AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-21, 08:15   Link #81
cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Can someone explain for me what happened to Shark in the championship mentioned on the news? BTW, Numbers 61's effect is like cheating to me...
Translate ...

http://long.2chan.tv/jlab-long/s/long1308568045244.jpg
cohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 12:39   Link #82
Crontica

Quote:
Can someone explain for me what happened to Shark in the championship mentioned on the news? BTW, Numbers 61's effect is like cheating to me...
Somebody swapped his duel deck or framed him with forbidden ones? Something along those lines.
Old 2011-06-21, 12:42   Link #83
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Eh, it's not THAT bad really...

No. 61, Volcasaurus (Exceed)
Fire/Dinosaur/5/2500/200
2 Level 5 monsters
You can remove 1 Exceed Material Monster from this card to destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to its ATK strength.

...when it comes out, it'll probably end up being limited to face-up Attack Position monsters and only do orignal ATK or something. Wouldn't surprise me if it got dumbed down to once per turn too. I HOPE they don't go as far as making the Level 5s having to be Dinosaur-Type as, currently, we only have 4 existing Level 5 Dinosaurs unless they release...

Punch Flamesaurus
Fire/Dinosaur/4/1800/1200
FLIP: Increase the Level of this card by 1.

Bontan Lavasaurus
Fire/Dinosaur/5/2100/1300
When this card is destroyed, add 1 Level 5 monster from your Deck to your hand.

Mince Icebergdon
Water/Dinosaur/5/1300/2100
When this card is Normal Summoned, destroy 1 face-up Attack Position monster your opponent controls.

...or we'll be stuck with having to use Level changing things on Level 4 or 6 Dinosaurs and such.

All we got being Pragtical (Fusion), Guardian Grarl (meh), Gladial Beast - Spartacus (obviously, only good in Gladial Beasts), and Jurrac Velhipto (Synchro). The only one among that'd really be useful at all in terms of Exceed Material being Pragtical since there's Instant Fusion to spring it out.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 12:48   Link #84
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Chaos End Ruler -Ruler of the Beginning and the End-

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. By banishing 1 LIGHT Warrior-Type and 1 DARK Fiend-Type monster from your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's Special Summon. Pay 1000 Life Points: Banish all cards in your opponent's hand, on your opponent's side of the field, and in your opponent's Graveyard, and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of cards banished by this effect x 500.

OMG! Is this thing for real??
Old 2011-06-21, 12:57   Link #85
Crontica

Quote:

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. By banishing 1 LIGHT Warrior-Type and 1 DARK Fiend-Type monster from your Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's Special Summon. Pay 1000 Life Points: Banish all cards in your opponent's hand, on your opponent's side of the field, and in your opponent's Graveyard, and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of cards banished by this effect x 500.

It'll be more realistic if summoning this card puts a random card on your deck at risk of being permanently wiped, oh potential drama.
Old 2011-06-21, 13:32   Link #86
cohen

Quote:

It was in a museum and the thugs stole it. I think that might have been the card slipped into Shark's deck.

Xyz, not Exceeds.
Old 2011-06-21, 13:36   Link #87
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

4Kids licensed this show, so why has the Licensed tag not been added yet?
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 16:04   Link #88
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Xyz = TCG pronunciation for it. Like Core-Chimail becoming "Koa'ki Meiru", Death to "Des", and so on.

Can clearly hear them pronouncing a D at the end in anime.

And no, Chaos End Ruler is not real and probably never will be. If it does, it'll end up either banned long before it comes out, making it little more than a collector's item, or it will so horribly nerfed that people won't ever want to touch it.
Old 2011-06-21, 16:08   Link #89
cohen

... Kevin Tewart confirmed it is Xyz in every format possible. If you don't want to listen to the head of R&D who has been involved in the mechanic development for over a year, then don't. Just let it be known you look really stupid to be using a fake translation a friend of mine brought to the Yugioh world. Even he admits Xyz is right over Exceed. At least listen to him, Ark.
Old 2011-06-21, 16:10   Link #90
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Considering the anime itself, in Japanese, is clearly saying it otherwise...and I'm not exactly a bit Tewart fan...yeah...
Old 2011-06-21, 16:13   Link #91
cohen

The people who brought us Exceed admit to being wrong though. So by using Exceed, you are going on with a false translation those who made admit is false.

Xyz is pronounced ik-zeez. With a Japanese accent, this can make it sound like there is a d at the end.
Old 2011-06-21, 16:15   Link #92
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Well, I don't know the exact source as there are tons of sources out there that I've seen. Unless VJMP or WJMP or something come out and say it rather than just people on a website, it'll be hard to believe otherwise.
Old 2011-06-21, 16:18   Link #93
cohen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Well, I don't know the exact source as there are tons of sources out there that I've seen. Unless VJMP or WJMP or something come out and say it rather than just people on a website, it'll be hard to believe otherwise.
Thing is, I happen to know exactly who came up with Exceed. They are Dark Evangel on NeoArkadia on Pojo. Both admit to it being a wrong interpretation of the Japanese words. While Exceed is very easy to get out of there, one would need insider access t know it was Xyz, which is why we got Exceed, In reality, it was Xyz all along.

Why would VJump or WJump publish something in English? Konami is telling us what it is, what does it matter where it is from? Konami in America = Konami in Japan. A mechanic name wouldn't be changed.
Old 2011-06-21, 16:34   Link #94
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

I happen to have seen it other places so, again, it's hard to say who the ACTUAL source is as they're just 2 people from 1 site among TONS.
Old 2011-06-21, 16:42   Link #95
cohen

Well, Ark isn't actually from Pojo, the site he is from is pretty secret. But people usually get information from him. Or Dark Evangel. Remember, pojo is the biggest Yugioh forum it seems, big enough to get Kevin and other Konami reps to be members there.

Perhaps if you divulge your "many" sources, I could better explain why Exceed is false.

EDIT: Don't say shrek either, he gets info from Ark and Dark Evangel.
Old 2011-07-05, 22:52   Link #96
cohen

What episode was I on last? Don't know for sure, but episode 13 peeked some major interests.

All the episodes are up on these guys.

http://www.dailymotion.com/TeamCatshark#videoId=xjqg2i
Old 2011-07-06, 05:47   Link #97
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Holly cow! The subbing speed is really fast now. I'm supprise that episode 13 was subbed before I even download the raw.
Old 2011-07-15, 00:56   Link #98
ShiroiRyu

We have our Kaiba in 13-14 ...
And look at that ...
The first number with level 8. XD
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 01:07   Link #99
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
We have our Kaiba in 13-14 ...
And look at that ...
The first number with level 8. XD
You meant Galaxy-eyes Photon Dragon? That card isn't a exceed monster. And of course it's not a Number card
Old 2011-07-15, 10:55   Link #100
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

PHSW-JP011
Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
Light/Dragon/8/3000/2500
You can Special Summon this card from your hand by Tributing 2 monsters you control with an ATK strength of 2000 or more. When a monster battles this card, you can remove from play that monster during the Battle Step. Return that monster to the field at the end of the Battle Phase. If that monster is an Xyz Monster, increase the ATK strength of this card by 500 points for each Xyz Material Monster it had when it was removed from play.
Ultra/Ultimate/Holographic Rare

Anime version was also a Special Summon-only last I saw too. ("This card can only be Special Summoned by...".)

Also, while Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon is an obvious BEWD ode, Kaito himself reminds me more of Jack Atlus or, even greater, Paradox from the movie.