AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2010-01-24, 04:14   Link #2621
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
109. I should not toss Ayano's cookies to Misao like she is a pet.

I'd probably do that...
Old 2010-01-25, 01:16   Link #2622
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Spoiler for Things not to do in Lucky Star:
Quoted ones I found really funny, and bold are way too hard not to do D:.

Edit:
Spoiler for Idea from 68:
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2010-01-25 at 03:39.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 09:12   Link #2623
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I forgot to put the reference... it's in a fanfic...

Last edited by bhl88; 2010-03-22 at 19:49.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 01:01   Link #2624
Nerroth
NePoi!

It might be an odd question to ask - but by any chance, does the kanji for Miyuki's Takara family name read the same way as the 'Takara' part of Takara-Tomy?

If so, it would be ironic, considering that Bandai would otherwise be loath to concede anythign to a rival.

If not, I still think it would be cute to have some Japanese Transformer toys think she's their onee-chan or something!
Old 2010-04-06, 08:04   Link #2625
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Is the manga still running? I thought I've heard signs that it actually ended or is about to. Namely, on ANN I saw a story about Yoshimizu beginning a new series about the Miyamuras.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 12:22   Link #2626
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Is the manga still running? I thought I've heard signs that it actually ended or is about to. Namely, on ANN I saw a story about Yoshimizu beginning a new series about the Miyamuras.
Lucky Star is still running in both Comptiq and Comp Ace, and the manga about the Miyamuras is on-going as well in Comp Ace magazine. So the mangaka is just working on multiple projects at once.
Old 2010-04-16, 02:55   Link #2627
B2-Lancer

Jus' wondering, but have they ever held in Japan a contest for best Lucky Star 4 look-alikes act-alikes in contests in or out of cosplay? I prefer the "out of cosplay" cause they're more real which is nicer.
B2-Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 19:54   Link #2628
B2-Lancer

This is a hard one, but judging by what's shown on the anime, is Miyuki actually legally blind without her specs?
Old 2010-05-18, 20:29   Link #2629
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Not really... she's very near-sighted though. I used to have 20/1000 vision without contacts -- which means I couldn't tell what sex you are at five feet, you're just a blur. Since I've gotten older, the farsight adjustment is starting to kick in and my vision has naturally "improved" to about 20/600. whee. With contacts or glasses, the vision is about 20/10-20/20-20/30 depending on how tired I am.

Legally blind is a very specific legal term which means "as good as it gets even with correction". However, both Miyuki and I would be considered effectively "blind" if lense technology did not exist.
Old 2010-05-24, 19:36   Link #2630
B2-Lancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Not really... she's very near-sighted though. I used to have 20/1000 vision without contacts -- which means I couldn't tell what sex you are at five feet, you're just a blur. Since I've gotten older, the farsight adjustment is starting to kick in and my vision has naturally "improved" to about 20/600. whee. With contacts or glasses, the vision is about 20/10-20/20-20/30 depending on how tired I am.

Legally blind is a very specific legal term which means "as good as it gets even with correction". However, both Miyuki and I would be considered effectively "blind" if lense technology did not exist.
Thanx for the info Vex!
Old 2010-06-12, 09:27   Link #2631
B2-Lancer

I guess it's Happy Birthday Miki Higarii!

But this guy sure knows how to PARTY!! http://sorairofact.blog.shinobi.jp/CommentForm/466/
Old 2010-09-21, 03:29   Link #2632
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
It's like having the last name Ann where some people have them as first names.

Izumi(last name) Konata(first name)

Wakase(last name) Izumi(first name)
lol but they otaku blood in their veins... although Konata's otakuism is... OVER 9000!!! *crack crack* *scouter blows up in face*

Izumi Wakase: Otaku rating: ****o (4 of 5 stars)
Konata Izumi: Otaku rating: *************** (broke past 5 stars)

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-09-26 at 23:17.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 22:24   Link #2633
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
lol but they otaku blood in their veins... although Konata's otakuism is... OVER 9000!!! *crack crack* *scouter blows up in face*

Izumi Wakase: Otaku rating: ****o (4 of 5 stars)
Konata Izumi: Otaku rating: *************** (broke past 5 stars)
Lemme rephrase that using the new 2010 Edition KonataMeter™

By Otaku meaning Anime/Manga Fan. *cough* (cus in English otaku is a general term XD )

1-3 Stars :: "Normal People"
Most so-called "non-otakus would go here. 1 means no potential, 2 means unsure, 3 means has potential to be otaku.

4-6 Stars :: Casual Otaku
No attempts to go overboard reality and spend a lot on anime merchandise. In short, no determination for anime. xD
4 - Likes a certain anime. that's it. (only a Naruto fan who just watches when he has the time would go here.)
5 - Casual otakus. Just likes some animes. (When I mean some...it means those common animes...or a few not-so-common animes) and/or spends a little bit for one anime mechandise.
6 - Habital otakus. Makes a habit of watching many animes and/or spends a little bit on some anime merchandise.

7-9 Stars :: Konata-Style Otaku (Exteme Otakus)
They have a broader liking for anime, and they live thier lives with it. Experiences Anime Overload Syndrome often.
7 - Spends around 31-40% of thier allowance (both financially and even burning DVDs can be considered) on anime stuff and/or little faithful when it comes to following anime schedules.
8 - Spends around 41-70% of thier allowance on anime stuff and faithful when it comes anime schedules, anime merchandise, etc.
9 - Spends around 71-90% of thier allowance and/or time on anything related to anime. 90% chance of doing everything for anime.

10 Stars :: Totally Obsessed Otaku
--I don't wanna go here.--
Minami :: ★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Yutaka :: ★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Tsukasa :: ★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ / ★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆
Kagami :: ★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
Hiyori :: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆
Konata :: ★★★★★★★★☆☆
Patricia :: ★★★★★★★★★☆
Where does Izumi go to? I presume...
Izumi :: ★★★★★★☆☆☆☆
Why? It's cus her shyness to be otaku drifted her from the borderline to 7...she's most probably close to 7 than 6 though.
Kagami's rated 6 'cus she knows most of Konata's anime references. Now wonder why?
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-26, 23:43   Link #2634
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

What about Miyuki and Kou?
Old 2010-09-27, 01:38   Link #2635
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
What about Miyuki and Kou?
Oh I forgot!

Kou :: ★★★★★★★☆☆☆ / ★★★★★★★★☆☆
I had second thoughts where to put Kou...since I don't know him as much as everyone. I have to presume she's in charge of Hiyori's doujin schdeuling.

Miyuki :: ★☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
No need for explanation. It's better that way.

This makes Patty a bit superior over Konata ... well a bit. Konata does make up for it by her gaming *cough* addiction.
Old 2010-09-29, 21:29   Link #2636
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Just out of curiosity, how many of you seriously think the anime will continue? As I said in the manga thread, I personally have my doubts since it's been a while now, KyoAni has a lot of stuff on their plate, and, well, there just isn't as much buzz now. For instance, it seems like there were about 100 posts per day on the image thread at one time; now it's slowed down quite a lot.

And LS is more of a low-key gag series which doesn't get really serious, compared with Haruhi, the Key series, and even K-On. So I dunno if the staff really considered it srs bznz or sort of a "working vacation" as I think Vexx mentioned a while back.

But like I said, I could be wrong here, and I'd be really disappointed if I end up being right. To be honest, I'd prefer to see more Tsukasa than Haruhi. And I'd like to hear Kou and Fuyuki's voices.
andyjay729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-29, 22:26   Link #2637
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

And Wakase's for that matter...but...there's so few good low-key gag series.. Y_Y
Old 2010-09-30, 10:40   Link #2638
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Just out of curiosity, how many of you seriously think the anime will continue? As I said in the manga thread, I personally have my doubts since it's been a while now, KyoAni has a lot of stuff on their plate, and, well, there just isn't as much buzz now. For instance, it seems like there were about 100 posts per day on the image thread at one time; now it's slowed down quite a lot.

And LS is more of a low-key gag series which doesn't get really serious, compared with Haruhi, the Key series, and even K-On. So I dunno if the staff really considered it srs bznz or sort of a "working vacation" as I think Vexx mentioned a while back.

But like I said, I could be wrong here, and I'd be really disappointed if I end up being right. To be honest, I'd prefer to see more Tsukasa than Haruhi. And I'd like to hear Kou and Fuyuki's voices.
I say why not? KyoAni likes making sequels for their stuff lately. Though I admit, K-On! did a great job at making LS 2 a distant dream with its popularity and second season done so quickly. Though, one thing does bother me; LS did get an OVA. Part of me accepted it as "You wanted more, we gave you more, but don't expect another whole season.", part of me doesn't want to believe that since it wasn't enough.

As I said before, I seriously hope they're just waiting for more material, since that's kinda hard to accumulate with a 4-koma series. And then again, if it eventually comes out, how much of the old cast would be present? And how often? How would the fans react? And how is the popularity of LS in Japan, anyway? Is Washinomiya shrine still flocked with a bunch of otaku as it was in the past?

Anyway, I wouldn't expect more Lucky Star before 2012. Doesn't feel realistic to me. There's K-On!! hype everywhere, why divide the fandom now...
Old 2010-09-30, 11:04   Link #2639
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Anyway, I wouldn't expect more Lucky Star before 2012. Doesn't feel realistic to me. There's K-On!! hype everywhere, why divide the fandom now...
I agree with you overall, but most people who are now fans of K-ON would most likely welcome a second season of Lucky Star, and I'd say after 2013 ends it would seem rather unlikely that we would see more of it since it would have been over 5 years after the OVA then.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 12:05   Link #2640
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

lol why not make a sign the petition (translated into English and Japanese) of a Lucky Star season 2? After volume 10?

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen