Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-03-04, 10:10   Link #1961
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigulay View Post
now my turn

okay there's this anime involving mecha, it could be something between 1980-1995 not sure lol i used to watch as kid..

but the character can control the mecha with the movement of his body. It's Similar to Wataru but instead of standing on a dragon and holding onto the horns, this character stands on a 6 point star (Star of david) and does a motion with his hand (palm against side of fist) and "pulls" out a bright yellow light resembling a sword..

here's the pic of a card of it..

Spoiler for CARD OF ANIME =):
That's Madou King Granzort.
ANN's title is wrong btw. It's spelled Madou-oh, but read Madou-King.

It aired in between Wataru and Wataru 2, with the same animation staff. That's why it resembled Wataru.
(Even the same director and character designer)
Old 2007-03-05, 01:17   Link #1962
killuan.
Banned

Does anybody know the name of an anime that is like .Hack? However this anime portrays 3 people who are champion characters together in a party.

I think the main characters were high school classmates and they were very close. They would log into a world with characters that are champions.

Heh, vague description I know... but ive only seen one episode! Any help would be appreciated.
killuan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 01:07   Link #1963
ThoHell

there are 3 that I know of;
1) .hack//sign - emo but good
2) .hack//roots - pretty good
3) .hack//Legend of the twilight braclet - kidish
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 01:39   Link #1964
jpwong

There's also the .hack//Liminality that came with the games, but those are all .hack series rather than "like .hack".

If you've at least seen one episode, when you say "champions", do you mean like a warrior class? Do you mean like the champions of justice? Was there an evil villian or bad guy of the day?
Old 2007-03-06, 04:46   Link #1965
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i had a id question, i found these neath wallpapers this morning but i was wondering from what series they were from (im not even sure if it is a series, could be a game)

heres one of the wallpapers, the title is in the above corner but i couldnt read it, its in kanji

-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 05:01   Link #1966
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
i had a id question, i found these neath wallpapers this morning but i was wondering from what series they were from (im not even sure if it is a series, could be a game)

heres one of the wallpapers, the title is in the above corner but i couldnt read it, its in kanji

Byousoku 5 Centimeter

ADD] You can read the 13-page thread here. It's quite popular due to the fame of the director.

Cheers.
Old 2007-03-06, 14:12   Link #1967
killuan.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
There's also the .hack//Liminality that came with the games, but those are all .hack series rather than "like .hack".

If you've at least seen one episode, when you say "champions", do you mean like a warrior class? Do you mean like the champions of justice? Was there an evil villian or bad guy of the day?
Classes such as... Warrior/Mage.. etc. I believe the anime is similar to .Hack, however, it is not a sequel, or part of the franchise that is .hack. With just having seen one episode, I cant really tell whether they where heroes of Justice, or just over-powered protagonists... but yea, hope that helped.^_^
Old 2007-03-06, 14:20   Link #1968
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killuan. View Post
Classes such as... Warrior/Mage.. etc. I believe the anime is similar to .Hack, however, it is not a sequel, or part of the franchise that is .hack. With just having seen one episode, I cant really tell whether they where heroes of Justice, or just over-powered protagonists... but yea, hope that helped.^_^
There are few other online game related anime other than .hack...
Master of Epic The Animation Age, and RAGNAROK THE ANIMATION.

Neither of them fits your description though.

More importantly... are you sure that is the premise of the show?
And not just using online gaming as a joke material for one episode, like NHK ni Youkoso episode 16?

Last edited by aohige; 2007-03-06 at 14:30.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 02:44   Link #1969
killuan.
Banned

demi.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...HAHHHHAAAA.jpg

was thinking Dai Mahou Touge, but im not quite sure. Thanks in advance!
Old 2007-03-08, 22:31   Link #1970
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Question

I am trying to find the name of an anime from most probably 80s (most probably not reaching to early 90s, but still possible). I don't remember many things about it, unfortunately.

The following information is not guaranteed for 100% accuracy: It is most probably a movie (I remember my family renting it as a single video tape). It was a dramatic anime. The story was about the struggles of a lonely kid (a boy). It was most probably passing in Europe, or it was giving that impression. The kid might have a pet with him (possibly a dog). Its Latin name might have only one word (the name of the kid). And, if it affected me as a dramatic story, so it is highly possible that the kid dies at the end of the anime.

I checked Anidb, checked most of the anime movies starting from the late 70s and ending at the early 90s. Unless I missed it, then it is most probably not listed there. If anyone remembers any info on that, I would be really glad if you can share that. And, thanks in advance...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 22:46   Link #1971
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I am trying to find the name of an anime from most probably 80s (most probably not reaching to early 90s, but still possible). I don't remember many things about it, unfortunately.

The following information is not guaranteed for 100% accuracy: It is most probably a movie (I remember my family renting it as a single video tape). It was a dramatic anime. The story was about the struggles of a lonely kid (a boy). It was most probably passing in Europe, or it was giving that impression. The kid might have a pet with him (possibly a dog). Its Latin name might have only one word (the name of the kid). And, if it affected me as a dramatic story, so it is highly possible that the kid dies at the end of the anime.

I checked Anidb, checked most of the anime movies starting from the late 70s and ending at the early 90s. Unless I missed it, then it is most probably not listed there. If anyone remembers any info on that, I would be really glad if you can share that. And, thanks in advance...
Ok, so... the only descrition you have is that it's a dramatic emotional anime with a kid and a dog? Uh, can you provide a bit more information than that? Like... what the story is about? Was he looking for his mother? Was it mostly about the friendship between him and the dog?

There are several in the World Masterpiece Theater series that might fit your description... such as Dog of Flanders, or 3000 Miles looking for mother (Dagli Appennini alle Ande).

If it's Dog of Flanders, The main character's name is Nero, and he has a dog named Patrache .
It is a very depressing, dramatic story. Much of the anime is actually original story line, covering what happened to Nero before where the original novel took place.

There are two versions of this anime.
The 1975 TV series, and the 1992 theatrical remake. The one you are looking for maybe the theatrical remake.
Click here to check.
Old 2007-03-08, 23:34   Link #1972
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Ok, so... the only descrition you have is that it's a dramatic emotional anime with a kid and a dog? Uh, can you provide a bit more information than that? Like... what the story is about? Was he looking for his mother? Was it mostly about the friendship between him and the dog?
It is possible that there is a woman involved (it can be his mother, she might be dead, or missing, or another woman might be involved, so many possibilities since I don't remember any further), and similarly, he might be searching for someone. I've checked the animes you have mentioned, neither seem to be correct (in terms of the characters, stories, and the dates).
Old 2007-03-09, 00:24   Link #1973
miaka

Quote:

maybe its movie version of "3000 Miles looking for mother" a.k.a. "Marco" . However, Marco don't have a pet dog but a small monkey.
link to official site here for more pictures
miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 02:14   Link #1974
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
It is possible that there is a woman involved (it can be his mother, she might be dead, or missing, or another woman might be involved, so many possibilities since I don't remember any further)
With a kid, a dog, a sad story and a mother search involved, the only I could think of was Meiken Jolie, in Europe "Belle and Sebastien". However, it's a tv series and not a movie.
Old 2007-03-09, 10:06   Link #1975
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/5606/gothlingup8.jpg
Anyone know where this is from.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 11:14   Link #1976
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaka View Post
maybe its movie version of "3000 Miles looking for mother" a.k.a. "Marco" . However, Marco don't have a pet dog but a small monkey.
link to official site here for more pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
With a kid, a dog, a sad story and a mother search involved, the only I could think of was Meiken Jolie, in Europe "Belle and Sebastien". However, it's a tv series and not a movie.
Sorry, neither seem to match. Although the animation style seems familiar (for Marco), the one I am trying to find is from the 80s and it is a movie long.

It seems, once again, I have to check in detail all the animes, this time starting from the 70s, in both anidb and animenewsnetwork sites. Luckily, weekend is coming...
Old 2007-03-10, 15:37   Link #1977
Ravage

Quote:
Sorry, neither seem to match. Although the animation style seems familiar (for Marco), the one I am trying to find is from the 80s and it is a movie long.

It seems, once again, I have to check in detail all the animes, this time starting from the 70s, in both anidb and animenewsnetwork sites. Luckily, weekend is coming...
It's gotta be about Remi(Alone on the world), so one of these I guess?
Ie Naki Ko, Ie Naki Ko Remi or Chibikko Remi to Meiken Kapi.

It sounds a lot like the famous Remi book at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killuan. View Post
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...HAHHHHAAAA.jpg

was thinking Dai Mahou Touge, but im not quite sure. Thanks in advance!
It looks a lot like the Dai Mahou Touge style, but I think it might be from one of the Fairy Musketeer Akazukin episodes.
Not 100% sure though, but I remember seeing an ep with that scene not too long ago in some series.
Ravage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-12, 16:14   Link #1978
Mr JeburtO

OK well this may be a very vauge description of the anime i saw but bare with me it was over 10 years ago.

well basicly all i can remember is a guy who looked like m. bison (or equally leathered up with a military cap on),

and for the story all i can remember is that he would draw, well i suppose you would call them satanic stars, on the floor. i know this is VERY vague but an over riding image i have is at the end of the movie hes riding a giant stingray of somekind =/

to labour a point i know this is very VERY vague but for nostalgia reasons i wanna know what this anime. this is one of the first animes i watched with my dad (next to akira and guyver) and i really wanna no what it is so i can relive my childhood
Mr JeburtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-13, 12:59   Link #1979
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr JeburtO View Post
OK well this may be a very vauge description of the anime i saw but bare with me it was over 10 years ago.

well basicly all i can remember is a guy who looked like m. bison (or equally leathered up with a military cap on),

and for the story all i can remember is that he would draw, well i suppose you would call them satanic stars, on the floor. i know this is VERY vague but an over riding image i have is at the end of the movie hes riding a giant stingray of somekind =/

to labour a point i know this is very VERY vague but for nostalgia reasons i wanna know what this anime. this is one of the first animes i watched with my dad (next to akira and guyver) and i really wanna no what it is so i can relive my childhood

Teito Monogatari. Released in U.S. as Doomed Megalopolis.

Based on the famous novel of the same name.
There's a manga and a live-action movie based on it as well.

Street Fighter's Vega (M.Bison in U.S.) is a parody of the villain Katou from Teito Monogatari.
Although those unfamilier with it sometimes think that they ripped off Street Fighter, it's actually other way around.
Old 2007-03-13, 18:39   Link #1980
Mr JeburtO

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY i love you
Mr JeburtO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel