Old 2012-12-12, 21:23   Link #21
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Complete scan
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Demonbane

Demonbane

DEMONBANE

It can't be said enough. MUST GET A JP 3DS.

Quote:
Sprites comparison of L, UX, dan Z2
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Clearly UX is a good shot better than L, and disc has pretty much always been known to be a better medium for higher-level graphics than cartridges. Otherwise Nintendo's consoles would still be using cartridges too.
Old 2012-12-12, 22:29   Link #22
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Clearly UX is a good shot better than L, and disc has pretty much always been known to be a better medium for higher-level graphics than cartridges. Otherwise Nintendo's consoles would still be using cartridges too.
I thought 3ds cartidge has higher storage than the PSP? For what the 3ds is capable the graphic should be better, but this style still has its own charm.

Lot of people seem to be excited for Demonbane, I did liked the anime but I didn't expect this much love.

And I was thinking of getting 3ds this winter for Black 2, but I believe 3ds is region locked, yes?
Old 2012-12-13, 01:08   Link #23
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I thought 3ds cartidge has higher storage than the PSP? For what the 3ds is capable the graphic should be better, but this style still has its own charm.
Well I don't have a 3DS so I wouldn't know about that particular system, but ever since discs have made their way into gaming systems they've pretty much always been superior to cartridges of the same generation of gaming platforms, which is why Nintendo switched to disc for their consoles. The pictures do show a significant improvement between SRW L for the NDS and UX for the 3DS though.

Quote:
Lot of people seem to be excited for Demonbane, I did liked the anime but I didn't expect this much love.
I'd guess that the other guys who love Demonbane getting into SRW are those who played it's original Visual Novel on a JP PS2 or maybe even played the original original on PC. The anime was good, but as is almost always the case unfortunately it wasn't as good as its original counterpart. (which is awesome ) So the hype is probably mostly coming from the fandom for the original VN, like for me.

And judicious amounts of Norio Wakamoto bad guy-ness are always welcome too.

Quote:
And I was thinking of getting 3ds this winter for Black 2, but I believe 3ds is region locked, yes?
So says the word. But I've found that I never really like US-only Nintendo games anyway, so it's not a problem for me at least.
Old 2012-12-13, 01:32   Link #24
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Am I the only one who's most surprised at HEROMAN getting into SRW? Demonbane, as awesome as it is, was an expected entry since it's a "proper" mecha series.

Also, Hatsune Miku. WTF

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 01:38   Link #25
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Hate the anime. Hate it too much that I can't really describing my hate.
But most of my hate comes from playing the VN prior.
Old 2012-12-13, 01:40   Link #26
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Am I the only one who's most surprised at HEROMAN getting into SRW? Demonbane, as awesome as it is, was an expected entry since it's a "proper" mecha series.

Also, Hatsune Fei. WTF
Fixed for you for greater justice...
Old 2012-12-13, 03:21   Link #27
Nayim

Do you think some series from this game will debut in SRW Z3?

I swear Banpresto use this strategy tactic for sake experiment roster choice just like what they did ACE 3 and ACE R (Overman King Gainer, Eureka Seven, Wing of Rean) and SRW L (Macross Frontier & Dancouga Nova) into Z series.

Speaking about Heroman, I highly doubt who know what happen if Diebuster & Tetsujin 28 will meet Heroman in Z3 according to 2ch "wild guess" theory.

Overall, the lineup is decent but weird as the same time.
Old 2012-12-13, 06:00   Link #28
Destined_Fate

Seems they're tired of using Destiny but added it in anyway. It's not even on the cover despite there being plenty of room to put it there.

As for some of them getting in Z3... Mazinkaiser SKL and 00 Movie(Who am I kidding, they foreshadowed 00 Movie in z2.2) has the highest chance. However far off series like Heroman, Virtual On, Three Kingdoms, and the such of no chance of getting into Z3 at all. Sorta like how the more far out there series in the DS SRW games never made it to consoles or Z2.1 or z2.2.

