2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-11-30, 16:03   Link #81
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Well, that's why Kizu- is important in understanding the characters' development. It is very easy otherwise for viewers to misinterpret the subsequent novels that are (and were) animated.
As far as Kizu holds the premise where he is starting to befriend Hanekawa, meeting Shinobu and Oshino, it really does not hold any difference to Bake material. Bake has introduced to us Araragi's premise where he is initially a guy with no friends besides Hanekawa until he met Gahara, Hachikuji, Sengoku, and every other cast members.
Being said, Hachikuji is his first friend that actually makes him feel lively.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 00:50   Link #82
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyaNakagawa View Post
As far as Kizu holds the premise where he is starting to befriend Hanekawa, meeting Shinobu and Oshino, it really does not hold any difference to Bake material. Bake has introduced to us Araragi's premise where he is initially a guy with no friends besides Hanekawa until he met Gahara, Hachikuji, Sengoku, and every other cast members.
Still what I am saying is that without getting a glimpse of Koyomi's mentality before he started relying on his "harem of friends" it's easy to misinterpret his behavior.

Quote:
Being said, Hachikuji is his first friend that actually makes him feel lively.
Chronologically speaking Tsubasa was, but mid-way in Kizu- that changed.
Old 2013-12-01, 01:01   Link #83
shinyaNakagawa
Lifeless shut-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Chronologically speaking Tsubasa was, but mid-way in Kizu- that changed.
Araragi never put on his happy and lively tone when he was talking to Cat (iirc, chronologically speaking too) because in a way, he respects her, so he put reserve-mode whenever he hangs around with Cat.
On the other hand, he let out his all towards Snail because he feel happy talking with her.

I don't know if I explained this well enough or not, if it doesn't, don't mind me.
shinyaNakagawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 03:50   Link #84
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Araragi never put on his happy and lively tone when he was talking to Cat (iirc, chronologically speaking too) because in a way, he respects her, so he put reserve-mode whenever he hangs around with Cat.
On the other hand, he let out his all towards Snail because he feel happy talking with her.
To my understanding, Koyomi had an increasingly hard time resisting viewing Tsubasa sexually, and that too "ruined" both their friendship and romantic prospects. On the other hand, that is not the case with Mayoi, his sisters, Nadeko, and Ononoki, who are just children to him and the only time he viewed them differently was during the infamous toothbrushing chapter, which made him feel very awkward, and I guess that's why it ended then and there. Hitagi is for all practical purposes asexual, which helps a lot her affair with Koyomi, and is also the reason prostitution is not such a big deal (to their relationship and from her perspective).
Old 2013-12-01, 05:43   Link #85
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:

I don't know if I explained this well enough or not, if it doesn't, don't mind me.
Well, the thing with Koyomi is that he is still dealing with his interpersonal relationships with people. You're right that he puts up a wall with her out of admiration/respect(Hanekawa talks about this in the commentary for Mayoi Snail when she was talking with Mayoi) but he also is changing as the series moves forward. All the girls have different roles and importance in his life, but this changes too.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote