AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-30, 17:07   Link #3501
Ashaman

I heard that Yabuki managed to buy Haruna's rights so the wife can't mess with him anymore.

Is this true? I heard it from Tv.Tropes, so not exactly a reliable source.

I wanted to know if anyone has confirmation on this?

It would explain why new anime and manga is coming out. The anime at least will have Haruna, which may cause problems if the wife could still sue for rights. (I don't pretend to know if this is even possible.)

New manga suggests the problems are all sorted out.
Old 2010-07-30, 17:13   Link #3502
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I heard that Yabuki managed to buy Haruna's rights so the wife can't mess with him anymore.

It would explain why new anime and manga is coming out. The anime at least will have Haruna, which may cause problems if the wife could still sue for rights. (I don't pretend to know if this is even possible.)

Well I won't pretend to know about this either, but as I said before, Haruna is kind of generic in both design and personality. It's hard for me to believe his ex-wife could have ever claimed the rights to her character. Plus, if Yabuki really did base Haruna on her, you'd think he would be the last one who'd want to use that character again.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 17:36   Link #3503
justavisitor

Quote:

If this is true, then more Yes!! to me
Too bad October can't come any sooner

(totally off topic: maybe the author gets a new girlfriend and this time she looks like momo )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 18:12   Link #3504
Freeter
beyond

Quote:

She and Oshizu have a cameo in Overrun, that's more than enough confirmation.

Quote:
maybe the author gets a new girlfriend and this time she looks like momo
If she gives morning service like Momo, then he's one lucky bastard
Old 2010-07-30, 19:08   Link #3505
Muyasuki

This is good news to me. Especially the potential for a different female lead. Towards the end of the run, I kept hoping that the main two girls would switch to Momo and Mikan (as their dynamic was much more interesting) from the original Haruna and Lala with Yui and Yami getting increased screen time.
Muyasuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 19:12   Link #3506
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by notme View Post
Momo is great, but she already said she wants to be with Rito so I don't know if I would like some new guy coming along.

I really hope this is just a continuation of TLR (maybe minus Haruna). I want it to be more than just some story put in the same world with new characters.
Rito is coming back.

If it was a continuation, they would have said so. The promo art would have had Lala/Haruna front and center on it, too.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 19:21   Link #3507
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I just want to see Haruna actually get confessed to. She was the original love interest after all and I found it unfair she was like the only character in the series who missed it.
Old 2010-07-30, 19:39   Link #3508
Used Can

I think there must be some changes. I don't see the point of making a spin-off and not a sequel, if there are no changes at all. After all, things had finally started to move at the end.

Personally, I think Lala and Haruna kept the "plot" from moving adequately since, for better or worse, they were the love interests. Both of them were far too passive, and eventually, because of that, the whole thing just felt dragged at some point.

This is why I believe taking them from the main girls position, or just removing them completely would make for an interesting spin-off. Even more so when characters like Momo and Yui had started to become aggressive.

Personally, I think Momo would make for the perfect female lead, if we take into account her and Rito's personality. Not only that, but this is a blatant tease manga, and Momo is the biggest tease around, by far.
Old 2010-07-30, 23:38   Link #3509
Sotobrastos

Yui and Momo as the new leads would be perfect. And keep Mikan around as the flirty third option.
Sotobrastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 00:15   Link #3510
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotobrastos View Post
Yui and Momo as the new leads would be perfect. And keep Mikan around as the flirty third option.
Yui is hardly main character material, I'm sorry. I rather stick with Mikan and momo, and Nana if they speed up her development

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 07:44   Link #3511
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Yui is hardly main character material, I'm sorry. I rather stick with Mikan and momo, and Nana if they speed up her development
look like a lot..I mean A LOT of people forgot who's this series character main char

I hope Yamo-lester Ken-guy*) give more storyline than endless of Fanservice, Groping Breast/Butt, or Kiss crotch if he ever create continuation of this series

C'mon Yamo-lester, be more human like will you?! and less genital oriented like animal out there or I am afraid your skin will be next to Don Juan skin on Library Room wall decoration (my Father like Human Pervert/Playboy skin for his collection)

*) Yabuki + Molester = Yamo Lester ....Ken-Guy= Kentaro + Guy
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 16:04   Link #3512
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

He managed to get his right back !? o.o;
......Now I really hope that he will continue this series, even if he's going to do it when Overrun is finished ;_;

Quote:
Personally, I think Lala and Haruna kept the "plot" from moving adequately since, for better or worse, they were the love interests. Both of them were far too passive, and eventually, because of that, the whole thing just felt dragged at some point.
I think I can see your point ;( but as for me, the time when they managed to appear again after their long....hiatus, they always give me a big impact and which in turn, gives a big development in their own chapters (not the one when they appeared only as a...'cameo' )

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 17:25   Link #3513
Xagzan

We don't know for sure he ever lost the rights. I mean, it was a character of his own imagination. I'm not sure someone can claim rights just because they were an inspiration.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 19:54   Link #3514
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I definitely agree about the new heroines idea, Lala and Haruna weren't the ones I look forward to anyway when I was reading it.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 11:15   Link #3515
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
You joking? Yui is pretty much the typical Tsundere lead who somehow got a supporting role in the first place.

Mikan is hard to squeeze in as a real romantic interest due to the whole siblings angle. Japan may like to like flirting and teasing with the idea, but outright brother-sister incest seriously taken is hardly ever heard out of hentai. Even if they weren't actually blood related, they still were raised together.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 12:46   Link #3516
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Did you see the promo? That looked like Rito to me.
What promo?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 13:11   Link #3517
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
What promo?
The one on this page: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nch-in-october

That looks like Rito behind Yami and Momo to me.
Old 2010-08-04, 11:32   Link #3518
Fluffman5

It certainly looks like members of the old cast. Perhaps a different storyline to start off with?
Fluffman5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 22:12   Link #3519
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
The one on this page: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...nch-in-october

That looks like Rito behind Yami and Momo to me.
Ya looks like Momo and Yami to me, and having Yami as one of the main love interests would be awesome.

Just shows you how popular To-love-ru really was if it's comming back already.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 22:30   Link #3520
pampz21
ShipCore

either this spin off will have different cast.....or different POV but i want diff pov and the main heroine will be yami or momo!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, shounen, manga