AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note - Episode 36 Rating
Perfect 10 90 71.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 25.40%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 1.59%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-23, 23:22   Link #101
poolfan
NOOB

just a word of warning. if you recieve a private message from this chap GetALife, don't read it. it reads "where to find next episode" but contains spoilers for next episode. He's been banned but if i haven't read the manga already, it's so gonna ruin my day.
Old 2007-06-24, 07:43   Link #102
azn_mick

This episode is incredible. During 40 minutes, my heart is pounding very strong !!! I can't wait too see the next episode !!
Old 2007-06-24, 08:04   Link #103
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Seriously I hope that Matsuda dies in the next episode. For me its just an useless character through the whole series. The only thing he did was getting Misa into Yotsuba and that would have been possible with Mogi in a similar way too. He had some action when they took out the Mafia but replace him with any other police man and nothing changes. Other than that he was just annoying and useless, especially in ep36 :\

Ide also had very VERY few things to do, even less than Matsuda. But at least he wasnt annoying. Driving the car to Sakura TV and being close to Aizawa. Aside from some random "AAAHH Im so surprised" and similar appearances I cant remember him doing anything at all.
Old 2007-06-24, 14:44   Link #104
mycen

I view Matsuda as a form of comic relief.. much like Ryuk. This is always nice to have in an anime series. I hope to see more of Ryuk in the last episode ... he has been very much MIA in the lst few episodes.
Old 2007-06-24, 19:23   Link #105
Auro
Harmlessly Eccentric

Send a message via MSN to Auro
~Thanks for the warning poolfan, I had the same message but lucky didn't even read it~

Its hard to find any love for Matsuda - I think he's cool.
And yeah, I agree with mycen - he's like a comic relief character, but at the start was used as a newbie. He answered our questions about the death note world-setting like "who is L?"

During the first arc of Death Note my friend referred to the Task Force as the nobodies - just cause to her they never did anything except be shocked or surprised. I swear though Mogi had the smallest amount of dialogue (a few sentences) through that arc.

~ Well hahah, at least Matsuda and Aizawa had their 'thinking colours' - (Mat) yellow and (Aiz) green, usually it was only the main characters ^_^

Last edited by Auro; 2007-06-24 at 19:34. Reason: spelling
Old 2007-06-25, 00:34   Link #106
kazune-kun

I think Near did something else, and is about to screw over Light. Yah wheres Ryuk and his "hehehe" they better show him in the next episode
Old 2007-06-25, 02:39   Link #107
Lordshin
(´・ω・`)/ 

WOW.... Best. Episode. EVER!!!!!
Had me at the edge of my seat (literally)

and the Previews dont necesarily show EXACTLY what happens....
I forget what episode it was but the Preview implied that Mikami was killed... which didnt happen of course :P
Old 2007-06-25, 12:59   Link #108
mycen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordshin View Post
I forget what episode it was but the Preview implied that Mikami was killed... which didnt happen of course :P
I believe it was the preview in episode 34. They has a screenshot which looked like Mikami was falling down (which implied death) but turned out to be his totally insane eliminate dance.
1 more day to the conclusion!! Then the hangover will start ...
Old 2007-06-25, 14:09   Link #109
cwolz
Anime Otaku

fantastic episode.. ughh but the english VAs are going to mess it up so bad...
Old 2007-06-25, 19:00   Link #110
kaoruky

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolfan View Post
just a word of warning. if you recieve a private message from this chap GetALife, don't read it. it reads "where to find next episode" but contains spoilers for next episode. He's been banned but if i haven't read the manga already, it's so gonna ruin my day.
too late for me,
oh i'm so sad, the asshole spoiled in the first line,

;_;
Old 2007-06-25, 20:40   Link #111
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The penultimate episode was magnificient. Stylized, noir-like animation. Light return to his grandeur evilness from episode one.

Ladies and gentlemen the countdown starts down for the ultimate closure to Death Note. Tomorrow everything will be settled...

Is Light going to reign as the God of the New World? or will Near demonstrate that he has already surpassed L by bringing down Kira?

Spoiler:

Last edited by Guido; 2007-06-26 at 07:40.
Old 2007-06-25, 22:58   Link #112
seiji_kun

really poundering if I should watch the next episode. Cause like a lot of people I was to anxious to know the conclusion.

It's a shame that this series is comming to an end. It's one of my favourite all tho I find the ending to have a way to big of an anti-climax.. But that's like with 50%+ of animes anyway.

I'm gonna miss this series, Light defenitely became one of my favourite chars ever or at least one of the chars I was most fascinated bye ( can't compare Luffy with Light I guess )
Old 2007-06-26, 06:28   Link #113
aedai
*3*

Send a message via AIM to aedai Send a message via MSN to aedai Send a message via Yahoo to aedai
u_u bleh..
as i said this episode was really good,mikami's eye was kinda scary and he was going like..mental XD I also thought hed have a heart attack!!

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-06-26 at 09:01. Reason: spoiler removed
Old 2007-06-26, 07:05   Link #114
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

aedai: Its been mentioned a number of times already, no spoilers for episode 37 --- even if they are in spoiler tags.

Please edit and delete.
Old 2007-06-26, 07:29   Link #115
HyugaHinata
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycen View Post
I view Matsuda as a form of comic relief.. much like Ryuk. This is always nice to have in an anime series. I hope to see more of Ryuk in the last episode ... he has been very much MIA in the lst few episodes.
I agree. A show like Death Note would be extremely slow and boring without some comic relief. Matsuda is necessary. Without something to break up the monotony, I'd probably have given up on the manga during the Yotsuba arc.
Old 2007-11-20, 12:42   Link #116
Spitfyre

I really wasn't satisfied with the ending, for several reasons. One being that Mikami wrote Takada's name, and Effed it all up for Light, another being that Near is just some asshole, And that Mikami should have made sure it wasn't a fake, also, he flippin' called Light "God" that's way to obvious. Another thing that pissed me off is that there's only 37 episodes.. And even after his death, woudln't it be possible for Light to be a Death God/Shinigami? Ryuk said it himself, he would be a better Shinigami, and when Light dies from Ryuk, he neither goes to Heaven or Hell.. They should have made another episode in which he's a Death God.. not much of an episode, but more like the ending for episode 37, rather than him dying. Last thing.. in the end Light did stop criminals, and since he, himself l was a criminal, he died. It was his faith, he just didn't think of himself that way. But in a way he kind of does "Eliminate" all criminals.

Last edited by Spitfyre; 2007-11-20 at 12:44. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Closed Thread