AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-27, 19:45   Link #841
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Dumb bombs, not inertial guidance. Inertial guidance is a gyidance package in guided missiles like the HARM, AMRAAM and DAGR that keep them on the same heading they were foing when they lost their lock.

The front cone of the bomb is merely the fuze mechanism. JDAMs have special fin kits.

In the case of the B-52, it appears to have been dropping a payload of Mark 82 iron bombs, which have no guidance mechanisms at all. Hence the carpet bombing.

That said the sim was never to be about practicality - Lehm had Lutz with him and between the two of them they could have sniped Hex by themselves. Instead he's the guy calling in the airstrike. It's a fuck you signal to Hex and a warning to the CIA - do not fuck with Koko Hekmatyr.

That said, if R hadn't died I don't think thingsmcould have gone on. Even if Koko never told, the others woulda slowly cottonedmon, particularly Tojo. So it's probably for the best that he died fighting, and so has the respect of his peers.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 20:25   Link #842
SQA

If R survived, he would have vanished. Once his cover was blown, he would have had to gotten out. Bookman could have used him somewhere else. But, once Jonah started getting drowsy from the drugs, R's fate was pretty much sealed.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 20:35   Link #843
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1. I thought Bookman was too easily convinced by R.
Well, he'd had his doubts on Hex for a while. And while he sees Jonah as expendable, he wants Koko alive.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 10:03   Link #844
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Really liked the episode when Masayoshi Furukawa's Jormungand started playing. Also... R...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 21:31   Link #845
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Episode 16 (or s2ep4), it's a nice switch watching Kasper's team for once instead of just Koko's, and I'm glad that those kids have their 'happy ending'. The only 'disappointment' if you could call it that, is that there isn't any Lehm and Chequita's interaction! I've been dying to see them after that epic revelation bomb they've dropped on us last season
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 06:44   Link #846
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.4 perfect order
well give feel relax ep give more on kasper & johan at least johan is relax the orphan kids are living a normal life.

kasper well give his crew give feast & toast in tribute to R & now also seem working on operation give have Chiquita with crew silent attack hit.

cause now seem kasper & koko being watched by Japanese Ministry of Defense's secret SR unit cause kasper need talk one of koko's crew about them.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 12:15   Link #847
ookamigirl

Seeing things from Koko's brother's perspective.
Koko on a war path... that's totally gonna happen.
The whole thing with R is getting to her.
Lots of flashbacks in this episode, mostly Jonathan's.
It's a rare thing to see Koko working together with Kasper.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-31, 15:25   Link #848
Belial13

i can sort of understand when shounen with 100+ episodes have flashbacks... but come on half the episode was a flashback and this was episode 16...
Belial13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 11:12   Link #849
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Ahahahahahaha satay, curry mee, and ABC? Hell yeah.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-02, 01:43   Link #850
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial13 View Post
i can sort of understand when shounen with 100+ episodes have flashbacks... but come on half the episode was a flashback and this was episode 16...
While I hate flashbacks, I suspect the production team's perspective isn't that it's episode 16, but that this is a second season (after a break), and they wanted to bring new viewers up to speed who may not have seen the first season. I suppose that's a good thing, as it would hint that it may be increasing in popularity.

Though, I still hate unnecessary flashbacks, and for any season one viewer, these were definitely unnecessary.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 03:27   Link #851
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Ahahahahahaha satay, curry mee, and ABC? Hell yeah.
Wait what? HOW DID I MISS THIS!? I must backtrack to the episode later and see!

Old 2012-11-02, 09:22   Link #852
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
Wait what? HOW DID I MISS THIS!? I must backtrack to the episode later and see!
When it's raining cats and dogs and Kaspar treats his team to lunch at this small retaurant. Chiquita and the guys go for satay, curry mee (well, that's what the subs say, I suspect it's more properly Mee Bandung or Mee Jawa) and fried rice.

Kaspar goes for a tomato cheeseburger and what is said to be shaved ice, which to us Malaysians is called ABC - Air Batu Campur. (literally, Mixed Stone Water, or more properly, Mixed Ice. The pitfalls of a too-literal translation. )

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-02, 09:41   Link #853
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Patronizing HCLI always has fatal consequences in the end....jeez, just get a new supplier already...
Old 2012-11-02, 12:25   Link #854
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
When it's raining cats and dogs and Kaspar treats his team to lunch at this small retaurant. Chiquita and the guys go for satay, curry mee (well, that's what the subs say, I suspect it's more properly Mee Bandung or Mee Jawa) and fried rice.

Kaspar goes for a tomato cheeseburger and what is said to be shaved ice, which to us Malaysians is called ABC - Air Batu Campur. (literally, Mixed Stone Water, or more properly, Mixed Ice. The pitfalls of a too-literal translation. )
We have an English term for ABC: it's shaved ice. Our style, of course.

Though it might be familiar to us (hello there fellow Malaysian), I can't help but think they're actually in Indonesia or something. Having a shop using terms like "Toko Pakaian" (Clothing Store) makes me think as such. ... Actually, nevermind, I saw that three-wheeled scooter, which is not a native vehicle on our roads it seems, so yeah....

They also have a restaurant specializing in Gulai (a dish cooked with a combination of coconut milk and saffron powder for those uninitiated) dishes across the street! And Durian is way too overrated famous to not see a mention.

Just to share some screenshots:

Spoiler for size perhaps:

Spoiler for size again:

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2012-11-02 at 12:35.
Old 2012-11-02, 12:27   Link #855
klare

i did not trust Kasper too, was a bit surprise those kids are living good life

after this built-up episode, next one can expect actions
Old 2012-11-02, 12:52   Link #856
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What would he gain by lying to Jonah?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 20:08   Link #857
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
We have an English term for ABC: it's shaved ice. Our style, of course.

Though it might be familiar to us (hello there fellow Malaysian), I can't help but think they're actually in Indonesia or something. Having a shop using terms like "Toko Pakaian" (Clothing Store) makes me think as such. ... Actually, nevermind, I saw that three-wheeled scooter, which is not a native vehicle on our roads it seems, so yeah....

They also have a restaurant specializing in Gulai (a dish cooked with a combination of coconut milk and saffron powder for those uninitiated) dishes across the street! And Durian is way too overrated famous to not see a mention.

Just to share some screenshots:

Yeah, they're in Indonesia, the menu already made it obvious. But well, we are quite similar, so I hope that thought counts

Also, seems that every single item in the menu is priced at 2000 rupiah [/SPOILER]
There's also that caption at the start, in Japanese,, that states they're in Jakarta.

Also, 2000 rupiah for everything? I WANT XD. That's like RM1 for the whole menu!

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-02, 20:12   Link #858
Sumeragi
Banned

Isn't it 20000 rupiah?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 20:57   Link #859
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm exaggerating .

Also, Chiquita's skull mask was pretty awesome. And I suspect that Tojo's old boss has something up his sleeve - he has to know that sending SR against HCLI is suicide... Or maybe he's overconfident the way Hex was. But he seems on the ball...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-02, 21:56   Link #860
dfens

Belial13 the reason because most of the show was flashbacks and they even showed the part where Kaspers team kill the generals son which was not shown in the manga, is they need filler to cover the content of the remaining volumes for a 12 episode season.

Meaning the first season covers the first 6 volumes and season 2 only has 5 volumes of content to work with. So they needed to find ways to fill in for 2 less episodes and make it a total of 12 for the season.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gunfights, seinen