Do note that the 3DS stuff will look less pixelated on the 3DS screen. This also Banpresto's first time making a SRW for 3DS so they're still shaking their DS era stuff off and learning new techniques to better utilize the strengths and weaknesses of the 3DS. There is only so much they can do, after all, and they're years off before the 3DS SRW games will compare to the Z engine that was ported to the PSP for z2 saga.

Makes you wonder where Z3 will land, huh? PSP, PS3, or a risk with the PSVita.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-12-13 at 06:14.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 07:37   Link #29
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Too bad my 3DS is region locked
Anyway Demonbane , Miku? , Battlewar , 00 movie , Heroman , Mazinger SKL wow need it..
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 07:44   Link #30
Destined_Fate

Yeah the region lock is bad and still hate Nintendo for that.

Not surprising, with the DS they were able to experiment more due to cheaper production costs. Since this just looks like an improved SRW L it seems that they aren't really spending too much to make this in comparison to 2ndOGs and z2.2.
Old 2012-12-13, 19:11   Link #31
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

I'd guess that the other guys who love Demonbane getting into SRW are those who played it's original Visual Novel on a JP PS2 or maybe even played the original original on PC. The anime was good, but as is almost always the case unfortunately it wasn't as good as its original counterpart. (which is awesome ) So the hype is probably mostly coming from the fandom for the original VN, like for me.

And judicious amounts of Norio Wakamoto bad guy-ness are always welcome too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Hate the anime. Hate it too much that I can't really describing my hate.
But most of my hate comes from playing the VN prior.
From what you guys are saying I should try the VN.
Old 2012-12-13, 21:42   Link #32
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

^PSP still looks better and Miku is in the game???!!!
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 22:16   Link #33
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
From what you guys are saying I should try the VN.
Absolutely.

If you can find it. It's not exactly a recent release....... I got mine from Play-Asia.com, but that was like a decade ago.

They actually have a US port for Demonbane recently released, available at Play-Asia right now for a good price. ($35) However it's a port of the PC-Version, which was......an eroge. So be warned. (I checked and it looks like Play-Asia doesn't carry the non-ero-fied PS2 version anymore )
Old 2012-12-14, 01:22   Link #34
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Heroman, so nostalgic...
Joey-kyun...
Though I don't have interest in buying this game, just not my type.

And yes, let's all import JP 3DS! It doesn't cost as much as the original price of the 3DS and there are so many games you can play on it that might never come out in America. Culdcept, for example!
Sure it costs about 30 extra dollars to buy/import games though!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 06:52   Link #35
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
^PSP still looks better and Miku is in the game???!!!
Why are you surprised over this? The PSP isn't as weak as some are lead to believe and it'll take years before Banpresto can get used to the 3DS and make any SRW games on the 3DS as high quality as the z2 saga on the PSP. You must also consider that z2 is a modified z1 engine(That was in the PS2) made to work on the PSP while Banpresto is using a modified L engine(DS) for the 3DS. Sorta like how Banpresto relied heavily on the J engine(GBA) when they released W their first DS SRW game.
Old 2012-12-16, 19:47   Link #36
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

YYYEAAAAAA~
Old 2012-12-17, 02:21   Link #37
Destined_Fate

Very expensive... And didn't they sell out already?
Old 2012-12-17, 20:53   Link #38
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

It's a set of themed 3ds and the game. That price is quite normal TBH, the Fire emblem set is more exensive than that IIRC
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 04:16   Link #39
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

SD Gundam amongst standard MS in SD form...... Mind blown and I never saw this coming. But I knew SKL was eventual (Might open the void for Getter Hien:The Earth Suicide , I still want to see AGE,Vifam,MLA,Blue Gender & Gasaraki in one ., I know Shining Heresy is probably gonna happen in Z3.
Old 2012-12-24, 05:36   Link #40
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonar Fan View Post
I know Shining Heresy is probably gonna happen in Z3.
Speaking of which, I've heard everybody saying "I hope we see this/this'll definitely make it into Z3," but has Z3 itself actually been confirmed at all, or is everybody assuming it's coming? Because I thought everything was wrappe up and Asakim was sealed away at the end of Z2.2?