Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-19, 19:10   Link #1
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
My anime soul is crying.....

I have just finished School Days and Gantz and
Spoiler for For my insensitivity.... here is the spoiler that should have been placed in the beginning :-):

With pretty much no A+ anime this season.... I need something from the past with humor and/or a good heart warming ending.

I have been keeping pretty good track of anime since the birth of Haruhism so older anime seem like they would be better for suggestions.

As for anime I have liked that match the description.... hmmm Fumoffu, FMA, G Gundam, Black Cat, Hajime Ippo.

To see a list of overall anime I have watched then, http://animeseen.net/southstarr/

But any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Last edited by Hikikomori Ja nai; 2007-10-20 at 09:05. Reason: addition to examples
Old 2007-10-19, 23:10   Link #2
Kyomi
What do I know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikikomori Ja nai View Post
I have just finished School Days and Gantz (not to mention I am still mourning Nia's death) in which like 100% of my favorite characters have either died...Horribly I might add! Or gone bat-shit crazy.
I haven't watched either of them so I can't tell which one you are referring to, but I really hate being told an anime so please keep you're spoilers in tag or else...

Spoiler for Don't spoil my fun >.<:
Old 2007-10-20, 00:47   Link #3
Frans

Even if you don't want to use spoiler tag, at least you could make it more implicit. Maybe just write something like 'certain death' or 'tragic' or something like that. Not all people already watch the show on your post.

Maybe you could try Gunbuster... And Gunbuster 2 (this one is newer.. 2000ish.. 2004 maybe?). It's a mech anime.
You could also try:
Major.. It's a recent baseball anime, still ongoing though (entering the 4th season with 26eps per season). But it's very heart warming.
PlanetEs... There is some humor, but mostly it's about character development. And the ending maybe one of the best that I have ever seen.
The other one I would suggest is Maria-sama, Full Moon wo Sagashite, Azumanga Daioh, Ichigo Mashimaro, and Genshiken.
And maybe Saiunkoku Monogatari.. this one I think is fit to be called a reverse harem. The total episodes would be 39eps+26eps.. the second one is still ongoing.. almost finished.

Last edited by Frans; 2007-10-20 at 00:57. Reason: minor fix and some addition
Old 2007-10-20, 03:44   Link #4
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I like the Ghibli films Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and Whisper of the Heart if you want a heartwarming story.

I'll second Genshiken for humor, although if you're not an otaku or played H-games before you might be missing out on some of the humor. Ichigo Mashimaro is humor but leaning towards slice-of-life-ish. It's an anime for you to relax, maybe suitable for you right now.

And finally, Nodame Cantabile is both heartwarming and hilarious, so it's a must watch. Gravitation is also excellent in terms of funny if you don't mind the shounen-ai backdrop. That's all I know since lots of my favorite anime you've already watch and the other 3/4 that I like has bittersweet/bitter endings....
Old 2007-10-20, 09:41   Link #5
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyomi View Post
I haven't watched either of them so I can't tell which one you are referring to, but I really hate being told an anime so please keep you're spoilers in tag or else...

Spoiler for Don't spoil my fun >.<:

Yes... sir.... spoiler tag has been placed.
Spoiler for In response to your picture....:

Thank you everyone for you suggestions,
Nodame
Gravitation
Azumanga Daioh
Major
are now all on my list for rental and/or download depending licensing.... :-)

one more request....

For like a Angst main characters.... i.e a pessimistic of the world or his/her situation, Like Kyon (HnY), Korono(Gantz), Haruhi (Ouran), Satou (NHK), Rock and Revy to an exstent (Black Lagoon), humor is not necessarily needed.... Drama would be nice... ending can be bad or good. Tankz you very much in advanze.

Last edited by Hikikomori Ja nai; 2007-10-20 at 09:50. Reason: forgot Satou...
Old 2007-10-20, 11:31   Link #6
Frans

For angst, maybe you could try Mugen no Ryvius / Infinite Ryvius. It's a drama anime in spaceship, with a touch of mech. Definitely one of the best.
Red Garden - it's featuring 4 main character, which each have her own problem. It's a drama/action anime.
Closed Thread