Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-22, 04:59   Link #1861
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I wonder, would Blizzard try to change the game title in a future sequel? As it is, Diablo is sort of forced into being the final boss of the non-expansion game because his face and name is on the front cover. Being the strongest of 7 evils is not THAT special. Not to mention he gets upstaged by the expansion boss anyway. If they want to make sequels, but they don't want to shoehorn Diablo into the game AGAIN via resurrection, they might have to change the name of the game to Sanctuary.
nothing wrong with that anyway. then we can expand into Nephalem baddies
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 05:03   Link #1862
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I wonder, would Blizzard try to change the game title in a future sequel? As it is, Diablo is sort of forced into being the final boss of the non-expansion game because his face and name is on the front cover. Being the strongest of 7 evils is not THAT special. Not to mention he gets upstaged by the expansion boss anyway. If they want to make sequels, but they don't want to shoehorn Diablo into the game AGAIN via resurrection, they might have to change the name of the game to Sanctuary.
Didn't they said it somewhere that this one will be the last one, and the next one will be in the whole new concept world instead? It was long before the Diablo 3 beta started, so I don't remember much.
Old 2012-05-22, 05:31   Link #1863
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
nothing wrong with that anyway. then we can expand into Nephalem baddies
Not to mention having Diablo being killed so many times weakens his mystique. I think this is as far as Diablo can go. If he comes back again, he would be too much of a laughing stock. Note that Blizzard tried to make light of his past defeats by making him lose in 1 and 2 intentionally.
Old 2012-05-22, 05:47   Link #1864
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Apparently there's another 'Secret' Level in Diablo where you get to fight monstrous Aberration of the Development Staffs

Appropriately named 'Development Hell'.

Its not really a secret level I already did it in nightmare act 1. Was funny too see how many people worked for the game, and you get a achivement at the end for killing this Jay guy.

I think Diablo 3 is the end for the main games, will probably be 2 expansions.
Old 2012-05-22, 05:50   Link #1865
FateAnomaly

Going through the storyline i feel as if Blizzard wanted to cut all ties to the past to create a new story.
How is it that all those times before they can only trap him in soulstone but this time he get killed for good when he supposedly got stronger?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 06:14   Link #1866
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Server is down again. And Blizzard say they don't even have an ETA.

If they keep this up, the real money auction house will fail. How would you bid for an item in the final hour if there is a chance the auction would be frozen via a day of maintenance? When an auction only lasts 2 days? And Blizzard didn't even have the curtsey to tell us the server is down in their Server Status site.
Old 2012-05-22, 06:21   Link #1867
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So when I started Act IV Nightmare, I realized something about fighting Iskatu that made me change my loadout from anti-boss abilities (Teleport) and equipped my Wizard with Archon instead. Here's what I managed to achieve:

Shame some champions killed me 2 minutes into Archon Form when I got out of the arena, but seeing that on my Archon timer is still hilarious to me

Now currently in Hell Act 1. Killing the Skeleton King with a party is actually quite tiresome

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 07:58   Link #1868
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Going through the storyline i feel as if Blizzard wanted to cut all ties to the past to create a new story.
How is it that all those times before they can only trap him in soulstone but this time he get killed for good when he supposedly got stronger?
Because Diablo 3's protagonist is a legendary Super Saiy.... I mean, The Last Nephalem Hero.
Diablo was at his strongest this time around, but then came plothax... I mean, the Nepahlem hero who is stronger than any before him. You are literally playing the role of Goku.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Didn't they said it somewhere that this one will be the last one, and the next one will be in the whole new concept world instead? It was long before the Diablo 3 beta started, so I don't remember much.
Hack and Slash with StraCraft universe! Kerrigan would fit right in considering Andariel was a carbon copy of her.
Old 2012-05-22, 08:06   Link #1869
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Out of curiosity, is anybody finding the death animations funny? I think the best one I saw was when a Molten Champion punch-killed a Monk, and as he screamed his death cry, his smouldering corpse sailed in a perfect arc over my Wizard. It was kinda amusing at that time. "Epic Death."

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-22, 09:48   Link #1870
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Out of curiosity, is anybody finding the death animations funny? I think the best one I saw was when a Molten Champion punch-killed a Monk, and as he screamed his death cry, his smouldering corpse sailed in a perfect arc over my Wizard. It was kinda amusing at that time. "Epic Death."

Cheers.
Gotta love physics death animations. It seems 50% of his deaths my DH does a side aerial and perfectly lands in a split on his balls - ouch.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:07   Link #1871
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I just wandered into a cave full of... chickens.

I've never seen this dungeon before, there's so many neat side-quests in the game
Old 2012-05-22, 11:11   Link #1872
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I just wandered into a cave full of... chickens.

I've never seen this dungeon before, there's so many neat side-quests in the game
Yeah, I wondered about that too. It said "Fowl Dungeon" and immediately read it as "Foul Dungeon". Then I descended and then realized why it was spelled the former way

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:19   Link #1873
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Progressing steadily through Inferno Act II on my barbarian (we struggled a lot a few days ago). I stacked All resist and use +50% resist shout and it granted me much of the survivability I needed.

I found out that monks using the quickening bug (quickening ruin + sweeping wind) are ridiculously overpowered.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 11:19   Link #1874
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I've been wondering, does status on hit (as chance to fear on hit, stun on hit, etc) apply to your skill? I found the chance percentage is quite low compares to Diablo 2, so that could explain the reason.
Old 2012-05-22, 11:39   Link #1875
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Just hit Lvl-59 and still in Hell-A2. Taking my time to slowly gear up in preparation for Act-3 and beyond. Having a shield equipped is doing wonders for my survivability. Kiting with Disintegrate is tricky though... but the versatility of the spell is too good to pass. Currently only have two offensive spells. Hydra and Disintegrate.

Wish I could use the cool spells like Meteor, but my damage output would be gimped too much. Need better gear first...

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-22, 12:31   Link #1876
Nixl

Have any of you tried the heavy Smoke Screen Demon Hunter builds?

One can basically never take damage with Smoke Screen up and all the while being allowed to attack freely. All your abilities/runes focus on discipline regeneration/conversion and you can essentially spam smoke screen to an extent.

I am only level 33, but looking at the higher level runes/perks, I'll have more than enough discipline to keep up smokescreen for a long time. Assuming Blizzard does not nerf it, I can see Demon Hunter being a prime Inferno character.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 12:49   Link #1877
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Arcane jailer knockback, I get destroyed by them waaaaa. Im too slow at responding to the arcane, and when I try to dodge I get jailed, then I get knocked. So hard :/
Old 2012-05-22, 14:00   Link #1878
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Hack and Slash with StraCraft universe! Kerrigan would fit right in considering Andariel was a carbon copy of her. :heh:
I for one wouldn't mind seeing that - or, for that matter, any ARPG that steps out of a purely-fantasy setting (both Torchlight titles do infuse their fantasy settings with a touch of steampunk). The only example I can think of would be Space Siege. Surely the idea would have occurred to someone at Blizzard, right?

Or, for that matter, Games Workshop and Relic (I wonder how hard it would be to take the core mechanics of Dawn of War 2 and spawn an ARPG from them)...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 16:38   Link #1879
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Or, for that matter, Games Workshop and Relic (I wonder how hard it would be to take the core mechanics of Dawn of War 2 and spawn an ARPG from them)...
That is a really cool concept, I would love to play as Elder commander or a Chaos marine. Sadly, I don't think they ever will, they will just keep to RTS which isn't bad as I enjoyed DoW1.

Just found a set piece, helm really nice for monks, sadly as I am a witch doctor it was useless, got 450k for it though
Old 2012-05-22, 17:23   Link #1880
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Still can't get my gemmed helmet back. I'm seriously angry about it at this point. I can only get (very rare) chipped gem drops at this point, and that was a full ruby, not a chipped, and it's lost to me forever. Combine that with my absolutely horrid luck with item drops regardless of my magic find equips...

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler