I'm just not into lolis.
Old 2009-11-25, 20:17   Link #109
LC
Shocking Pink

I dropped Bakemonogatari because...well, I didn't really like the fanservice + the characters and story weren't interesting to me. Does it get better after the Hitagi Crab arc? If so, I might give it another chance.
Old 2009-11-25, 20:41   Link #110
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
@Vampire: Woah...you're thinking too much about the loli factor, then.

@Flame_Haze: Yes, yes it does, but shows by Studio SHAFT aren't for everyone.
Old 2009-11-25, 20:42   Link #111
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
I dropped Bakemonogatari because...well, I didn't really like the fanservice + the characters and story weren't interesting to me. Does it get better after the Hitagi Crab arc? If so, I might give it another chance.
Your mileage may vary, but I did find myself bored with the Snail arc because of the repetitive backgrounds, after that I got used to it or just happened to like it, especially in episode 12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
@Vampire: Woah...you're thinking too much about the loli factor, then.
I have other reasons that I didn't list, one of them is that I find the two male protagonists boring.
Old 2009-11-25, 23:27   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
Toradora, maybe I'm just not into lolis.
Maybe you just confuse waifish figures with "loli"? (term abuse) Just hate to see anyone drop a relatively rich series for a superficial reason...
Old 2009-11-30, 11:09   Link #113
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I know I'm in the minority but I didn't really like Toradora that much. Taiga may be one of the better KugRie tsunderes (probably the best one actually), but I still found her quite a typical tsundere. I also found the last couple of episodes retarded especially in the 2nd last one where:

Spoiler for Toradora 2nd last ep:

Overall, I found it an above average high school romance/drama but is inferior in comparison to say Clannad (particularly second season), ef - tale of memories and True Tears. For me at least. I'll give it a 6.5/10 or a 7/10 at most.

Well at least it was miles better than Zero no Tsukaima. The second and third season of that was fail and Louise was a fail character.

Recently dropped The Sacred Blacksmith. Getting too fanservicey now...
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote