AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-04, 14:40   Link #141
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 14:48   Link #142
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
We all know its gonna have original ending =p
I even doubt the anime gonna stay faithful to the manga after 4 eps or so.
Well 4 episodes is when Bones meandering increasingly disjointed plotline time typically starts up and tends to continue until about 3 episodes to the finish line when you get the incredibly hasty wrap up. If the show has progressed in narrative at all by the halfway point and still makes any sense whatsoever (meaning you can summarize what happened in an episode without having to guess almost everything) past the 3/4 line it'll be a miracle the way they are these days.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:03   Link #143
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Wow, that was a great first episode. I really wish I didn't read the manga, because that's the only thing holding me back from falling totally in love with the show. I really liked how Ando handled the introductions and how the episode of paced. Great detail on the clothing too, both in the designs and the actual animation.

I really hope they can keep up this sort of quality for most of the series. It's really pleasing to watch the visuals, the color design is great, and the music is awesome. I think the voice cast is doing a great job too. They make the contrived script pretty... believable.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:29   Link #144
Mercurius.H
King of Hg

Shirodaira's lucky this year. He's novel won this year's Honkaku Mistery Grand Prize, and his manga gets animated.

I hoped Zetsuen doesnt get screwed like what JCStaff did to Spiral. Now this pilot episode turns out to be pretty decent.

I have discovered a truly remarkable signature which this margin is too small to contain.
Mercurius.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:41   Link #145
SQA

Spiral the anime was pretty good, but, to my knowledge, went quite differently from the manga. The major problem with the Anime was the singer for the OP. Let's just say that voice is burned into my memory for all the wrong reasons.

Last edited by SQA; 2012-10-04 at 15:56.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 15:50   Link #146
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That was quite enjoyable, even if was a little fast to take it all in. I'm not sure how I feel about the dissonance I got from the characters caring so little about everyone dead from the Black Iron Syndrome nor the small and random moments of comedy and fanservice which didn't really fit in the overall "doomsday" like tone of the show though.

And some of the dialogue was a bit weird. "My sister's death makes no sense and magic makes no sense so I'll use one to solve the other!". That makes no sense...

Last edited by Haak; 2012-10-04 at 16:01.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 16:12   Link #147
Kmos

Haven't read original material, watched first epi. The episode leaves a very good first impression on me, I'm highly intrigued by this.
Kmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 16:15   Link #148
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
Spiral the anime was pretty good, but, to my knowledge, went quite differently from the manga. The major problem with the Anime was the singer for the OP. Let's just say that voice is burned into my memory for all the wrong reasons.
Spiral the anime followed the manga for a while then decided to go its own way which wouldn't have been a problem except it just... ended. With no resolution whatsoever.
Spoiler for last ep of Spiral:
Sure, the manga was pretty much unfinished at that point, but come on, really.

I don't quite know what to expect from Zetsuen no tempest, but as much as I like Bones, given my experience with Okada Mari's works (the latest being... *points at avatar*) I'm trying to keep my excitement level low. ;; I hope I can watch the first ep soon...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 16:49   Link #149
miketyson

Oh hello kuromitsu, I have to say if there's ever source material I think Okada's especially suited for this might, *might*, be the right match (for once). But only maybe. It's a good first episode but this feels like a show better to take in in large chunks so I don't know that I'll follow it weekly.

It's also a show it'd be easy for manga readers to ruin so probably best if I lay low.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 17:08   Link #150
Kazu-kun

Watched episode 1. It was mildly interesting but it has potential. Too bad I can't get exited after reading the manga, which didn't leave me a good impression, to say the least.

I'll keep watching a few more episodes hoping Okada goes crazy on this and ditches the manga all together. This is one of those cases when an original direction might turn up to be the right move.
Old 2012-10-04, 17:24   Link #151
Dop
Mmmm....

OK, that really grabbed me a lot more than I had been expecting.
Definitely an intriguing start.

On top of which, OH MY GOD I NEED THAT SOUNDTRACK!!!!!

Sorry, I was having Violingasms throughout.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 17:41   Link #152
kuromitsu

Oh hi, miketyson!

I finally watched the 1st ep, and I quite liked it, it started slowly but picked up toward the end. It definitely has potential, and since I haven't read the manga (and probably won't for a while, I have no time :/ ) it's all fresh and new for me...

I especially liked the visuals, there was some pretty nice animation there. I don't quite know what to make of the characters yet, especially the main guy... then again, I suppose it makes him intriguing? As for the music, though, I think I'll be the only one here going "nooo please stooop!" Or at least tone it down a little so it doesn't overpower the dialogue and the animation... Sigh, another overwrought soundtrack by Ooshima Michiru.

The whole thing has a nice, epic overtone, I hope the show will be able to fulfill its potential (whatever it may be). I mean, when you keep quoting one of the best lines from Hamlet you really have to live up to it.
Old 2012-10-04, 17:46   Link #153
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
As someone who hasn't read the manga this was a pretty good episode. Not sure how often I can say that I like both of the main guys at this point. One that's gone this far to avenge the death of his sister and the other who was living in the aftermath. Completely had me regarding the girlfriend thing. I thought it was pretty nuts that a guy like that after everything that happened would actually be seeing someone who wasn't showing up in the episode.

I guess the fact that Mahiro asked about Yoshino's girlfriend means he didn't know that Yoshino and Aika were seeing each other. Though I suppose after she died it wasn't a good time to bring that up.

There's a lot I have no idea about, but this episode got my attention and that's never a bad thing.
Old 2012-10-04, 17:57   Link #154
HandofFate

The sudden timejumps was really frantic.

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2012-10-04, 18:13   Link #155
miketyson

kuromitsu: you're not alone on the music, and I actually had to pause the show about a minute or so in to stop chuckling. I actually liked the episode, mind you, but it took a bit to settle into a mindset where I could take in something going that "epic".
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 18:17   Link #156
Arya

Well, since I didn't even know what the show was about, I have to say that this first episode did leave me a good impression. Liked the pace, the animation, the colors and the overall tone, the music did a great job. I'll keep watching it for now.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 18:38   Link #157
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
kuromitsu: you're not alone on the music, and I actually had to pause the show about a minute or so in to stop chuckling. I actually liked the episode, mind you, but it took a bit to settle into a mindset where I could take in something going that "epic".
Good to know I'm not the only one. I actually tried to be strong and just ignore the damn thing, but by the time I got to the graveyard scene and then Mahiro's little exposition my eyes were rolling so hard they were about to fall out of their sockets... The ED came almost as a salvation.

(The last time I've heard Ooshima's music was in the taiga drama Tenchijin, and it was every bit as overwrought and bombastic and cheesy as in this show... and perhaps even worse because they kept repeating the same "epic" piece in every emotional scene, of which, being a taiga drama, there was a lot.)
Old 2012-10-04, 21:37   Link #158
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That 1st episode was certainly different.

Very edgy, but also very beautiful in a way. It does do a good job of feeling epic too, thanks in large part to the music and the overall artistic design.

This might be the surprise of the season for me, as this show wasn't initially even on my radar - It was just a rave Episode 1 review on an anime blog I sometimes frequent that even drew me to it. I can definitely see why this episode 1 received that rave review!
Old 2012-10-04, 22:23   Link #159
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Really enjoyed the first ep. The sudden time skips got me confused a little in the beginning though.
Old 2012-10-04, 22:46   Link #160
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Aika's face! What have they done to Aika's face!?

Mahiro's voice is a lot less stable than I anticipated, even more so than Hakaze. But not to the point it'll pose a problem.

Though, didn't expect the music to be this much of a Shakespearean overload....
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen