AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-31, 09:38   Link #201
kazzuya13

By the way does Fuyumi Ai know that Kaoru is a girl from the very start cause you know they are childhood friends after all?...
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 13:54   Link #202
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Well, if you want me to pic something concrete... It's obviously the trolling / sharp tongue In the LN is pretty "clear" that there is almost "no evil"; everything can be forgiven and most things can be solved by sitting down and talking about it. In that very same vein, when Masuzu goes out of her way to tease someone, they can be "cool" 5 minutes later, there is no any type of negative connotation.... This creates a particular pattern where characters keep switching between manzai -> regular talk -> manzai and the like when they get down to it

In other words, just like Lare pointed out already, Masuzu usually either shows a side that doesn't show when she starts teasing something, or more importantly, she pulls out a side from other characters that they don't usually show to others. It's all about chemistry, she clearly brings different things to the story.
Ah... I suppose that explains Eita's thoughts in the anime when he talked to Mana.
I guess I'll keep on reading those LN translations and get to enjoy the series more.

Quote:
Yes she was relevant, pretty much part of the core that has him going on (he even personally said that he will take on her dream since he has no dream of his own). But that's totally different to actually being together with her. Eita did simply not see Chiwa as a member of the opposite sex, for example most shippers casually forget that Eita is almost willing to go as far for Saeko as she goes for Chiwa (he has mentioned that he wants to repay her since she is taking care of him and took him in, and he never wants to burden Saeko with anything, it's actually the opposite).

This is even something is even addressed by Chiwa herself (with tears in her eyes) in the novel (I think it was in volume 1), where being childhood friends with Eita was a sinking ship when it came to romance. That was what I was pointing at, basically Eita always appreciates her all the same, but he is at least beginning to take her seriously later in the story. For example at the end of volume 4 Eita at least should be aware that the "like" that she feels for him is bigger than the "like" that she feels for Yakiniku (which is even something that Eita joked about through the early parts of the story).
Of course, I'm not saying Eita was physically interested in her. Chiwa was important to him for other reasons. My point simply was that that relevance had a clear impact after her confession in volume 4, and why it seemed Eita was about to embrace her in a romantic way - which I doubt he would have done for either Hime or Ai.
Old 2013-03-31, 17:19   Link #203
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Ah... I suppose that explains Eita's thoughts in the anime when he talked to Mana.
I guess I'll keep on reading those LN translations and get to enjoy the series more.
Exactly. In fact the author when out of their way to show that Mana wasn't "bad" and even made her being one of Hime's closest friends (so, in Mana's in-novel image there is no "taint" of "bullying Hime" in her character shown towards the reader).

Quote:
and why it seemed Eita was about to embrace her in a romantic way - which I doubt he would have done for either Hime or Ai.
I don't remember any "almost embrace" in the novel, so don't use that to judge character, in fact the anime didn't portrayed Eita's "struggle" to prevent being kissed. After the kiss, for what I remember he merely froze in his place (like usual) & started thinking back about all of the times that Chiwa said I love you and he didn't take seriously, and then he heard Natsukawa's voice..... though, it wasn't his conscience, rather Masuzu was actually behind them ( Jojo style ゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴゴ )
Old 2013-03-31, 17:28   Link #204
Used Can

Quote:
I don't remember any "almost embrace" in the novel, so don't use that to judge character, in fact the anime didn't portrayed Eita's "struggle" to prevent being kissed. After the kiss, for what I remember he merely froze in his place (like usual) & started thinking back about all of the times that Chiwa said I love you and he didn't take seriously, and then he heard Natsukawa's voice..... though, it wasn't his conscience, rather Masuzu was actually behind them
I was talking about this scene in the anime:
Spoiler:

Considering the anime, despite its flaws, was a faithful adaptation, I considered this was in the LNs as well, because it is a big deal.
Old 2013-04-01, 22:17   Link #205
kazzuya13

Quote:
I was talking about this scene in the anime:
Spoiler:

Considering the anime, despite its flaws, was a faithful adaptation, I considered this was in the LNs as well, because it is a big deal.
You could probably interpret that Eita is going to push away Chiwa. However that is unlikely because of the mood and all.
Old 2013-04-01, 22:37   Link #206
NeutralZero

Hard to say because they were interrupted...
In any case, in that scene or the entire ep, is it in the LN or an Anime original?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 00:08   Link #207
Used Can

Nah, I just checked it today, the scene was anime original.
Old 2013-04-02, 06:20   Link #208
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Yup, it is animal original. If I'm correct,
Spoiler:
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 09:37   Link #209
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Spoiler:
After the kissed did Masuzu also interrupted their conversation like she did in the anime?.
Old 2013-04-02, 11:21   Link #210
larethian

Quote:
Spoiler:
You got it wrong. That's volume 6's stuff, we're talking about volume 4's ending. The kiss did happen. Used Can was saying that Eita grabbing Chiwa was anime-original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
After the kissed did Masuzu also interrupted their conversation like she did in the anime?.
Everything animated in the last part was faithful except for "Eita grabbing Chiwa", and of course the missing ending monologue like what I've mentioned in the anime thread.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 12:25   Link #211
Used Can

I'm surprised they omitted Eita's "Ore no kanojo to osananajimi ga shuraba sugiru" final monologue line in the anime.
That was the perfect closure for that volume.

I won't say the director was terrible, but he wasn't good either.
Old 2013-04-02, 15:10   Link #212
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
You got it wrong. That's volume 6's stuff, we're talking about volume 4's ending. The kiss did happen. Used Can was saying that Eita grabbing Chiwa was anime-original.
Ah. My bad.

Spoilers
Spoiler for If I get this right
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-02, 20:13   Link #213
Used Can

Quote:
Spoilers
If we're talking about her reaction in volume 6, I think it's not that hard to understand. She knew how important Chiwa is to Eita, especially because of how hard he was still working hard to become a doctor and cure her. What he wrote in the notebook were heavy words, which I think had an effect on Masuzu. Not to mention Masuzu's lines on how Chiwa, Hime and Ai were real, in terms of their feelings, whereas she's fake.

Also, remember she went to his house after her father showed up. So, we don't know how that went down, likely not good for her. Now, considering what had happened before with Hime and Eita telling her to accept their relationship was more than just a fake, and her stubbornly denying it, plus what I mentioned about Chiwa's effect on Eita's life and that it seemed that she had already planned to give back his notebook, I think the scene of Chiwa kissing him probably came as a strong image to her, because she probably saw some closure in that - as in, she was already giving up herself and Chiwa's kiss was a final nail in that coffin.
Old 2013-04-02, 21:31   Link #214
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Ah. My bad.

Spoilers
Throughout the volume there it was this talk about if Masuzu was using dirty methods for her antics because she had this "didn't want to be left alone" need and couldn't express that in a normal way. There is that, but also -at that time- she had just unilaterally "broken up" with Keita (cease of the agreement of their fake relationship), so it would have been easy for her to miss interpret that kiss as Eita having "moved on" from her.

Also remember that it doesn't matter how you analyze Masuzu (sharp tongue or love struck mode), she probably is always going to have some reaction when Chiwa is flocking Eita. This has been implied by her words a few times (specially in vol 4), but she has this strong feeling that if it weren't for her, Eita x Chiwa would be a sure thing; and she is usually very sensible about that, as Eita x Chiwa would render her unable to keep her school life as it is (in which she has "her place" (the club)).

There is also the subtle yandere hints So yeah "it's not ok".
Old 2013-04-02, 21:46   Link #215
larethian

Quote:
Ah. My bad.

Spoilers
Actually, IIRC, Masuzu did not see them kiss in volume 4. After Chiwa kissed Eita, she confessed her love again, and it was after that when Masuzu appeared.

Also, for volume 6, the impact was different; it was after Masuzu got cornered by Hime, and could no longer deny her own feelings.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-02, 22:05   Link #216
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
If we're talking about her reaction in volume 6, I think it's not that hard to understand. She knew how important Chiwa is to Eita, especially because of how hard he was still working hard to become a doctor and cure her. What he wrote in the notebook were heavy words, which I think had an effect on Masuzu. Not to mention Masuzu's lines on how Chiwa, Hime and Ai were real, in terms of their feelings, whereas she's fake.

Also, remember she went to his house after her father showed up. So, we don't know how that went down, likely not good for her. Now, considering what had happened before with Hime and Eita telling her to accept their relationship was more than just a fake, and her stubbornly denying it, plus what I mentioned about Chiwa's effect on Eita's life and that it seemed that she had already planned to give back his notebook, I think the scene of Chiwa kissing him probably came as a strong image to her, because she probably saw some closure in that - as in, she was already giving up herself and Chiwa's kiss was a final nail in that coffin.
Quote:
Throughout the volume there it was this talk about if Masuzu was using dirty methods for her antics because she had this "didn't want to be left alone" need and couldn't express that in a normal way. There is that, but also -at that time- she had just unilaterally "broken up" with Keita (cease of the agreement of their fake relationship), so it would have been easy for her to miss interpret that kiss as Eita having "moved on" from her.

Also remember that it doesn't matter how you analyze Masuzu (sharp tongue or love struck mode), she probably is always going to have some reaction when Chiwa is flocking Eita. This has been implied by her words a few times (specially in vol 4), but she has this strong feeling that if it weren't for her, Eita x Chiwa would be a sure thing; and she is usually very sensible about that, as Eita x Chiwa would render her unable to keep her school life as it is (in which she has "her place" (the club)).

There is also the subtle yandere hints So yeah "it's not ok".
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Actually, IIRC, Masuzu did not see them kiss in volume 4. After Chiwa kissed Eita, she confessed her love again, and it was after that when Masuzu appeared.

Also, for volume 6, the impact was different; it was after Masuzu got cornered by Hime, and could no longer deny her own feelings.
Wow. 3 people quoting my question. Thanks for answering.

@larethian Ah. I see. She didn't see them kissing on volume 4. That's quite different with the anime when she saw them kissing.
Old 2013-04-02, 22:28   Link #217
Used Can

Not really, in the anime her appearance is the same as in the LN. Chiwa kisses Eita, confesses properly, Eita is dumbfounded for a while (in the LN - in vol.5 during the same scene - he's recalling the times Chiwa had said "I love you" before, how he hadn't taken it seriously, and how the currenty situation was reality and not some dream), and then Masuzu showed up.

The only difference in the anime is Eita's near-embrace.
Old 2013-04-03, 01:41   Link #218
whitecloud

So masuzu saw her then, even though from the back? And maybe in vol 6 from the front? So more directly so causing quite a shock..?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 10:06   Link #219
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
So masuzu saw her then, even though from the back? And maybe in vol 6 from the front? So more directly so causing quite a shock..?
I think in the next volume either Masuzu will run away or she would break up with Eita
Old 2013-04-04, 10:28   Link #220
NeutralZero

But didn't she already return his notebook?
Which also means that she's already freeing him...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club, harem, romance, school life, shounen