AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-23, 13:41   Link #541
Diveman

IIRC Raetsel is someone Jin met as a child, so yeah.

PD: ALSO now I just hit me, Jikugawa likes Apple juice and his nickname is Newton...you know like Newton's Apple. I'm a genius.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 18:42   Link #542
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Digging the new opening
Old 2013-09-24, 15:57   Link #543
kuromitsu

Pretty epic OP, though it's a bit more disjointed than the first and second...

Points of interest:
1) in b4 Reitzel is actually a white haired pretty boy Kaito stood up at one point XDD
2) had to laugh at the scene of Freecell & Rook shaking hands, it was like "let's have a fair fight and the winner gets to 'do puzzle' with Kaito!"
3) tiny Nonoha! so cute
4) HERBERT!
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 05:03   Link #544
Rima-Chan
lurker

They have basically collected whole cast from previous seasons trowed in few new antagonists to close gap left by some of the first characters that appeared but ended up forgotten (Jin and probably Baron along the way)
And we may finally find out mystery behind who real parents of Rook and Kaito are and why and how they ended up the way they did. (the picture of the lady that briefly appears in OP looks so similar to Rook it's almost screaming that it's his mom)

If I were to judge from the OP focus of this season (which is pretty jumbled up this time) I guess Kaito won't be entirely center of the attention. Other characters may get fleshed out for the change But original main cast.....I don't know :/ Nonoha just seem like she will keep fading into background. Anna will stay resident airhead with periodic profound insights. Gammon will stay Gammon (and continue to break Elena's heart as it looks xD) and Cubic....Will stay Cubic xD
I hope they get fleshed out more, along with others too T__T and some things actually get resolved.
Also, what the fudge role will Herbert play this time xD
And I guess we're not done with Orpheus magic jewelry yet and mysteries of Phi Brain xD
Rima-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 09:20   Link #545
Diveman

as long as the author doesn't pull a Naruto (only Kaito getting to fight) I'm ok with this. I'm rather interesting on seeing the Orpheus Order fight against the new villians or team up with Kaito's harem.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 19:56   Link #546
LKK

No big surprise, but Crunchyroll announced that it will stream season 3.
Quote:
... starting on Wednesday October 9 at 12:00 pm Pacific Time ... will be available to Crunchyroll’s audience in North America.
[Source]

I gave up early on season 2 due to a perceived lack of Nanoha. I'll probably do the same thing for season 3. I'm depending on you guys to let me know if Nanoha has any substantial air time.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 06:39   Link #547
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
No big surprise, but Crunchyroll announced that it will stream season 3.
[Source]

I gave up early on season 2 due to a perceived lack of Nanoha. I'll probably do the same thing for season 3. I'm depending on you guys to let me know if Nanoha has any substantial air time.
Going by the reactions (and screenshots) at 2ch I don't think we should expect much, apparently Satou Junichi wasn't joking with that tweet about Rook taking a heroine position while Nonoha is slipping from it. (AT LEAST MAKE HIM YANDERE AGAIN...)

Oh well, we'll see soon enough. At this point I'm hoping for lots of screentime for Nakata's character.

---

ep 1

Oh my god Nakata Jouji and Fujiwara Keiji in the same scene! Aaaaahhhh.... (If Hayami Shou shows up I'm officially dead.)

Spoiler for ep 1:

The OP is as we know epic, and the ending song is.... sung by the Genius Terrace group, ie. Kaito, Nonoha, Gammon, Ana & Cubic. Aawwww.
Old 2013-10-06, 10:56   Link #548
mayumi

^ Thanks for the update. Now I can ignore the series until they do something significant with Nonoha. If they don't well then no problem. I won't be watching it though.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 13:33   Link #549
kuromitsu

I'd at least watch the episode if I were you, it's really fun. And the ending song is so cute. >o<) (Yes, I'm probably very biased, but I can just see the characters singing it and it's so adorable. And Nonoha's seiyuu, Shimizu Kaori, has a very good voice.)
Old 2013-10-06, 15:34   Link #550
melina_putri

From Crunchyroll story summary and the CM, it seems Season 3 will be the last season of Phi Brain.

Assuming that is true, I wonder the story will progress...
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 17:18   Link #551
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Ohhhhh it's so nice to see everyone from this anime again, I love Rook and Freecell making appearances and welcome any screen time they get Seems like 2 different stories are unfolding between the main characters and the side characters which I really liked, everyone gets they're own moment to shine in the anime
Old 2013-10-06, 22:33   Link #552
Birdway
Banned

Cool opening, one of the best of the season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZjjkwVZddU

Last edited by Birdway; 2013-10-06 at 22:57.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 12:34   Link #553
Amario

Isn't this an unbeatable team Kaito, Rook and Freecell pretty much can destroy everyone by themselves. xD

So Jin is going to be made as the true antagonist?
Amario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 12:53   Link #554
kuromitsu

Spoiler for ep 2:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-10-13 at 14:30. Reason: apparently I can't count
Old 2013-10-20, 18:38   Link #555
bastek66

Bald Jin... Now I've seen everything
Old 2013-10-21, 12:33   Link #556
Rima-Chan
lurker

Seeing previews with uncharacteristically jolly (and bald) Jin kind of scared me xD
I was like "What the hell is going on here!?!?! xDDD", but thank God, that guy was a fake TuT
Rima-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-21, 16:35   Link #557
kuromitsu

That's not Makata Jin - it's MASAKA JIN. XDDD Oh god, this episode was so good, fake!Jin was hilariously creepy as he skipped around the school and whatnot, and as predicted Koyasu ate the scenery, spat it out and chewed it again. XD

Next time it's Cubic's episode it seems...
Old 2013-10-21, 20:32   Link #558
Miraluka
Banned

Its Kefka!!!

Who is in charge of the end cards?

The guy who ask artist to make them is awesome
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-02, 12:19   Link #559
kitten320

I don't understand why they have such hard time accepting that there could be 2 sides to Jin? There is side that Kaito knows and seen but there is also time when Kaito had not seen Jin what means anything could have happened.
Old 2013-11-03, 07:24   Link #560
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I don't understand why they have such hard time accepting that there could be 2 sides to Jin? There is side that Kaito knows and seen but there is also time when Kaito had not seen Jin what means anything could have happened.
Probably because they never saw that other side. Kaito saw the puzzle-loving side, while Raetsel saw the puzzle-hating side. Thus, they are unable to imagine that both sides could be true.

But I wonder if both Raetsel and Jin hadn't been brainwashed to think this, so they could become pawns for the Master Brains and Amgina.

And seriously, Cubic couldn't solve a puzzle on his own, let alone one that was straight up his alley? Also, would the field have become bigger if Kaito hadn't intervened? If so, could the solution still have been found that way?