AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-07-13, 04:38   Link #9081
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
None of the other Celestial Spirits would ever do this.
Remember what happened when Loki bailed on Karen? Lucy's situation wasn't too different this time around...

Still, the thing I hate the most is not Minerva nor Aquarius, it's the rest of Sabertooth laughing their asses off as if this is some sort of entertainment.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 06:13   Link #9082
classic

It looks like Lucy will leave the guild for some reason in the nearest future. Mashima use these losses to prepare her mental state for whatever part she will have in the Eclipse plan or may be something to do with Zeref and her mother or she will travel looking for the power boost. We already knew that Levy is adressing Lucy in her narrations.
If it was not for the future plot any of the FT members could have been in her place. And why people think that it is no sense for Natsu or Erza to lose??? I think it woudn`t be so bad for Natsu or Erza to lose once in the official match. It would be a fresh move which no one espected.
This chapter was also used to show how bad Minerva is cause she didn`t look so evil before. That is for future fight FT should have a reason to beat up her.

Last edited by classic; 2012-07-13 at 08:07.
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 06:27   Link #9083
Casshern

I'm not too upset about Minerva tbh. Natsu got off the hook too easily for his stunt with sabertooth, thanks to Minerva herself no less. There had to be some kind of retaliation for what he did and you could see it coming as soon as Minerva showed up.

I'm not too sure if Lucy will get a victory in this tournament either. I get the feeling that she's being molded into a tragic figure to make the events to come even more dramatic.

Sting is gonna get fucked.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 08:06   Link #9084
Lunarskylar

so with the 5 minute rule and minerva keeping lucy inside the water, does that mean Fairy Tail still gets 8 points?
Old 2012-07-13, 08:33   Link #9085
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
It looks like Lucy will leave the guild for some reason in the nearest future. Mashima use these losses to prepare her mental state for whatever part she will have in the Eclipse plan or may be something to do with Zeref and her mother or she will travel looking for the power boost. We already knew that Levy is adressing Lucy in her narrations.
If it was not for the future plot any of the FT members could have been on her place. And why people think that it is no sense for Natsu or Erza to lose??? I think it woudn`t be so bad for Natsu or Erza to lose once in the official match. It would be a fresh move that no one espected.
This chapter was also used to show how bad Minerva is cause she didn`t look so evil before. That is for future fight FT should have a reason to beat up Minerva.
after reading about that script from vol 32 dealing with lucy and zeref this is what I believe will happen in the future.
Spoiler for future of fairy tail:

that what I believe will happen in fairy tail.
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 09:01   Link #9086
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It makes you wonder, doesn't this kind of bullying reflect on Sabertooth's image as a guild? Who in their right mind would want a bunch of sadistic monsters with huge egos do any kind of job for them?
Well...they may be assholes but they should be quite good at completing missions. When choosing a guild for a mission you only have to worry about three things, the price, their skill and how professional they are about it.
Even if they are assholes, I'm sure that they are also professional enough to complete the mission effectively. They might even not be sadistic ego munchers toward their clients...who knows, they might be quite friendly and again professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
PS: I'm really getting tired of Aquarius. So far, she's the only spirit who doesn't seem to give a crap about Lucy. Basically, she's a bitch, and can't understand why Scorpio would actually date her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
Man for some reason i feel angry at Aquarius more so than Minverva.

I mean like what the hell. Of all the Celestial Spirits Lucy has she's the worst bitch you can ever find, running away when the situation appears to be unfavorable. And it's not like she was gonna lose or anything, she just does whatever she likes. Even so Lucy still trusts her and stuff.

None of the other Celestial Spirits would ever do this. Bitch made me finally rage against her.
Yes and Yes.
Aquarius little bitch act toward Lucy has been getting on my nerves for quite a while. Fuckin hell, if you have such a problem with getting summoned by her then break the contract...I pretty sure that Celestial Spirits, especially Golden Key ones aren't forced to make contracts with whoever has their keys. She could even tell Lucy "I'm ending our contract, get rid of my key" and Lucy would (after some drama) because she respects her spirits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
If I was her and had the keys back, the first thing I'd do is break the Aquarius key. The consequence of her refusing to help this time around has completely destroyed the running gag forever, this better lead to some char development of Aquarius because I don't find her bitching around funny anymore. She better show some serious guilt as well
I sincerely hope that Aquarius realizes how much shit she put Lucy in with her little act.
Sadly I have a feeling that it will be forgotten completely.

Quote:
Remember what happened when Loki bailed on Karen? Lucy's situation wasn't too different this time around...
Yea, what Aquarius did mirrors what Leo did, but unlike last time I have a feeling that this will be ignored and only be remembered as "Aquarius being a bitch again lol" rather than any kind of punishment being given to her...or even her feeling guilty about it.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind a short scene of Aquarius being scolded by Lucy's other spirits. Maybe even a very pissed off Leo being restrained by Capricorn.
Oh! Scorpio breaking up with her! That would be so sweeeeeeeet xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
The poor girl, just can't catch a break lately, but I think that there is a reason, why Mashima is doing such horrible things to her, and the most likely reason is to make her transition to "the dark side" (of course, assuming that Zeref is going to be a "bad guy"), a lot more smother, even if it's only going to be a temporary one - after all, if such humiliating events are going to keep happening to someone, any normal person would snap at some point, and it might be the thing that Mashima is aiming for...
I dunno if her leaving the guild (if it does happen) will be all that big of a deal. It'll probably be just a momentary thing she does to save someone or something like that. Yea we've seen a sketch of Lucy bowing to Zeref but that could be for any number of reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I was interested to see that when the author included the reaction shot of the other Sabertooth members clearly enjoying the way the match was going, that he didn't include Rogue, who considering what we know of him now, probably wouldn't be enjoying it like the other Sabertooth members. Honestly, does anybody feel like Rogue is the only decent Sabertooth member, or do you think there will end up being some sort of twist where he's as bad as the rest. Personally, I'm hoping he remains as at least their sole 'good' member.
I always liked Rogue, he had a different feel to him than the rest of the asssholes. When Yukino was humiliated and when Natsu talked about Nakamaship he was the only one to react with an actual look of guilt and not just shock like the others.
I'm hoping he doesn't disappoint us and turn out to be just another asshole.

Quote:
She lost her keys...again. Aquarius bailed when things got rough and Lucy didn't keep any spirit around after using Aries/Virgo - she was defenseless from that point on. IMO Elfman would have been a better pick for this kind of match, but of course it had to be Lucy who plays the punching bag as if it's a public execution.
Actually from Fairy Tail A, the best pick was really Lucy (because of Aquarius had the bitch not bailed on her) and second best pick would have been Gray. with all that water around, his Ice Make magic would have been quite dangerous to deal with by others.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:18   Link #9087
haegar
mangaviking

man I'm so lookin forward to Minerva getting a hellish trashing ...

smh. what a bitch awesome troll by Hiro... poor Lucy gets it again and again ...
Old 2012-07-13, 14:48   Link #9088
ranchan13

I just wanted to say, the battle isn't necessarily over. Until the points are awarded, the fight's still on, and who's to say Lucy doesn't have a trick up her sleeve, or finds a way to pull this victory off.

Yeah, I'm dreaming, things look a bit too bleak for Lucy. Although, I'm hoping Aquarius realizes shit + fan, and appears in the nick of time to turn the tables.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 17:09   Link #9089
Nvis
Where are the good animes

^Pumpkin already called the end of the match.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 22:55   Link #9090
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Yeah, I'm dreaming, things look a bit too bleak for Lucy. Although, I'm hoping Aquarius realizes shit + fan, and appears in the nick of time to turn the tables.
As Nvis said, match has already ended.

And even if it hadn't, Aquarius would not possibly come back. Bitch is the only celestial spirit who wouldn't turn up no matter what, compared to Loki/Aries/any other Spirit.
Old 2012-07-14, 03:21   Link #9091
Lumilicious
Lurking~ ( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
And Juvia? Come on. I do enjoy her comedic moments, but this was totally not the time for it. Again, she's coming off looking like a dunce, too. At this point, her love crush needs to be dealt with, and she needs to straighten up and be serious.
I was under the impression that Minerva can kinda teleport her opponents (things in general). Just like she did with Lucy when she was about to get kicked out of the bubble (page 27 makes that very clear). I think Juvia got teleported out of the bubble by Minerva because she... kinda recognized that Juvia would be the toughest to deal with?

Same goes for Lucy's keys. Minerva knew she'd be useless without them so she... teleported them of Lucy's bikini right into the palm of her hands. It's the only thing which makes sense to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
As Nvis said, match has already ended.
Not only that, Lucy isn't even in the bubble anymore. Minerva pushed her out while grabbing her throat. And it was before the timeout.
Old 2012-07-14, 03:41   Link #9092
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Good chapter:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-14, 03:58   Link #9093
MAX_COLA_POWER!

I know it's probably a long shot, but I wanna see, before the match rounds take place, in the spirit world, every one of Lucy's spirits upset at Aquarius for what she did, especially Loki. I just wanna see where her priorities are. If you hate Lucy that much, end the contract, simple as that. I would like to see the Spirit King giving Aquarius her dues, but that's probably too much wishing^^;;.
Old 2012-07-14, 07:54   Link #9094
Bombo
TSF Fans

I think Aquarius will be back with different personality for pay back in the future .
That what is in my mind after reading all comments for hating her and MAYBE Mashima predictable it .
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 08:35   Link #9095
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I hope that we will see some scene with Aquarius, a powerful one or something emotionnal, because what she did is really abhorrent . But I'm afraid that Mashima will treat it like a running gag like when we saw in Lucy previous fights...
Old 2012-07-14, 09:20   Link #9096
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
With Minerva, it wasn't even a contest - Minerva knew it and she still did it, singling out probably the 2nd weakest of the two Fairy Tail Teams and just laying it into her. If Minerva had shoved Lucy out so that she could fight against Juvia - even if she had curbstomped Juvia, we probably wouldn't have reacted as badly as we did since it would have been done against someone who had the obvious advantage in water and who was already an S-class equivalent in Fairy Tail. That would have truly proven herself as being 'strong', but she singled out Lucy because she knew she was weaker, made it so that she couldn't fight back at all, and just laid it into her like a coward. It wasn't a fight, it was just a pure torture session, when it should have been a competitive sport.
I gotta disagree about why Minerva targeted Lucy I'm thinking she might have looked into who Natsu was close to or just assumed since they were on the same team he was closer to Lucy then Juvia either way it seems to me that it was meant both as a message telling him to stay out of there business and as payback for what he already did. Also it is largely Natsu's fault that Lucy got so badly hurt she completely oblivous to the fact that he had essentialy started a war with an extremely powerful guild and she should have been one of the first people he told.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 12:08   Link #9097
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
I hope that we will see some scene with Aquarius, a powerful one or something emotionnal, because what she did is really abhorrent . But I'm afraid that Mashima will treat it like a running gag like when we saw in Lucy previous fights...
I hope so too and i think mashima won't the hatred increase against Aquarius
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 12:12   Link #9098
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yea...as much as it pains me, I don't think Aquarius will get the punishment she deserves...her bailing on Lucy will all be forgotten...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 12:14   Link #9099
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I think Minerva's going to fight Mirajane next. That would... be entertaining. Mira fights best against slightly sadistic opponents, and then overpowers them.
I would to see that. Mira was always a good friend to Lucy and she is scary when she transforms.

It would be a fight of monsters!

But yeh poor Lucy, it will reflect badly on her in the future.
And Aquarius needs a huge lecture!
Come on Leo and spirit king! You 2 are big bosses there, do something!
Scorpio goes on dates too yet he always helped Lucy when needed and he knows her for smaller amount of time!
Old 2012-07-14, 13:03   Link #9100
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I gotta disagree about why Minerva targeted Lucy I'm thinking she might have looked into who Natsu was close to or just assumed since they were on the same team he was closer to Lucy then Juvia either way it seems to me that it was meant both as a message telling him to stay out of there business and as payback for what he already did. Also it is largely Natsu's fault that Lucy got so badly hurt she completely oblivous to the fact that he had essentialy started a war with an extremely powerful guild and she should have been one of the first people he told.
Fully agreed. Her targeting of Lucy had everything to do with her relation to being Natsu's team mate then the easier target. After all if the hype is to be believed then Minerva could have done that to Juvia just as easily.

After she stopped Natsu's attack on her guild she flatout said she'd get revenge in the arena, her doing so with Lucy is what we should have seen coming but didnt (at least I dont recall any speculation of Minerva pawning Lucy and then going the extra mile in that beatdown).

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen