AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-12-07, 23:07   Link #2001
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Can't believe I'm talking Colts but as a Colts fan, do you consider Brown a bust already?
Have you seen this kid play?

I could stick a log in the backfield stick the ball into a slot and have that log fall over and he would match browns production. The guy has no awareness for the o line, I've seen him constantly run smack into his guards leg. The worst part about Brown is he's infectious to the Colts running core. Before Brown played Mike Hart was a hard runner, now he;s similar although I give him a pass since he's still nursing an ankle injury but javaaris james can't run at all unless the endzone is in sight, I just find it a lack of effort on both those running backs. I mean you can't just run into your oline, it kills any momentum you build and literally you see him truck his guards calf, bounce off and fall down.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 02:53   Link #2002
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post

I could stick a log in the backfield stick the ball into a slot and have that log fall over and he would match browns production. The guy has no awareness for the o line, I've seen him constantly run smack into his guards leg. The worst part about Brown is he's infectious to the Colts running core. Before Brown played Mike Hart was a hard runner, now he;s similar although I give him a pass since he's still nursing an ankle injury but javaaris james can't run at all unless the endzone is in sight, I just find it a lack of effort on both those running backs. I mean you can't just run into your oline, it kills any momentum you build and literally you see him truck his guards calf, bounce off and fall down.
Sounds pretty bad. Are holes are being consistently opened though?
Old 2010-12-08, 11:02   Link #2003
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I'm not sure the Patriots are the Spurs of the NFL. Sure, they aren't as flashy as some other teams but they're still exciting to watch. Especially with guys like Woodhead, 5'8 and sub 200 lbs charging forward, breaking tackles, and being so damn agile you wonder if he's walking on air rather than turf...

Manning's a great QB, but I agree with JS it's time we realized Brady is the best of this era.
I would say they're the 49ers of this generation because of hard work. Brady and Beilcheck ( won't call'em Belicheat for this time.) have been successful on elevating their gameplan and know for a fact that they'll be Texas by start of February, If they keep playing West Coast Offense they manage this season. We have four weeks left till the NFL season and Dilla can you make an ESPN bowl's picks for animesuki this year.

PM me If you did already!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 14:32   Link #2004
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
BREAKING NEWS: Urban Cryer Steps down at Florida

"Does Tomahawk Chop"

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5899478
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 18:19   Link #2005
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Eagles' Vick leads Pro Bowl voting

Doggoneit, if that ain't America^^...But seriously, I think it's interesting that some people believe this is a direct result of America being the place of second chances and all that jazz, but I think it's a result of people simply not caring or thinking that what he did (While quite wrong) has anything to do with football...I've always thought the whole anti-Mike Vick sentiment was far more media based in nature... I remember when he came back to the league and they were saying Peta people and protesters would almost do terrorist level $hit during Vick games, but save for a handful of people at every game not much more than a whisper on that...I think this is just another example of how the media just don't know $hit bout $hit...
Old 2010-12-08, 20:32   Link #2006
ChainLegacy
廉頗

^I've always thought sports and off field conduct are two separate spheres. Which is why I think Pete Rose should be in the baseball hall of fame, but that's another issue for another thread.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 20:07   Link #2007
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Look Prodigy it’s certainly arguable, but Drew Bress set an NFL RECORD with completion % (A 20+ year record he beat)...He had more TD’s and less INT’s than the guy who won and engineered a similar 13-0 start…He had 3 brilliant National TV games (What really wins the MVP), and his performance verses the Patriots last season on Monday Night Football was a perfect QB rating game head-to-head with Tom Terrific…I read articles by football historians breaking that game down and they posited that his game against the Patriots may have been the single most exemplary performance by a QB in the modern era (Don't take it from me click and see)....I mean he did this to Belichick's Defense!

Now obviously this shouldn’t be the main criteria for giving a guy an MVP, but to put up better numbers than Manning and be a 5’9 Ewok in comparison to Manning’s stature says a lot about the incredible skill set this guy possesses…I know this will be taken with a salt-grain, but he clearly won the MVP last year…Favre was great too, but the Saints 13-0 start with Brees at the helm put him above Favre and Chris Johnson's great year (on an 0-6 start team)...
Well even though I don't like the guy, I give Favre the edge because he produced those stats with a team that had no offense besides AP. First year he joins the team, Sidney Rice has a breakout year and the team was 1 play away from making the Superbowl.

The way I see it is, Brees and Johnson will probably get a MVP or two before they retire so why not give it to the old man.

