AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-12, 10:44   Link #8201
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
RWBladewing& WildGoose: Tier 5 is the sweet spot for most players, particularly in the cost vs. gain level. Also it's the place where you finally get a taste of what each country's specialties are.

No real need to move up until you're well and ready. It's a whole lot better than failing upwards...
I'm capping myself at 7 and 8. Even in the tier 10 games I got into with my tier 8 and 9, I feel like I could just camp on a hill, watch an anime episode, come back, and still nothing moved. And arty whiners always say it was because there are 5 arties on each side, but even recently with the no arty tier 10 games, things are still slow as hell.

In my opinion high tier TDs are the bigger problem. They can reliably hit, pen and one shot(and insane, physically impossible good camo for soviet ones), scaring people from advancing even one bit beyond the rock they are currently hugging. And yet nobody complains about them because most think it's a valid excuse to say "arties take no skill and it's not my fault that I die to arty" and blame arty for everything. Just not for TDs, when in fact TDs do just about the same thing. Maybe people don't like the idea of getting killed by things that are unseen, but you don't really see the TDs half of the time either, and they can be just as bad. It's probably a domino effect. A few vocal people whining about arty, and the entire player base follows, blaming all their life problems on it using testimonials from other players as evidence, which were produced in the blaming process itself, and it just snowballs.

Last edited by Achiuakuna; 2013-07-12 at 11:15.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 10:47   Link #8202
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I have a different goal when grinding for tanks...

I grind for a particular tech line simply because there are tanks I like. Tier 5 is the sweet spot indeed, but I do entertain Tier 7 a lot. Even Tier 8 can be fun... Once you get upwards though, things can get pretty intense.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 12:01   Link #8203
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

This y i have no one to play tier x wit in the clan.

Ppl need to learn how to play.

I managed 7 kills soloed last night on the is 6. being the last man standing i was defendin our flag and got killed becuz ppl kept pickin me off when i turn the turret to shoot. couldnt bounce shots cuz they out numbered me and syarted close in and surround me. i died to a kv 5 from ruf.

Thou shall smite thine enemies... wit tanx alot.

So my new project is the e75 then blitz to the st 1 and is 4. i still need to sell my arty. gonna be a long month grind since i have less time to play.

Then Q and ES and mow mow says welcome to the workforce. .
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 14:27   Link #8204
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Had an absolutely diabolical session today.

The MM has really been hating on me lately especially in the T49 which yet again had another session with a single same tier game in it and at one stage I think I had 3 games in a row full of tier 7's. Though I made the most of it the best I could and managed a match like this = Replay.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Some truly dreadful teams didn't help either and in one tier 9 match my team only destroyed 3 of the enemies tanks...........and I got 2 of those kills..........................in the chaffee....

To top it all off I got banned from chat for swearing once without warning and as some may know this stops you even using the map commands and command prefix's in game, which is a joke.

Still at the end after some perseverance I managed to end of a positive with about 39k of free XP.

Last edited by Drake; 2013-07-12 at 14:47.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 14:46   Link #8205
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Heh now u feel like how i was banned from chat. which is one of the reasons i made an alt acct. Also MM hates everyone. But it prolly hates u in paticular... jk. it could be worst, like those events where ur games have a higher chance to be loses than wins becuz of player stupidity.
Old 2013-07-12, 14:57   Link #8206
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I've seen mods warn people before about swearing but I just got outright banned which pissed me off as it wasn't aimed at anyone or in any way provocative and was me merely expressing my displeasure at the broken MM.

Old 2013-07-12, 15:32   Link #8207
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Maybe eu servers are more strict than US servers... lol i got chat ban after talking trash for a few games before they banned me. for about 5 days or so.
Old 2013-07-12, 16:19   Link #8208
Blaat

I use profanities so many times and yet I haven't been banned (yet). How long is the ban Drake?
Old 2013-07-12, 16:25   Link #8209
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Its prolly no longer than me which was about a week.

I can log in wot thru my phone remotely and on another computer that doesnt have it installed so i can update and i can do it anywhere witout being there XD to do anything. gotta love remote login. i only saw 3 other players on MUP.
Old 2013-07-12, 17:10   Link #8210
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Its just a 24hr ban which isn't that bad but still not being able to at least mark enemies on the map or use attack/defend prefix's effects game play and there where a few instances where I couldn't even warn my team of flanking enemies.

Also:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2013-07-12, 17:11   Link #8211
Tak

Thats why MuP utilizes vent, so we can swear, curse, scream profanity whatever way we like without having to engage in the arduous activity of expressing your negative emotions through multiple strikes to the keyboard

You should join us sometimes.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-07-12, 17:17   Link #8212
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

But... but... cursing is bad~
Old 2013-07-12, 17:19   Link #8213
Tak

Well, I don't.

But I won't stop you and not give you a medium to do it now, would I? Of course, its also better to keep it within the clan than to rage in public.

- Tak

Old 2013-07-12, 17:21   Link #8214
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Q post that german angry kid vid XD. That is what i am thinking right now.

Yeah i hated when u can warn ur team but then again i usually dont warn. But when i do. I try to make sure someone aware of it. then i go my other tanks cuz i hate watchin a losin battle.

But no one uses vent except us regulars. and we dont have time to swear and curse.... except u Q..... when u keep sayin stupid..... not that i mind. dont mind. Just dont start screaming and yelling like angry german kid.
Old 2013-07-12, 17:21   Link #8215
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Sadly me and blaat are exiled to the EU server =I so theres little point in vent since there are only the two of us, besides I don't think ANY of you could make out a word I'm saying anyway given that the northern Ireland accent is as thick as concrete.

Old 2013-07-12, 17:26   Link #8216
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Who cares i would join to ease drop and be entertained on vent.... if i am on the same time.
Old 2013-07-12, 17:31   Link #8217
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
besides I don't think ANY of you could make out a word I'm saying anyway given that the northern Ireland accent is as thick as concrete.
Sounds pretty sexy. Now I'm curious
Old 2013-07-12, 17:36   Link #8218
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
Sounds pretty sexy. Now I'm curious terrified
This is how it should read, the way we speak is "colourful" to say the least.

Old 2013-07-12, 17:41   Link #8219
Tak

No no... English with a Russian accent is terrifying. An Irish accent sounds like a cereal commercial depicting a particular creature hoarding gold on the other side of the rainbow, its quite a different experience

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2013-07-12 at 18:39.
Old 2013-07-12, 17:53   Link #8220
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
This is how it should read, the way we speak is "colourful" to say the least.
At least it's a novelty. I'm getting pretty bored with the commonplace "g'die mights" from Australians.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks