AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Negima Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 15 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 30.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-09, 18:21   Link #21
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh oh oh! definatly the best ep soo far
everything was balanced out well...humor, amazing fight scenes, randomness (in a good way), touchy sad scenes and yet again a kiss thats out of this world
setsuna lived up more than my expectations...totally love and she kicks some ass! forward to the next arc with satisfaction ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-09, 19:00   Link #22
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
I'll reserve judgment on this episode for now, though my initial impulse is to put it at a 9... I wanna wait and see it subbed. For all I know, the dialogue could be horrible, but I'm more optimistic about it than I sound.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Azure22; 2006-11-09 at 19:01. Reason: I'm a typo stickler. ^^ Jsut vs. just...
Old 2006-11-10, 13:11   Link #23
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

When it comes to Shinbo being tied down to Negima for multiple seasons, keep in mind that he also directed the first season of Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, a show that is about to start its third season next year. Yet, when it came to A's and Strikers, Shinbo wasn't involved in those seasons.

Quote:
I sincerely hope that to be the case (fingers crossed) (basic 4 but I'd be surprised if Yue didn't tag in as well).
I definitely agree that if Negi does makes another Pactio outside of the basic 4, Yue will be one of them (especially given the time period that the new series was first announced). However, I'd also add Ku Fei to the list as well, given how her role became more prominemt after the Kyoto arc and the fact that the Pactio system is different this time around.
Old 2006-11-10, 14:18   Link #24
Child_of_Sierra

What are those things that konoka uses? First time I've seen such weapons... (I'm guesing that the fans would be in her cosplay card then...)

As for the pokemon route I think it won't be so bad IF there is a long time period between each pactio. (ala ep 3 to 4 transition wherein nodoka became ministra a year after asuna) The next arc can simply happen a month or two after ep6's events and it would be believable that negi makes a new pactio again.
Old 2006-11-12, 05:13   Link #25
Eleutheria
旅行癖

The Freedom Gundam Setsuna parody cinched the episode for me >.> I definitely laughed out loud.
Old 2006-11-12, 14:44   Link #26
Cai Calamigarde
Memento mori...

it is definitely nice,
but i think i expect somthing funnier than this
less fanservice x less act
but what if i want them both

Setsuna has nothing to do with this... Best, definitely lmm
Old 2006-11-12, 15:23   Link #27
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

i'm a bit disappointed how SHAFT is going with the "partner" plot.
it's true the scenario is a fresh breath, but some parts of the original story are really missing, especially for Asuna, Konoka and Setsuna

Spoiler for MAJOR, don't read it until you have read at least the 5-6th volume:

the retold story is nice, but we are losing some depth of character relationship/background, i'm afraid :/

i'm aware this should definitavely be separated from the original story, but it's really too bad it doesn't keep some important origins for the main characters (especially that SHAFT could do this)

well... too much nitpicking ~~ (a big 8 for this episode anyway ^^ )

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-11-12 at 15:35.
Old 2006-11-12, 18:50   Link #28
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
i'm a bit disappointed how SHAFT is going with the "partner" plot.
it's true the scenario is a fresh breath, but some parts of the original story are really missing, especially for Asuna, Konoka and Setsuna

Spoiler for MAJOR, don't read it until you have read at least the 5-6th volume:
About Asuna, though, in the spring OVA, didn't she activate her own pactio and invoke her fan? I've been assuming that was a screw up, but maybe it's a hint that they'll be able to invoke their own pactio's later? We can hope, anyways.
Old 2006-11-13, 10:42   Link #29
Child_of_Sierra

The OVA's go with the original Negima! storyline so the pactio system seen in them corresponds with the manga by Ken Akamatsu, thus Asuna can invoke her fan.

It can not possibly be a hint since the OVA's are from the NEGIMA! continuity while the TV series is from NEGIMA!? which has introduced different rules about the partner systems.

I do hope that Negi learns later on that it's not a good idea to activate all his ministra at once cause in the best case scenario: ARMOR card all, they lose powers at the same time, while at the worst: SUKA card all, leaves them vulnerable.
Old 2006-11-13, 13:55   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

the weird part of the OVA, supposed to follow the original story, is in fact the fan : Asuna summons in a rush, Hama no Tsurugi [ENSIS EXORCIZANS] in its real form, the burster blade, while in this, it's the fan only.
(in fact, this is the very first time she could summon it its true form. later on, she could do this under an intense emotion at the tournament, THEN with kanka, she can summon the burster sword at will instead of the fan.)

but meh... this is probably the original story with several mix of ! and !? features altogether.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-11-13 at 14:35.
Old 2006-11-23, 09:05   Link #31
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
That was by far the most awesome episode I have ever seen. Excellent stuff!

Setsuna gets more awesome points from me along with the yuri undertones!
Old 2006-11-23, 09:41   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Okay.. i'll admit that episode bloody brilliant. The Shinbo effect really is working wonders with Negima - right down to the awesome battles. I am in-need of a god damn OST release. ;_;
Old 2006-11-23, 09:58   Link #33
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

subbed is out

u can get from here

http://baka-updates.com/releases.php
Old 2006-11-23, 13:09   Link #34
Jerseykid

I was enjoying this anime and then suddenly it was kicked into overdrive. The card action is really good stuff.
Old 2006-11-23, 15:35   Link #35
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well since this was a double release ill comment on 5 here as well.

Both where pretty amazing with 5 being better to me for the pure insanity and most importantly chiu screentime (Yes like negi I too...am a chiu fan... )

Im still on the fence on how the contracts are working and such. Until I see just how many they plan to do ill reserve judgement on that heh. But overall thus far the new series has struck a sort of insanely paced balance between action and humor wrapped in some stunning animation.

I really hope this gets picked up for R1 release soon.
Old 2006-11-23, 17:42   Link #36
krusher

does that girl always playing with guns ever do anything in this series?
Old 2006-11-23, 19:32   Link #37
frad113

Send a message via AIM to frad113
Mesousa anybody?

Old 2006-11-24, 02:00   Link #38
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by krusher View Post
does that girl always playing with guns ever do anything in this series?
Since the series hasn't finished airing that question can't be answered yet unless someone has a future-cam.

Her name is Mana Tatsumiya, she's plays a significant role in the manga (as heavy duty fire support and such) but she's rather secretive. It isn't until the later volumes you start to get her backstory.

The only problem I've had with her in this interpretation of Negima!? is that Mana does not normally spend her time cleaning or even displaying her weaponry. Most of the cast thinks she's just a shrine maiden (her public day job).
Old 2006-11-24, 12:31   Link #39
ImClueless
Rawr

I personally liked the ED since they added a chibi tambourine playing Konoka this time to join the chibi fan/sign? waving Asuna.
Old 2006-11-24, 13:04   Link #40
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

At this rate Negi will have a pact with all the girls in the class!

This episode had great fight scenes.Secchan rawks!
Closed Thread