AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > GATE

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-03-11, 16:52   Link #41
Brother Coa
Banned

Great that they have shown us planetary disturbance theories scene but they have shortened it to a point it is not relevant to the plot.

Like Aohige's post showed us this will be very important later on in the storyline. And because of this the planetary theory got a lot of attention in LN. Oh well, I guess that manga will portrait it like it should have been portraited.

I think they just scrap it for more important stuff as this will not be important until much later in the storyline.
Old 2016-03-12, 15:47   Link #42
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
I found a delightful manga about a young Pinya co Lada and her efforts to form the Rose Knights. The title is Gate:Teikoku no Bara Kishidan - Pinya Co Lada 14-sai
It's one of the several Gate spin-off manga running on Alphapolis website.

I just picked up the first tankoubon volume the other day in Akiba along with GATE Starry Nights v1, I'll upload photos of the loot once I get back stateside.
Old 2016-03-13, 18:46   Link #43
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
It's one of the several Gate spin-off manga running on Alphapolis website.

I just picked up the first tankoubon volume the other day in Akiba along with GATE Starry Nights v1, I'll upload photos of the loot once I get back stateside.
Wahoo!!
Old 2016-03-25, 01:17   Link #44
Brother Coa
Banned

Just watched PV for final episode, is it just me or did they changed some things from LN version?

Remembering from aohige's writings:

-Village chief was not there,
-Itami's squad was not there.
-Out of SF members only Assassin was left in the city, here all of them are still here.
-In the end they returned to the other side of the GATE, inn LN description they didn't. ( unless it's for visiting Itami's mother, but she was only mentioned once and that scene with her in manga and LN was skipped ).
Old 2016-03-25, 07:08   Link #45
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Just watched PV for final episode, is it just me or did they changed some things from LN version?
They have been changing things for 23 episodes, so its not surprising. But as long as the final product is still good I'm OK with that.
Old 2016-03-25, 17:24   Link #46
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
They have been changing things for 23 episodes, so its not surprising. But as long as the final product is still good I'm OK with that.
Yeah, I know that.

But for this specific episode they changed quite a lot.

-The primary goal for Itami was not to save princess, that's changed here.
-The reason why she was brought to throne room was to get info from her how to successful counter SDF, Ogres were just one of idea. They are to be used as heavy infantry unit that would stand in front of standard troops and socked up damage from SDF guns. At that moment she laughed at him and his idea for how stupid they are and how SDF is simply too powerful for anything they have.
-Also, when they saved Pina they didn't make her crown princess yet. Her father took controlling the "new" Imperial Government while she and Hamilton took chopper with Itami and head to meet Hardy.
-Itami's squad was not with him, and they escaped using only Humvee.
-The scene with sniper was done a lot better in LN. Itami basically gave Zorzal an apple that was destroyed in his hands by sniper bullet moments later. Quite a way to make an impression.
-Last scene in Japan is strictly anime original as well.

But overall it was good, some things are done even better in my opinion.
Old 2016-03-25, 17:41   Link #47
francescoG1

Quote:

-Also, when they saved Pina they didn't make her crown princess yet. Her father took controlling the "new" Imperial Government while she and Hamilton took chopper with Itami and head to meet Hardy.

Summary

"The Emperor wakes up and explains to others what he suspects Japan's intention is.
With both Pina and Malt at their side, they could claim Zorzal's succession to be an uprise, and his seat of power illegal. Pina is worried that this will split the empire into a civil war, but Malt tells his daughter a civil war is inevitable at this point.
He tells her he will appoint her the Crown Princess. It will be up to her whether she wants to split the empire and rule them separately, or take up arms and overthrow Zorzal. "

Quote:

-The scene with sniper was done a lot better in LN. Itami basically gave Zorzal an apple that was destroyed in his hands by sniper bullet moments later. Quite a way to make an impression.
Apple? no a golden goblet
Old 2016-03-25, 17:48   Link #48
Brother Coa
Banned

Yeah, forgot that part, however I don't remember ceremony in the summary and as you have posted now I see why I remember it differently - there was no ceremony with everyone.

And golden goblet? I was sure it was apple... oh well....
In any case, it was not just shot in empty like in anime.

The rest is fine dough, exactly as I described.
Old 2016-03-25, 19:46   Link #49
Top Sergeant

Quote:
But overall it was good, some things are done even better in my opinion.
I completely agree.
Old 2016-05-21, 16:45   Link #50
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

So I just read chapter 55 of the manga.

I'm so glad the anime re-worked the entire dialogue with Pina and Diabo. Him joking about Pina offering her body to him was just bad. If he meant what he said, then I could probably overlook it, but in the end where he seemed to have been joking but Pina took it seriously...I think it was supposed to be funny, but it felt like it was just in bad taste.
Closed Thread