Isn't Brees 6'?

Quote:
Like I said Brady is killing it right now, but I'm not under Aizen Sousuke's hypnosis on this...
LOL that made my day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Manning threw another interception and the Cowboys win.As of now they are out of the playoffs. Jacksonville leads the division by 1.5 games.
It's not over yet! No offense to anyone but, I would rather see the Colts in the playoffs than the Jags.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 20:27   Link #2008
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:

Seems like the organization has almost let the team wither away and hope that Peyton can do it all himself. Is this a money-saving tactic? I know they have a lot of players on the roster to pay. Reggie Wayne and Peyton Manning with their deals, etc. But I can't remember the last time they decided to take a splash in free agency and get a difference maker. Unless I'm forgetting someone. Not that you have to go into free agency to build a team. You can build through the draft and Polian usually excels at this. But they really haven't had a consistent running game since Edgerrin James was there. I would hope that Jim Irsay and Bill Polian get players and help not just Manning out, but the team overall.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 21:20   Link #2009
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post

It's not over yet! No offense to anyone but, I would rather see the Colts in the playoffs than the Jags.
Well, they have the Jags up next, if they lose it'll be over unofficially. Being two games down with three left would hard to overcome.

Plus, Jags would have the sweep in case of tie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Seems like the organization has almost let the team wither away and hope that Peyton can do it all himself.
That's exactly what they did, it was apparent when they kept head coach hire in-house. Caldwell wasn't even a coordinator.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 22:46   Link #2010
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
That's exactly what they did, it was apparent when they kept head coach hire in-house. Caldwell wasn't even a coordinator.
Just like Mike Singletary. Given the job even though he was clearly not qualified. Making Peyton Manning essentially the head coach was a retarded idea. Perhaps just trying to save money.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-12-10, 23:07   Link #2011
Nosauz

The colts are very frugal, if you look at their payroll besides the big splash for saturday, freeny and mathis, their skill players wayne manning, and addai, Polian has done very little to spend on a perenial contender, the average salary for the rest of colts players short these guys is about 300k which is chump change, it worked before because they had guys to step up and play for a new contract, like bracket, sanders, powers, but now these guys are getting hurt left and right, and the lack of CBA for next year, there really is no incentive to get your ass killed on the turf this year when your future is not there. And yes the Colts really do not dig through FA at all, they really haven't signed anyone except for Rhodes, the only people they accept are those promoted from the practice squad but unlike Bellichek it looks like the teams ability to scout top unpaid talent has dwindled. I mean with a year out from Garcon's break out year, he's fallen to earth, and his once steady hands are not steady hands anymore. The franchise is in trouble and if they don't do anything, they'll wear out one of the greatest of all time, because really one person can only carry a team for so long.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 01:52   Link #2012
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Not to mention Manning doesn't have too many years left realistically. He's what, 35 or 36 years old? How many more years are they going to get out of him? 5? Maybe? I don't see him playing like Brett Favre.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 02:52   Link #2013
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Not to mention Manning doesn't have too many years left realistically. He's what, 35 or 36 years old? How many more years are they going to get out of him? 5? Maybe? I don't see him playing like Brett Favre.
34. I'm guessing he plays for four more years.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-12-12, 00:10   Link #2014
Prodigy
Heartless

Football news: Newton wins Heisman. Vikings and Giants game moved to Monday.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 00:14   Link #2015
solomon

Pfft Ray Charles saw Newton winning the damned thing.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-12, 01:42   Link #2016
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Pfft Ray Charles saw Newton winning the damned thing.
Still, it pleases me! War Eagle!
Old 2010-12-12, 03:23   Link #2017
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Still, it pleases me! War Eagle!
And War Eagle = An Auburn Tiger, somehow...
Old 2010-12-12, 04:00   Link #2018
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
Football news: Newton wins Heisman. Vikings and Giants game moved to Monday.
Good for Newton. Hopefully either he or Luck are in a 49ers jersey come opening day 2011 (assuming there is one).

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2010-12-12, 12:31   Link #2019
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
And War Eagle = An Auburn Tiger, somehow...
Awww hush corndog!

And LSU fans = smell like corndogs, somehow...
Hahahaha! All in fun man, all in fun.

I know you have heard the history of the War Eagle cry being from the SEC!
Old 2010-12-12, 15:18   Link #2020
Samari
World's Greatest

Anyone see the Metrodome cave in?

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Tags
american football, sports