AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-31, 00:31   Link #321
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
I really hope it gets season two just as much as everyone else here.

Last episode was pretty sad for the most part, but the last part was pretty touching IMO.
Old 2009-12-31, 00:34   Link #322
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yah, i was right about what 13 will be. i guess filler is needed to pass over to a more dramatic ending. they had SOOOO much opportunity for fanservice in 12, but they didn't do any of it...

and yeah, that was a direct reference to Latte. i'm hoping for a season 2, because this was definitely a very enjoyable show this season. only behind Nyan Koi.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 03:03   Link #323
Sol Falling

I've been pretty disappointed with this adaptation as a whole but I gotta admit the last episode was pretty good. They properly got the emotion across for once, the ending was nice.

I've gotta say though, the anime has really made me realize how much of an insensitive jerk Sumika is; she's constantly flat out ignoring the feelings and conversation of people around her. I mean, for christ's sake, people are trying to talk to you. The overwhelming duplicity behind 'Sumi-chan's' vague grunt and smile in response to a question directed specifically at her was kinda sickening. I get that she's pining for her soulmate and all, but goddamn--when she's in the midst of a -two day- annual visit with people who obviously care about her, would it kill her to show some consideration and sincerity?

Also, this might or might not as well be a plot hole that was also in the manga (I don't remember), but I was left wondering why Sumika didn't ask to borrow the house phone straight after realizing she had no reception in the first place.

Anyway, as for a second season, yeah I'm looking forward to it too (I'm kinda assuming it'll happen). One of the major reason's being, although this didn't really bother me while reading the manga, but when I think about it, Lotte is one of the few character designs in this series that I can actually consider cute/attractive.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 03:32   Link #324
Ryo K

Great closure eps for this season of sasamekino koto. Finally we got to see how much Kazama felt about Sumi-chan, rather then just Sumi-chan's end. This show is hands down, the best show from this season.
Ryo K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 09:03   Link #325
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

There was a lot of emotional impact in the last episode, especially in that last scene with the phone call. I guess the fact that it's the end of the series is the reason behind the impact, because in the manga it's just development in the story, and there wasn't a lot of said impact. Either way, i'g glad they used this part of the story to end the series, because it was perfect.

All we can do now is keep our fingers crossed for a second season in 2010.
Old 2009-12-31, 12:21   Link #326
IronWarrior
KenshiWarrior

Wow, that was the end, well we really do need a second season and I want to see them hug or aleast kiss each other so much.

I have enjoyed watching this so much, the music throughout has been very enjoyable and sweet.

By the way, what was that anime at the end?
IronWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 13:45   Link #327
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

This really needs a second season, please don't let it be forgotten like Bamboo Blade.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 17:30   Link #328
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I've gotta say though, the anime has really made me realize how much of an insensitive jerk Sumika is; she's constantly flat out ignoring the feelings and conversation of people around her. I mean, for christ's sake, people are trying to talk to you. The overwhelming duplicity behind 'Sumi-chan's' vague grunt and smile in response to a question directed specifically at her was kinda sickening. I get that she's pining for her soulmate and all, but goddamn--when she's in the midst of a -two day- annual visit with people who obviously care about her, would it kill her to show some consideration and sincerity?
I totally loved Sumi-chan's personality and if you want "insensitive" side, made her seem all the more "real"
I mean when I was back in school I was in and out of thought or daydreaming, not really caring for my surroundings, hell still am to a extent.
I think she has more of a awkwardness to her, that comes across as really charming for me(she somewhat reminds me of me back in school)

Well I can understand dislike or hate towards a character cause of a trait thats generally hated in RL but for me sometimes it can come across as charming or even quite likable.
I'm pretty open minded towards this aspect of a character's personality as I had a friend that was a real arse hole, maybe more of a complete tool but still was a good mate none the less and a great laugh. Having put up with him for so long I can put up with just about anyone
Old 2009-12-31, 17:36   Link #329
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

I really hope this one gets a second season. Since it didnt say "FIN" for "finished" in the last scene, im rather optimistic that this first season was 13eps on purpose to see if its popular enough...

/hope
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 03:11   Link #330
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger1589 View Post
This really needs a second season, please don't let it be forgotten like Bamboo Blade.
lol. I was just thinking about Bamboo Blade.

It'd be awesome if both of them get a due sequel soon. Also Saki and Skip Beat.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 05:16   Link #331
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Also Saki and Skip Beat.
Not so soon, because both don't have enough manga material for a sequel just yet.
Old 2010-01-01, 09:49   Link #332
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I totally loved Sumi-chan's personality and if you want "insensitive" side, made her seem all the more "real".... I think she has more of a awkwardness to her, that comes across as really charming for me....
I agree with all of this. Sumika is a shy girl who happens to be really, really strong and can be domineering and even selfish under some circumstances. But really she's a kind and responsible person and a good friend.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-01, 10:49   Link #333
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

As a season ender... at the very least I guess it still proves that the "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" cliche still works if done properly.

And did it properly, this episode did.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 01:52   Link #334
TakumiFuji

Overall I'll give it 8/10 story was good and the relationships were also good what sucked is it was to damn short. I mean the Sumi and Kasumi were just finally getting somewhere truthful.

As for Isumi i hope she hasn't given up, and the other two what are they going to do now, as for the boy can we say whipping post.
TakumiFuji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 02:30   Link #335
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not so soon, because both don't have enough manga material for a sequel just yet.
Aye, sadly. Next year hopefully.

With Sasameki Koto though, it's like they cut it off without any type of closing arc feel. At least most of those stand-by anime conversions had their arcs decidedly finished. Sasameki Koto hanging in the air like this is a bit of a shame, but I applaud the animation studio for not doing some crazy anime-original thing.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 08:36   Link #336
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well like a few of us have said, there's been a hint at a second season with anime original content in episode 12, so it would be a huge shame to miss out on this opportunity. I'm hoping for a second season sometime this year if possible, because there would be enough material for another season, plus it could end after just a beautiful arc.
Old 2010-01-02, 18:40   Link #337
Ryo K

Just listened to the drama cd. Another ordinary day in episode of sasameki koto.
Basically it was about Sumika's birthday party, and ofcourse sumika's head is filled with Kazama the whole time.
The highlight: Kazama asking Sumi-chan to take off her clothes. and Sasameki koto, the musical.
and cast commentary.
Ryo K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-02, 23:37   Link #338
Revenger1589
otaku against own will

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm hoping for a second season sometime this year if possible, because there would be enough material for another season, plus it could end after just a beautiful arc.
I don't have the manga right now, but that would be the flashback arc, right? It would be really nice to see that animated.
Revenger1589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 02:25   Link #339
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

last episode seemed a little off pace, but the overall message came across. i just hope they get Latte in season two, since there's a lot more drama.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 05:07   Link #340
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revenger1589 View Post
I don't have the manga right now, but that would be the flashback arc, right? It would be really nice to see that animated.
Yeah that's the one.

Tags
seinen, yuri