AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-20, 13:56   Link #61
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Hey guys,
So I think this whole debate of whether or not Rika will die is pretty interesting. I mean, of course it's sad if she dies, but that's kinda the whole point right? Anyway, I started a poll over at my forum to see what people think should happen.

My apologies if this is inappropriate, but I didn't think I could just start a random poll in the middle of this thread right? There's no Hantsuki discussion forum yet, And I dunno how appropriate it would be to post a new poll in the General Anime section. Please let me know if there's a better way for me to post a poll.

Anyway, vote if you want to.

Personally, I think Rika should die, because if she lived, it would kind of be a cop-out to me. Someone also commented that Yuuichi should die and Rika should get his heart. That would be a pretty cool twist!
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 14:20   Link #62
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by froinlaven
Hey guys,
So I think this whole debate of whether or not Rika will die is pretty interesting. I mean, of course it's sad if she dies, but that's kinda the whole point right? Anyway, I started a poll over at my forum to see what people think should happen.

My apologies if this is inappropriate, but I didn't think I could just start a random poll in the middle of this thread right? There's no Hantsuki discussion forum yet, And I dunno how appropriate it would be to post a new poll in the General Anime section. Please let me know if there's a better way for me to post a poll.

Anyway, vote if you want to.

Personally, I think Rika should die, because if she lived, it would kind of be a cop-out to me. Someone also commented that Yuuichi should die and Rika should get his heart. That would be a pretty cool twist!
EDIT: I think I'll refine my prediction a little.

With Rika's operation around the corner, Yuuichi planned a mock wedding with rika. Everyone that Yuuichi and Rika knew attended the mock wedding, which is what you get on the ED. Everything went smoothly, Rika although disappointed that it's just a mock wedding, she's very happy. Yuuichi then promised that after her operation they get married for real.

However on the day of Rika's operation something went horribly wrong. Doctors, nurses and Akikio struggled to save Rika while Rika did her best to stay alive. After hours of waiting the operation was over, Akiko brings bad news, Yuuichi devastated. Akiko explained that Rika had fought the hardest she could for him. Yuuichi let out a sorrow cry, Akiko gave him a hug of comfort.

Yuuichi tried to end his life to join her (wrist slitting, rooftop jump, pill overdose, take your pick ), but was stopped by a voice, Rika! The usual 'keep living on, for my sake', 'you'll find someone better', 'I'll always be with you forever, in your memory and heart' etc lecture given by Rika before she spirited away.

One day Yuuichi had a dream of him in the church, with Akiko and others. A bride enters, reveal herself as Rika, they both exchange their vows and rings and finally a kiss. Back to reality, Yuuichi never woke up ever since. The credits role.

Epilogue, a few years later a girl was hospitalized for some minor sickness and stumble into Yuuichi's ward out of boredom. Yuuichi after all these years finally woke up, and found himself looking at a girl with who was a spltting image of Rika. A new beginning.

Of course that's my wishful thinking.

Last edited by Flo; 2006-01-20 at 15:02.
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 14:24   Link #63
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
Rika dies, Yuuichi devastated. One day he fell into a deep sleep and since then never woke up.

Probably this won't happen, but a few years later a girl was hospitalized for some minor sickness and stumble into Yuuichi's ward out of boredom. Yuuichi after all these years finally woke up, and found himself looking at a with who is a spltting image of Rika.

Gosh, you guys sure come up with good theories.

Yours isn't unheard of, but definitely an interesting twist to the ending...though the ED of the anime would be sorta misleading then.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 14:24   Link #64
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
Rika dies, Yuuichi devastated. One day he fell into a deep sleep and since then never woke up.

Probably this won't happen, but a few years later a girl was hospitalized for some minor sickness and stumble into Yuuichi's ward out of boredom. Yuuichi after all these years finally woke up, and found himself looking at a with who is a spltting image of Rika.

Hey, that kinda sounds like a backwards Kanon to me...
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 17:22   Link #65
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I see the resemblance between Rika and Shana - somewhat, anyway - but does anyone else think the night nurse from hell bears a striking resemblance to Haruka from FLCL? Especially when she gets that evil sneer on her face...

Pretty good first ep, all in all. Certainly good enough to keep me watching.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 18:35   Link #66
Midnyt
Endorsed by Nodoka!~

Send a message via MSN to Midnyt
It was an odd string of events that lead to me watching this show. First I caught the title on the A-suki front page and for some reason I had an attarction to it, though I decided against it. A few days later on another forum I frequent, one of the mods was labelling the shows they were watching from this season, of which this was one of them. They stated that this show would be loved by people who have 'played' Narcissu and liked it, and even provided a link to the Visual Novel(which is competely legal and free to download). I, being the curious type, downloaded 'Narcissu' and played it to its completion, and I was not disappointed.

After that, I decided to go back and download Hantsuki like I had intended to those days before. After watching it, I find myself able to echo that person's statement completely. "If you liked Narcissu, you will LOVE Hanbun no Tsuki Noboru Sora". The themes portrayed in both are very similar, as are the initial settings.
Midnyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 19:24   Link #67
Yakult

I have to say, this show saved anime for me. I was thinking that Karin was pretty good until they introduced the worst characther ever and how most anime these days tend to be based on H-Games or practically end up the same as the rest.

Spoiler:

Oh yeah! Did I mention...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Yakult; 2006-01-20 at 21:11.
Yakult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-21, 04:19   Link #68
Tiberium Wolf

Can anyone use their raw of ep 1 to make an animated avatar from the op where you see Rika crying and the hair waving because of the wind? The subbed version is no good! The avatar must be forum compliant.
Old 2006-01-21, 07:48   Link #69
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I wasn't expecting much when first time heard about this 6 episodes long series. So I watched it out of curiosity and it turned out much better than I tought it would be. Reminded me of the short dramas in Kitahe. The first episode has a good pace and the story is interesting. The main character Yuichi and Rika looks kinda young and awkward, but look very cute together. ^^

Looking forward for the next episode.
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 13:07   Link #70
Ilpalazzo-sama

That picture at the very end is simply for confusion's sake. I mean, If that would have not been there, I bet 99% percent of the ppl would say after watching ep1 (or even sooner) without a heartbeat that It'll have that tear-jearking, sad ending when the girl dies. "But hey, there is a photo that says something else? Now what's going on?" It's yet another thing to make ppl keep watching this show.
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 14:13   Link #71
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyt
"If you liked Narcissu, you will LOVE Hanbun no Tsuki Noboru Sora". The themes portrayed in both are very similar, as are the initial settings.
I thought of Narcissu when I watched the preview for Hantsuki. I recommend Narcissu to anyone who likes this type of story. http://narcissu.insani.org/

I hope Hantsuki is as good.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 22:24   Link #72
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
I thought of Narcissu when I watched the preview for Hantsuki. I recommend Narcissu to anyone who likes this type of story. http://narcissu.insani.org/

I hope Hantsuki is as good.
I concurred.

I was going to suggest this game, but I thought I better skimp thru the thread first because the settings of the two story are so familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii Denka
...the fact that Rika is a cute, weak and loli-ish girl is the most blatant evidence of who the show is aimed at!
Narcissu will prove you wrong.
Old 2006-01-22, 23:00   Link #73
Yakult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
EDIT: I think I'll refine my prediction a little.

With Rika's operation around the corner, Yuuichi planned a mock wedding with rika. Everyone that Yuuichi and Rika knew attended the mock wedding, which is what you get on the ED. Everything went smoothly, Rika although disappointed that it's just a mock wedding, she's very happy. Yuuichi then promised that after her operation they get married for real.

However on the day of Rika's operation something went horribly wrong. Doctors, nurses and Akikio struggled to save Rika while Rika did her best to stay alive. After hours of waiting the operation was over, Akiko brings bad news, Yuuichi devastated. Akiko explained that Rika had fought the hardest she could for him. Yuuichi let out a sorrow cry, Akiko gave him a hug of comfort.

Yuuichi tried to end his life to join her (wrist slitting, rooftop jump, pill overdose, take your pick ), but was stopped by a voice, Rika! The usual 'keep living on, for my sake', 'you'll find someone better', 'I'll always be with you forever, in your memory and heart' etc lecture given by Rika before she spirited away.

One day Yuuichi had a dream of him in the church, with Akiko and others. A bride enters, reveal herself as Rika, they both exchange their vows and rings and finally a kiss. Back to reality, Yuuichi never woke up ever since. The credits role.

Epilogue, a few years later a girl was hospitalized for some minor sickness and stumble into Yuuichi's ward out of boredom. Yuuichi after all these years finally woke up, and found himself looking at a girl with who was a spltting image of Rika. A new beginning.

Woah... when I read this, I just started reading from the middle and then I thought it was some huge spoiler from the novel or something! Then I read the first sentence and I got all sad But then I read the first sentence and I was happy again :P You sure made a good prediction ;P
Old 2006-01-22, 23:28   Link #74
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I liked the art and was like I'm watching. I will watch any show is it has a good story and nice character designs.

with that heart idea don't get me started on the new Days of Our Lives arc XD

I liked Narcissu but the main girl in this anime is more likable to me.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-22, 23:51   Link #75
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Interesting....

I really liked the first episode - six episodes is enough to do a lot with
if they get right down to story and it looks like that's the case here.

