AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-15, 11:35   Link #161
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Was it really necessary for her to... um... bring down the house in order to stop that guy? He had to keep his illusions close in order to keep her fooled, and once the impossible kick tipped her off, why didn't she just keep her distance (like she should have been doing the whole time) and do some more exploratory surgery with that pencil? A little trial and error would have wiped that smirk off his face--his position wasn't that far off. Maybe I'm underestimating her cooldown time, but she is a Level 5...

Hm. Well, besides the likelihood of killing him, I mean. There is that, but maybe there was another way...
I'm more wondering why she didn't aim by ear and use bigger projectiles, where being off by a few centimeters or even a whole meter wouldn't have mattered. I guess she didn't want to kill him?
Old 2009-02-15, 11:51   Link #162
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm more wondering why she didn't aim by ear and use bigger projectiles, where being off by a few centimeters or even a whole meter wouldn't have mattered. I guess she didn't want to kill him?
Of course she didn't want to kill him. She's a member of Judgment, the academy's Student police. It's their duty to serve and protect the citizens of the city. Killing him would only make her the same as him and his gang.
Old 2009-02-15, 16:10   Link #163
and618and

She is a level 4, not 5.
Old 2009-02-18, 09:55   Link #164
Shance
Hakurei Miko

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Of course she didn't want to kill him. She's a member of Judgment, the academy's Student police. It's their duty to serve and protect the citizens of the city. Killing him would only make her the same as him and his gang.
More like they need clues about the Level Upper and killing them would mean less leads, more victims.

Then again, you guys really need to read the novel badly, since I don't think the manga's THAT faithful to the source.
Old 2009-02-22, 05:12   Link #165
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Ch 11 is out.
Spoiler for Plot:
Old 2009-02-22, 07:52   Link #166
ReddyRedWolf

Tree Diagram hasn't been blown up yet by Index.

An apperance of Heaven Canceller. I'm seeing a pattern of crooked scientists in Academy City.

This FOR SCIENCE mentality have much to be desired for ethics.
Old 2009-03-04, 00:59   Link #167
stillmissing

New chapter is out.

Old 2009-03-05, 11:17   Link #168
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
New chapter is out.

Interesting.
Spoiler for Question:
Old 2009-03-05, 22:43   Link #169
stillmissing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Interesting.
Spoiler for Question:
Spoiler for timeline:
Old 2009-03-06, 02:57   Link #170
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

By the way, the cover for volume 3 has already been released long ago (the actual volume too):

Link

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-03-09, 15:48   Link #171
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Chapter 12: Woah. Kiyama managed to secure OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!! victims already? And combine their might to form Voltron? Awesome. Makes me feel sorry for her inevitable defeat, because her plan is pretty interesting. I wonder how this network's development relates to the construction of the Sister network.

And all she wanted was a share of TD's processing time.
Old 2009-03-09, 16:35   Link #172
BlueDo

So an esper can have only one ability, eh?
Well, that was kinda assumed by now... Oh well.
But, I assume that there is a reason for that.
The level upper - wouldn't it be harmful on your mind to be of dual ability?
That's probably the side effect mentioned.

She would indeed be an interesting esper.
Nice to see Misaka getting a good fight.
Maybe this time she'll come up with an effective strategy
Old 2009-03-09, 18:36   Link #173
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Chapter 12: Woah. Kiyama managed to secure OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!! victims already? And combine their might to form Voltron? Awesome. Makes me feel sorry for her inevitable defeat, because her plan is pretty interesting. I wonder how this network's development relates to the construction of the Sister network.

Nice to see that her choice of action when turned down from using the supercomputer was to use esper brains as replacements . Seriously talk about a person who doesn't take no very well. At any rate the people who ended up in comas and those who got hurt by some getting these boosts can't just be shrugged off. Time for Misaka to bring her down!

Normally this kind of opponent would scream out Touma fight. But looking forward to seeing Misaka show what she can do in a situation like this. Might make it easier if Kiyama put on a Touma mask since that rage boost might help .
Old 2009-03-09, 19:28   Link #174
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

Well since Tree Diagram rejected her proposal because it is too close to Radio Noise. The ability that allows the Misaka Network's existence.
The Sisters I think are supposedly Top Secret. She's no loli Biri-Biri Last Order that is for sure. The central node of the Misaka Network.

It would be funny if Doc Frog got inspiration to help brain damaged Accelerator from Upper Level.
Old 2009-03-09, 20:19   Link #175
Bordix

Quote:
It would be funny if Doc Frog got inspiration to help brain damaged Accelerator from Upper Level.
Even funnier, he got the Idea from Mikoto

Kiyama is awesome, she's still funny even though she's practically like a villain now and she looks like she's on dope
Old 2009-03-09, 20:52   Link #176
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Kiyama is awesome, she's still funny even though she's practically like a villain now and she looks like she's on dope
Practically? She sent 10,000 students into comas with the Level Upper that the whole plot's been revolving around, and she just blew up the city's entire special forces team. I think she qualifies.

She does look pretty drugged up. Hivemind is one helluva drug.
Old 2009-03-09, 21:18   Link #177
ReddyRedWolf

Something occured to me with over 10,000 espers linked together.

Could it have a side effect like say... a certain shy big breast meganeko?
Old 2009-03-09, 23:27   Link #178
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Something occured to me with over 10,000 espers linked together.

Could it have a side effect like say... a certain shy big breast meganeko?
I'm pretty sure she was around a lot longer then Kiyama's network was around.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2009-03-09, 23:51   Link #179
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Normally this kind of opponent would scream out Touma fight. But looking forward to seeing Misaka show what she can do in a situation like this. Might make it easier if Kiyama put on a Touma mask since that rage boost might help .
Even if this is To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou and focuses on Misaka and co. and how they deal with that Level Upper problem...

... I still want Touma to bring the "Punching Out Cthulhu Fist." I know it's not possible and probably be somewhat anticlimactic but for some reason I really want Touma to appear here.

Then again, this is Misaka and Co.'s story. I'll see how she's going to work it out.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-03-10, 09:25   Link #180
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

At least we know they have a tactical nuke of an ace hidden in hand...

Tags
fantasy, shounen