AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-10, 12:34   Link #881
ReddyRedWolf

Interview translation from /a/.

http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/66894959/#66897726
Quote:
Is the Pash Kawamori interview translated yet? I'll put the sections up as I get through them.

ミカゲも過去のある人物のとある転生者ですがアマタたちより早く転生して

しまった。その分いろんな準備はできてたんだけど肉体は死んで、それを
強引に保存してる感じ。特殊能力を発動するにはエネルギーがいるので、
しょっちゅう寝ていたわけですね。
今はその肉体に残留思念が残っていて体を動かしている状態です。
でも生身の人間に憑依しないとアクエリオンを操縦できない。そこで目をつ

けたのが自分の悲しみの心に似ているゼシカでした。

Mikage is also the reincarnation of somebody from before, but reincarnated before those like Amata. During that lead, he made several preparations, but his body died, and he's sort of artificially preserving it (?). It's as if he's always asleep because his abilities drain his energy.

Right now, he's keeping his body animated by its residual psychic energy. However, he needs to possess a real human body to pilot Aquarion. He chose Zessica for that because her heart full of pain resembled his own.

ミカゲの思いも本来はアマタやカグラ同様に純愛なんです。なのになぜか変

態に見えてしまう(笑)
最近敵が作りづらい。へんに物分りがよかったり、小物感が漂ってしまって

。ミカゲのモンスターぶりを発揮できて良かったと思うし、それに合わせ
て最終回での扱いは当初の予定より少し変更しました。

ミコノがカグラを少し気にするだけで軽い女扱いされたりするけど(苦笑)
人間そんなに物事を白黒わけられないですよね。ギリシャ神話なんて親族同

士が恋愛で戦い合うエピソードだらけだけど、愛ってそんなもんじゃない
かな。
今回普通の小さな恋愛をアクエリオンという巨大な感情増幅装置に乗せたら

、どんなバカ物語が描けるかチャレンジしてみたかった。

Mikage truly loves both Amata and Kagura equally. But for some reason he comes off as creepy (laughs).
He's been getting harder to present as a villain. There are little feelings, like I oddly sympathize with him a bit (not sure what he means with this sentence). I'm glad Mikage came across as a monster, and the way we're doing him in the finale has changed a little to follow that.

Mikono showed a little worry for Kagura and now they're saying she's fickle (laughs bitterly). You can't make sweeping judgments on people so easily. In Greek mythology, there are a lot of stories about families fighting within themselves over romance, but I don't think that's quite how love works.
For this one, I wanted to challenge myself to see how ridiculous a story I could build by putting a small everyday love onto the gigantic emotion amplifying machine called Aquarion.

23話で語られたアポロがポロンの生まれ変わりという衝撃の真実。前作で語

られなかったことですよね?(インタビュー)
創聖のアクエリオンを見返してもらうと、片鱗は垣間見られると思います。

創聖の時も、実は明かそうと思っていたんですが、アポロとシルヴィアの恋

が盛り上がってきたので描くタイミングを逃してしまった。それを岡田さ
んに話したら「そんな面白い設定使わないともったいない」と。
みなさんに犬かよ!と思われてしまうのか、犬だったんだ!と思ってもらえ

るかは、我々も蓋をあけてみないとわかりません!どんな反響が返ってく
るのか、正直
怖いところでもあります(笑)

INTERVIEWER: In episode 23, the shocking truth was revealed that Apollo is the reincarnation of Pollon. This wasn't mentioned in the previous series, was it?

If you watch Genesis of Aquarion again, you should be able to catch a glimpse of it.
Honestly, I wanted to reveal it back in Genesis, but the romance between Apollo and Silvia took over and we lost the chance to show it. Okada said "You never used such an interesting plot point, what a waste!" To find out whether all the viewers would say "What? He was a dog?" or "Oh, he was the dog!" the only way for us was to lift the lid and see! To be frank, I was also a bit scared at what the reaction would be (laughs).

ミカゲが言った、いい器を見つけた→ミカゲの負の気持ちに共感できる要素

を持っていたから。彼女がミカゲを体から追い出すことができるかどうか
が、重要なポイント

When Mikage says "You will make a good vessel" = she has parts of her that resonate with Mikage's negative emotions. It will be important whether or not she can expel Mikage from her body.

最後

ポロンの思いは相当に強いですね(インタビュー)
執着という意味ではミカゲと同じですよね。実はローマ神話に狼が建国の王

を育てたという話があるんです。
ほかにも、動物の中で人間がこれほど優位に立てたのは、狼から集団行動を

学び進化したからという、すごく燃える仮説があって、面白いのでそんな
動物も人間も近しい存在であるという気分を物語のベースに少し取り入れ
てみました。
だれも気付いてくれないけど、ああ見えてポロンは天翅族の中でも上位クラ

スなんですよ。ただの犬じゃない、星獣天翅ですからね!(笑)

INTERVIEWER: Pollon's feelings were always very strong, weren't they?

In terms of "attachments," he is just like Mikage. Actually, in Roman mythology, the founding king was said to have been raised by wolves.
There's a really cool theory that a man among wolves became so great because he learned cooperation from the wolves and was stronger for it. I took the idea that humans and animals are so close and used it as a base for my story.
Though no one noticed, Pollon was upper class even among the Angels. He wasn't just a dog, he was the Star Beast Angel! (laughs)
Old 2012-06-10, 15:28   Link #882
kuromitsu

...so basically it's what I thought. They scrapped the idea and didn't even think of bringing it back until Okada got on board. :P

Hmm, so I have Okada to blame for all this. Ah well, after AnoHana and what we've seen of Evol so far I'm pretty sure I won't be her fan. (The new Kenshin OVA didn't help, though she was only partly at fault for that.)

Also, when basic information about a canon released 7 years ago is preceded with "no-one noticed, but" - that's the proof for crappy writing right there.
Old 2012-06-10, 15:32   Link #883
queenSwild

Quote:
Mikono showed a little worry for Kagura and now they're saying she's fickle (laughs bitterly). You can't make sweeping judgments on people so easily.
YES! Kawamori agrees with me. I feel happy now.

And it's also hilarious how people were raging saying that the Apollo/Pollon theory was made up on the spot. Or how it was a created as their master plan to get Mikono and Amata together. What now people! It was thought up during the first series!

Although I don't see why people say that it ruined the Apollo/Sylvia pairing.. Did people just love them because of the reincarnation romance? Or because of their interactions and moments together? :/..Because from what I've heard it seems like the former..:/ And if it's the latter, does it really matter that they're not "destined lovers" anymore? They're still cute together.... Aren't they? (Hasn't watched the first series)

Last edited by queenSwild; 2012-06-10 at 15:57.
Old 2012-06-11, 03:32   Link #884
SABER60069

By the way I think one part of the translation is wrong

Mikage truly loves both Amata and Kagura equally

I think it's actually suppose to go

"Mikage's feelings is pure love just like Amata and Kagura"

I don't think Mikage loves Amata and Kagura much less equally...
Old 2012-06-11, 08:38   Link #885
Zuul

I laugh at Kawamori being surprized and secretly butthurt about people calling Mikono a slut.

I personnally like the girl but the way it's written she's a bad love interest.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-06-11 at 13:06.
Old 2012-06-11, 11:06   Link #886
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
YES! Kawamori agrees with me. I feel happy now.

And it's also hilarious how people were raging saying that the Apollo/Pollon theory was made up on the spot. Or how it was a created as their master plan to get Mikono and Amata together. What now people! It was thought up during the first series!

Although I don't see why people say that it ruined the Apollo/Sylvia pairing.. Did people just love them because of the reincarnation romance? Or because of their interactions and moments together? :/..Because from what I've heard it seems like the former..:/ And if it's the latter, does it really matter that they're not "destined lovers" anymore? They're still cute together.... Aren't they? (Hasn't watched the first series)
At least back than everyone thought it was too stupid and it was a dropped plot point. If it had been revealed in Genesis it would have killed the series than and there. Thus they waited til after Genesis was over and reused the abandoned plot point in EVOL(Which they never planned at all anyway. Thus they used the Pollon point as an excuse for a sequel to reuse Touma as a villian again because he was "Tricked". Than there's the part where they dropped Sirius altogether) which is "very" convenient for Amata and Mikono since they can heavily twist this angle for why they "aren't" destined for eachother but that loses merit considering Apollonius hasn't shown up and isn't fighting for Mikono's affection.

When Genesis ended they were happy with everyone going with the Apollonius is Apollo theory which was supported more than once in Genesis so just like Pollon the Apollonius theory had just as much merit and was the one they actually went with for Genesis. Than they decided in EVOL that they would rather revisit the dropped Pollon plot line(Without considering the remafications, only that it would help them actually make a messed up future) which is dumb considering Pollon was unimportant and had only a few seconds of actual screentime.
Old 2012-06-13, 12:34   Link #887
Zuul

Spoiler for for length:

Spoiler for translation from 4chan:

The best AmataxMikono moment and the female staff didn't like it. It's too lewd. But same people have no prob with kagura's licking. Fangirls double standards !!
Old 2012-06-13, 12:47   Link #888
Destined_Fate

It's mostly because they just don't like Amata x Mikono and you can't blame them for that. Kagura hasn't been angsting around or being shy, he's etremely straight forward with what he wants and Mikono has shown more than once that she likes the thought of what he wants to do to her when he gets the chance. While Amata tries and fails to move past the early stages and just drags it out. So of course they would find is lewd because before than it didn't seem to be going anywhere at all and it seemed like to them that Amata was "Stealing" Mikono from Kagura thus turning Mikono into a "slut" in their own words and Amata into a Girlfriend snatcher. Doesn't help that in the early episodes Zessica was pushed pretty hard for Amata and his constant ignorance towards her while chasing Mikono who fans were quite sure she was going to be with Kagura over her reactions to him at that point.
Old 2012-06-13, 12:52   Link #889
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post

The best AmataxMikono moment and the female staff didn't like it. It's too lewd. But same people have no prob with kagura's licking. Fangirls double standards !!
Yeah, I doubt that "lewdness" is as much an issue as the female staff just not liking Amata/Mikono.

Man, somebody should write a "Behind the Scenes" book on what went down at the animation studios during the production of Aquarion EVOL. The soap opera behind the anime is more interesting than the soap opera actually in the anime.
Old 2012-06-13, 13:33   Link #890
mayumi

So basically the female staff are teenage-ish fangirlz. Then why can't we get something nice for Zessica?
Old 2012-06-13, 13:36   Link #891
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
So basically the female staff are teenage-ish fangirlz. Then why can't we get something nice for Zessica?
This spoiler gave me hope that Zessica's end won't be the super uber crappy one I was fearing.
Old 2012-06-13, 14:08   Link #892
Destined_Fate

Because the guy in charge doesn't want Zessica to be happy? Even though Zessica has been well-received, miles ahead of Mikono, doesn't change that the ones in charge are doing their best to try and destroy that poor girl. I'm sure Kawamori is more than miffed that Zessica, who he never even gave a chance with how Amata was written, is so well liked while his End Game pairing, especially the Mikono factor, is being panned almost universally by the entire fanbase in the East and West.

The epilouge ending seems like a bad idea, Most likely showing Amata/Amagura and Mikono getting together in the end, considering how off track the ship has gone, would only leave a bad aftertaste in most of the fanbase and not deal with why they hate the pairing in the first place.
Old 2012-06-13, 19:11   Link #893
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

"Female staff disliked the scene in E12 where Amata holds Mikono's hand and found it "lewd"."

"We firmly intend on not making something that would leave a bad aftertaste in everyone's mouths. "

Then maybe, just maybe, you could've left the dog outside the house, now there's poop everywhere.

"We intend on giving conclusions to the mysteries."

Is Zessica receiving some karmic retribution because of a yet-to-be-revealed background (or previous life) where she killed baby seals to strip them of their fur and drink their blood?
Old 2012-06-13, 22:53   Link #894
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Because they don't like girls like Zess; she's not a little princess. Girls like Zess are too much non-romantic and too much self-sufficient and brave. They don't deserve a nice man; heck, they don't even deserve any kind of relationship!

I'm kidding, sort of. And yes, I'm mad at them. I'm pretty much convinced to not watch a show from this staff again. It's painful. As a female, I think they don't know how to deal with a love story without throw in pointless and forced drama. And they don't know how to deal with their characters as well, because I can see these characters are suffering because of it.
Old 2012-06-14, 01:03   Link #895
Zuul

I still think there is a bit of hope for their eventually sinking the AmataxMikono ship.
There is a bit of subtext supporting it . That would make sense of the unappealing way it has been written.
Old 2012-06-16, 10:52   Link #896
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post

Spoiler for translation from 4chan:
This does not sound hopeful for Zessica and Mikono fans! Neither of those characters even got mentioned in the ending spoilers. Fingers crossed that each of them will get to take action before the end.

So, Amata, the protagonist, is going to be overshadowed all the way up to the final episode. Whaaaat. This is not acceptable. I'm keen to see the Andy/MIX plot, and expect a lot from it, but this pacing is terrible. The final two eps are coming up, and both of those should have been mostly about the main characters.

I swear, the fanbase could have done a better job on the pacing of this series.
Old 2012-06-16, 15:49   Link #897
Destined_Fate

The fanbase would have made Mikono x Kagura and Amata x Zessica canon. >_>
Old 2012-06-17, 20:13   Link #898
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Just saw #25 and it continues to be bad

Spoiler for Is this who Zessica is?:
Old 2012-06-17, 20:17   Link #899
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Just saw #25 and it continues to be bad

Spoiler for Is this who Zessica is?:
We don't know about whether Zessica is the reincarnation of anyone from Genesis. But Amata and Kagura are Apollo.
Old 2012-06-17, 20:23   Link #900
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Wasn't there a interview a while back that mentioned a three way split for reincarnation? something about mind ,heart and soul (or some other mix) it just had me wondering, we now know where two parts of Apollonius are and i think its really obvious who is the final part
Spoiler for All signs point to: