AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-03-07, 05:04   Link #1061
Aqua Knight

I blew it up to hell. Who knows, maybe in ME 3 the base would turn against humanity while it is being researched.

And what mission corresponds to united Quarian fleet?
Old 2011-03-07, 05:53   Link #1062
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Tali's loyalty mission. You can choose to sow discord if you're an asshole, or you can unite them (as good as possible) and tell them to prepare for the reapers.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 07:40   Link #1063
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Tali's loyalty mission. You can choose to sow discord if you're an asshole, or you can unite them (as good as possible) and tell them to prepare for the reapers.
The thing that really annoys me about this is that the npc who's aiming for this is the jerkass who treats you like crap. It pains me every time siding with him.

I saved the collector base too because I didn't feel like throwing away a perfectly good advantage vs the reapers. I have a feeling though that it will end up leading to something like Cerberus using it to subjugate the other races after all's said and done. Having played both sides in ME1, the renegade choice turned out pretty poorly for the most part and I see that happening again probably.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 08:09   Link #1064
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There's actually been one thing nagging on my mind since I first finished the game:

What do you guys think might be the most important single choice in the first and second game that would have the biggest impact in the finale?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 08:16   Link #1065
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I feel like there won't be one most important choice and what matters will be the sum of how many allies you've made, kind of like how loyalty worked in 2. Council races, Rachni, Krogan, Quarian, Geth, etc. I think if it does come down to most important though it'll be the collector base, the ramifications of that are pretty huge either way (and being the final decision of the game it's definitely gonna have an impact regardless).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 10:05   Link #1066
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Uh Mass Effect sold poorly in Japan in English, so a Japanese version is next to impossible.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 10:29   Link #1067
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
There's actually been one thing nagging on my mind since I first finished the game:

What do you guys think might be the most important single choice in the first and second game that would have the biggest impact in the finale?
ME1 is a tossup between killing the Ragni queen and saving the council. One one hand, saving the council results in a far more politically stable galaxy, while saving the Ragni gives you the support of an entire regrowing race powerful enough to give the Krogans pause.

ME2 is undoubtedly the collector base. Researching reaper technology is already what saved our rear ends to begin with considering that upgraded cannon of ours is based of reaper tech, so destroying that definitely leaves a rather huge dent there. Uniting the Quarians or doubling the Geth manpower pales in comparison.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 10:54   Link #1068
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I blew it to hell up on both my Paragon and Renegade characters, partly as a nice "up yours" to the illusive man and partly because I just like blowing stuff up

Although I figure a giant space station built from completely alien collector/reaper tech could potentially be a threat (indoctrination maybe?).

Last edited by Drake; 2011-03-07 at 22:03.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 21:41   Link #1069
David Watts
Stay Free

Send a message via MSN to David Watts
Yeah that's what I did I mean your goddamn shepard blowing shit up is what you do best..besides the illusive man is one of the most non threatening names you can go by
Old 2011-03-18, 11:10   Link #1070
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/18/ea-g...2-arrival-dlc/

Arrival DLC coming on the 29th of March. Will feature the return of Admiral Hackett.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 11:18   Link #1071
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

a female agent? yeeaaaa, welcome back Ash!
Old 2011-03-18, 11:20   Link #1072
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

I don't think it'll be Williams, actually.... Maybe a new character. Probably not a new Teammate since it seems like normal DLC.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 11:22   Link #1073
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recite View Post
I don't think it'll be Williams, actually.... Maybe a new character. Probably not a new Teammate since it seems like normal DLC.
no its gotta be ash. no reason to add a entirely new character. Liara got her DLC and not its Ash/kaden's turn.
Old 2011-03-18, 11:23   Link #1074
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
We've already seen screens of this female agent, she's not Ash. Besides, Ash can die.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 11:27   Link #1075
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

well thats just bull... guess they had to let liara back to stop the liara fans from QQing.

oh well, i didnt see any screens of the agent yet.
Old 2011-03-18, 15:36   Link #1076
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'll be far too busy with Crysis 2 to get back into ME. But it's good to know the DLC is coming soon.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 15:46   Link #1077
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Ashley and Kaidan were both so annoying I wish I could have killed BOTH of them in ME1.

I swear I never run with Ash/Kaidan or their ME2 stand-ins in either Mass Effect game.

The nonhumans are just so much more interesting... well, except for Zaeed. He's awesome. And Kasumi. Both the DLC ME2 party members are great.

Usual party ME1: Shepard, Garrus, Liara
Usual party ME2: Shepard, Garrus or Kasumi, some other person with abilities for whatever I'm doing (Zaeed or Legion for fighting robots, Samara if I need biotics, etc).
Old 2011-03-18, 15:54   Link #1078
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

you no pic tali!?!? You must die!
Old 2011-03-18, 15:57   Link #1079
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
you no pic tali!?!? You must die!
Tali stays in the kitchen, not in combat where the heat from a stray grenade will incapacitate her.

Cheers.
Old 2011-03-18, 16:01   Link #1080
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Yeah, unfortunately, Tali is not that useful in actual combat. Legion can do everything she can do, plus he has an assault rifle. Since he's recruited so late in the game, I usually use Zaeed and Squad Disruptor Ammo when taking on geth or mechs.

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2