Waiting for the next one!
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 00:09   Link #76
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakult
Woah... when I read this, I just started reading from the middle and then I thought it was some huge spoiler from the novel or something! Then I read the first sentence and I got all sad But then I read the first sentence and I was happy again :P You sure made a good prediction ;P
Thank you. I do have other theory beside this.

A heart was found for Rika and was immediately used for operation. The operation was a huge success! Since then, Rika and Yuuichi lived happily ever after as lovers... or is it.

Of course this theory cannot end here. Weeks after Yuuichi and Rika got the all green to leave the hospital, they go on a date. Out of the sudden Rika felt pain in her chest, but was denounce that it was nothing serious. Later on the date, her chest pain becomes more frequent and she began to have breathing difficulty. Yuuichi began to worry and cancle the date and proceed to take her home. This time Rika's chest pain became unbearable and collasped with her hand crutching her chest. Yuuichi panicked, ambulance was called and immediately admitted Rika to the hospital.

There the doctor dropped a bombshell on Yuuichi after running a check on Rika, her heart refused to work properly and it may fail any moment. Yuuichi begged Akiko and the doctor to save her, doctor however said that even they were to perform operation her chances of survival now was extremely low and told the boy to prepare for the worse.

What happened after that is anyone's guess

(I feel like a bastard now... )

Last edited by Flo; 2006-01-23 at 00:28.
Old 2006-01-23, 18:23   Link #77
Yakult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
Thank you. I do have other theory beside this.

A heart was found for Rika and was immediately used for operation. The operation was a huge success! Since then, Rika and Yuuichi lived happily ever after as lovers... or is it.

Of course this theory cannot end here. Weeks after Yuuichi and Rika got the all green to leave the hospital, they go on a date. Out of the sudden Rika felt pain in her chest, but was denounce that it was nothing serious. Later on the date, her chest pain becomes more frequent and she began to have breathing difficulty. Yuuichi began to worry and cancle the date and proceed to take her home. This time Rika's chest pain became unbearable and collasped with her hand crutching her chest. Yuuichi panicked, ambulance was called and immediately admitted Rika to the hospital.

There the doctor dropped a bombshell on Yuuichi after running a check on Rika, her heart refused to work properly and it may fail any moment. Yuuichi begged Akiko and the doctor to save her, doctor however said that even they were to perform operation her chances of survival now was extremely low and told the boy to prepare for the worse.

What happened after that is anyone's guess

(I feel like a bastard now... )
I think your first prediction was -way- better mainly because it added that really big suprise to where everyone was going "Oh my god! The ending sequence has a spoiler!" then they would find out it's something totally different!
Old 2006-01-23, 18:34   Link #78
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Or!

Or it could be:

Rika pulls thru the operation with flying colors unlike her father due
to her youth and plucky attitude.

However, Yuuichi has been doing things like taking her to the mountain
fort, going to the library for her (and other errands), avoiding the nurse
and weakening his immune system in the process. Due to lack of
sleep (all the magazines he inherited!) among other things he is more
susceptible to infection and catches pneumonia - still trying to please
Rika and staying up all night worrying during her operation he takes a
big turn for the worse.

He passes away with Rika's name on his lips.
The wedding scene is the last thing in his mind - a fantasy and nothing real.

Rika looks back and remembers often.

Kind of grim for a romantic comedy eh?
aliensporebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 18:44   Link #79
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb
<snipped for brevity>
He passes away with Rika's name on his lips.
The wedding scene is the last thing in his mind - a fantasy and nothing real.

Rika looks back and remembers often.

Kind of grim for a romantic comedy eh?
If there must be a tragic ending, I like this version. I've been thinking all along that the wedding scene is a dream sequence, and having Yuuichi (who doesn't start out with a seriously life-threatening condition) being the one to die is a good twist.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-23, 20:23   Link #80
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki
If there must be a tragic ending, I like this version. I've been thinking all along that the wedding scene is a dream sequence, and having Yuuichi (who doesn't start out with a seriously life-threatening condition) being the one to die is a good twist.
That and Elyscape's comment from Basugasubakuhatsu

(For some reason I always picture Rika die more than Yuuichi. Is there something wrong with me????)

EDIT: Calling Hantsuki fans who are efficient with Japanese Language. I need you too spoil me, regarding summaries on the 5 novels. Translations of these summaries of these 5 novel will be much appreciated. Requires Japanese Encoding Shift-JIS. (Ps. Bable fish confuse the hell outta me and doesn't do squats for me on vol 3, 4 and 5) Thank you.

Spoiler for Novel vol 1:

Spoiler for Novel vol 2:

Spoiler for Novel vol 3:

Spoiler for Novel vol 4:

Spoiler for Novel vol 5:

Last edited by Flo; 2006-01-23 at 20:35.

Tags
drama, romance, shounen