AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 12:29   Link #1141
ykf566

Quote:
Wow, well, that doesn't really leave Kuro any leeway to win and look good in your isn't it.
I am perfectly fine with any of Achiga getting their moment to shine but this seems to be Toki's final chance. Achiga looks more and more likely to reach the finals, in which case this will be Toki final match (and final year). Any moment for Achiga to shine they can still do in the finals.

This match has it told almost entirely in the perspective of Toki, she is essentially the "main character" in this match. Given the set up and circumstances, and how she's going to extreme lengths to try and do something (and factoring in popularity) it seems like a slap in the face should her moment to shine be taken by the true main character. Kuro can have her crowning moment of awesome, what worries me is if it overshadows Toki. Just how i feel.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 12:34   Link #1142
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
Exactly, she's not doing anything, she's not even fully aware of what's going on. Toki is pretty much endangering her own life trying to do something. Yet if Kuro is the one who gets the crowning moment of awesome simply becauses she's a main character through whatever means, it leaves me with a very bad aftertaste. Not to mention this will probably be Toki's last match.
Toki already got her chance to dominate, and she has spent this entire match fighting with a level of perseverance and tenacity that would make Iskandar proud, and even if Kuro does get the final blow, it will be only because Toki tells her to do so. Kuro can take off her clothes and jump on Teru and people will still be saluting Toki (and Kirame) as the heroes mahjong deserves.

The only way this could end up in an infuriating manner is if Kuro believes she did it all on her own, "finding" a weakness in Toki's hand or something like that. That would be plain stupid and would go against all the awesomeness that Toki and Kirame have been pulling out since the beginning. The idea should be that they all join forces to fight a seemingly undefeatable foe, not one moron leaving the table going "wai, go me!" and getting free hugs while the others end in the losers' bench or the hospital.

Also, this is so a shounen series now.
-OP final boss
-Bro character taking the hits for the team
-Powerful good guy risking life by going beyond the limits of her own power
-In the end, the seemingly useless, good-hearted character is the key to salvation

I'm sure there's a specific series that does all this, but the name doesn't come to me right now.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 15:58   Link #1143
boffyee

when will we know if Kiyosumi pass to the final ?
boffyee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 16:04   Link #1144
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I thought we already meta knew?

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 21:45   Link #1145
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I thought we already meta knew?

"Not confirmed until seen."
Old 2012-06-11, 22:02   Link #1146
Requiem-x
The slacking one

While not nearly as thought provoking as the revelation of Kuro's posible future usefulness, here's a new image that might be of interest to some of you here.

Spoiler for Warning: NSFW:
Old 2012-06-11, 23:06   Link #1147
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
While not nearly as thought provoking as the revelation of Kuro's posible future usefulness, here's a new image that might be of interest to some of you here.

Me: Vulcan me to death before I die as a lolicon...
W0: YES SIR!
*W0 vulcan'd me to death*

Me: I thus now die with NO REGRETS!!! *Dies*

A few minutes later revived again.

Back on topic,
But Toki is sick. Sick people can't run as effectively as normal people.
I would train in jogging... (I am slow in running. )

While you guys are at it, Question which may be off topic but related...

Q. Knight of 1(From Code Geass)'s Geass is what ability? How effective is it? Then how about Innovators(00 series)'s ability?
Reason for asking this: It may be related to Toki's 1 turn/2 turn/3 turn ahead skill as Toki's ability to look some turns ahead is considered on and off. Not subjecting to constant geass activation.(a.k.a constant 3 turns ahead.)
Old 2012-06-12, 15:01   Link #1148
King-Slayer

Quote:

This is another reason to love Saki training camps
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 18:00   Link #1149
Requiem-x
The slacking one

If you're getting tired of these, I can stop till the full thing comes out.

Spoiler for Bonds of people are the true power:
Old 2012-06-12, 19:56   Link #1150
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
If you're getting tired of these, I can stop till the full thing comes out.

Spoiler for Bonds of people are the true power:
She is in despair... (2nd image.) Your fault ex-

*Kicks ex- out of the car.*
Old 2012-06-12, 20:27   Link #1151
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
She is in despair... (2nd image.) Your fault ex-

*Kicks ex- out of the car.*
Actually, that's the tear of happiness.

Spoiler for Detail:
Old 2012-06-12, 20:41   Link #1152
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Actually, that's the tear of happiness.

Spoiler for Detail:
Oo... But still nvm all is still in despair...I mean, who the heck can stop the true despair girl that is Teru?(I demand ex- to defeat her in a mahjong fight.)

Mission 11: The True despair. (Key Mission.)
Player: Kuro's Dragon Gundam
Supports: Toki's 00 Gundam(0 Raiser infinite time.), Subara's Astray Gold Frame Amatsu.

Target: Teru's Extreme Gundam Tachyon phase(Kai)

Objective: Defeat the final boss/Time runs out. Fail if any one of the allies or yourself die.
Note: A Crossbone Gundam X-2 Kai will spawn every 30sec. But all will be used to heal Teru's unit. Careful. While an Exia will spawn at the same time to heal you or your supports. ex- will join in as neutral and will hit either side.

Teru: Still standing? I will make sure you will not stand after this. Prepare yourself.

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-12 at 22:23.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 21:33   Link #1153
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Objective: Defeat the final boss/Time runs out. Fail if any one of the allies or yourself die.
And the mission just became impossible. Honestly, even if Toki survives, would Ryuuka let her get close to Teru again? Toki would not make it a second time around, that is for sure.

By the way, in case someone here doesn't know, it seems
Spoiler for Their bodies are not ready (especially Toki's):
Old 2012-06-12, 21:50   Link #1154
Sol Falling

Quote:
And the mission just became impossible. Honestly, even if Toki survives, would Ryuuka let her get close to Teru again? Toki would not make it a second time around, that is for sure.

At a one chapter per episode pacing, given that the match in the manga is continuing on into ch. 12 as well, I thought this was a given.

The rest of this match is gonna be tight. I think the key to Achiga's chance at second place is clear now: whereas in the Quarterfinals, the gap between Senriyama and Achiga was something like 90,000, and the vast majority of it came from the difference in performance between Toki and Kuro (Kuro going about -40000, and Toki going about +40000), here in the Semifinals since Teru has been spreading her domination out pretty evenly the gap between Senriyama and Achiga will likely be less than ~15000. Even though it was established through the rest of the matches that Senriyama's other players are still overall probably stronger than Achiga, ~15000 is a much more manageable gap than 80000. Now, provided that Yuu and Ako don't perform too badly compared to their previous runs against Senriyama--the match is gonna come down to the Vice-Captain and Captain matches with Shizuno and Arata.

Arata still hasn't shown her ability yet, so I think we can expect a good performance from her. This will probably be the key to setting the stage. Finally, the climax will come down to Shizuno, but with Shiraitodai likely being 100000+ points ahead and everyone else about even, it'll probably be possible for her to pull out some last minute miracle and come from behind for some second place victory.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 22:14   Link #1155
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
At a one chapter per episode pacing, given that the match in the manga is continuing on into ch. 12 as well, I thought this was a given.

The rest of this match is gonna be tight. I think the key to Achiga's chance at second place is clear now: whereas in the Quarterfinals, the gap between Senriyama and Achiga was something like 90,000, and the vast majority of it came from the difference in performance between Toki and Kuro (Kuro going about -40000, and Toki going about +40000), here in the Semifinals since Teru has been spreading her domination out pretty evenly the gap between Senriyama and Achiga will likely be less than ~15000. Even though it was established through the rest of the matches that Senriyama's other players are still overall probably stronger than Achiga, ~15000 is a much more manageable gap than 80000. Now, provided that Yuu and Ako don't perform too badly compared to their previous runs against Senriyama--the match is gonna come down to the Vice-Captain and Captain matches with Shizuno and Arata.

Arata still hasn't shown her ability yet, so I think we can expect a good performance from her. This will probably be the key to setting the stage. Finally, the climax will come down to Shizuno, but with Shiraitodai likely being 100000+ points ahead and everyone else about even, it'll probably be possible for her to pull out some last minute miracle and come from behind for some second place victory.
It should be a given, but it's always nice to get confirmation. Besides, additional episodes aren't an everyday happening in anime, so who knows what could've been.

About the other subject, Yuu and Ako shouldn't have that many issues against Senriyama sine at least Yuu's style is slightly less predictable, and Ako is at least good enough to put a fight against Sera, my only concern is Arata and whether she'll be able to pull off her power, whatever it might be. However, there are some unknown factors, mainly, if the rest of shiraitodai is team rocket or team Toguro. Sumire should be a Yumi level player at the very worst and Awai could be one big surprise in wait of us all, but the other two are total enigmas. Also, there's shindouji to consider, which could put a pretty decent fight, after all, they're going from weakest to strongest.

While I have no doubt it will all come down to Shizu, the way we get there could be very unexpected.

Having said that, I'd really like if Shiraitodai does turn out to be a den of monsters, mantain total domain over the game, and then Shizu decides to go all out against Awai, taking whatever chance she might have to strike at her, as some way of saying "we're sick of playing prey, it's time to attack the big fish!". I know might sound similar to what Kuro could do next chapter, but I think it would leave a bigger impression with Shizu since she'd most likely not spend the entire match sobbing and whimpering when she isn't dazed and confused.
Old 2012-06-12, 22:21   Link #1156
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:

I have done that before... Its easy to beat when such case happen. Get her to aim you while you run and hit. (Let the timer run out is the main thing.)

But then again, Ryuuka and Toki are 3rd year already right?

Also, we have to tahan 3 episodes of TERU TIME! Condition of the train in manga: 10000km/s.

This is what I will do.. Unless they don't follow Kuro Command, they will attack Teru's unit. So I will have to lure Teru in to let her hit Kuro.(Note: That thing deals increasing damage per hit.)
After that I run while hitting( To keep making her focus on me), until timer runs out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

"Not proven that Shiraitodai's points stay further than 100000+ points ahead until seen." Who knows what will happen during the semis.

Thats why a pro is needed to even out(Because she wants to make sure all goes negative.), and I think Teru is gonna do another overkill again... (Beyond 400k)

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-12 at 22:41.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 08:57   Link #1157
azziz

Spoiler for saki chap.98:
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 09:00   Link #1158
Qilin
Romanticist

^ Damn. Her onee-san must be so proud of her.

Last edited by Qilin; 2012-06-13 at 09:17.
Qilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 09:01   Link #1159
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
I couldn't see the picture. Is this the picture that you wanted to show to us?
Spoiler:

Seriously, are those two sisters really human?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 09:07   Link #1160
tsunade666

Is that the last page for chapter 98 of Saki and their is still no full raw for Saki and Side-A yet? full of interesting pictures but still no full detail yet. Saki is taking her sweet time to play around while her sister just dominates the round.

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri