AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-18, 12:05   Link #261
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
about episode 2 (since watching the raw) there is only one thing that mostly bothers me about the bombing plan

bombs explode only one time, if they miss the zone bombed can't explode again, so that makes any zone which already exploded being safe
so why, yuki and yuno should move around risking to get bombed, while staying in an already bombed zone should be the safest place?
to reach/stop minene because she's taking ostages?.. :/ doubt it's that
to reach/kill minene because she's trying to kill them? well first at least avoid being killed before planning to kill others :/
to reach/kill minene before she gives up and leave, only to return later to attack again? that would be a case, but they're making an heavy use of the diary, normally that coure of action would be senseless :/

in the end assassination with random bombing in a big building is quite an ineffective method :/
Death flag/Dead end was triggered, so unless they change it something, Yukki would have died. Up until stabbing Uryuu's eye, Yukki would have died at 14:04, timed explosive, IRC. So yeah, not only Yukki would have died, but also other people, if they stayed at a secured area inside the school building.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 12:35   Link #262
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Death flag/Dead end was triggered, so unless they change it something, Yukki would have died. Up until stabbing Uryuu's eye, Yukki would have died at 14:04, timed explosive, IRC. So yeah, not only Yukki would have died, but also other people, if they stayed at a secured area inside the school building.
to me the unlocking event was when yuno removed the controller from minene,
even so, it's a bit odd only removing the controller was enouth, since a timed bomb can explode according to the timer, so there would have not been the need for a direct command for the final explosion, that was a plan hole

about the final explosion, there should have been something more than just bombs in each class, since if it was only that, staying in an already exploded class should have been enouth to survive at the big one
so probably or there was a bigger bomb somewhere, or minene had planned also a building demolition for the final time

about other people dieing yuno hadn't a big problem with that

my bother was mostly with the chosen course of action, yeah they had to change something, but of all the things they directly chosed to enter the mined zone :/
maybe it's because i'm still thinking a normal response to that event, while making use of the diaries they don't need to think too much ahead, but only to avoid the present :/
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 12:55   Link #263
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
If you think deep about it, it becomes very confusing. We know that diaries at first show things as they'd happen if no prediction is included in the picture, and we know that such future changes as soon as a diary holder tries to change that prediction. But when that actually happens? And does any action of a diary holder counts or only an action that actively tries to change a predicted scenario?

If it's the former it's preposterous, because a diary holder performs actions constantly and the future would keep changing non-stop. If it's the latter then one would wonder how Minene was able to change the future if her diary is just the "escape diary" and shouldn't have helped at all in the situation.

The main problem in this episode is the fact that Minene planned to use Yuki's classmates from the very beginning, but nothing of the sort was displayed in either Yuki's or Yuno's diary. The diary entries changed at the very instant Yuno and Yuki realized it with their own eyes. How? Why? Minene even disabled the movement sensors a while eaerlier, so how come that wasn't predicted in her opponents' diaries preemptively?

There is then the 4th diary to consider. How much his diary predicted about the situation? Didn't predict that Minene would ask him to kill Yukiteru and himself? If not, why? What caused the diary to miss that planned particular and what created the change?

Well as you see I don't really think that Esuno thought it through enough. But considering the general trend of the story I don't mind it that much. I mean... there are missiles flying from Minene's skirt and bikes materializing out of nowhere. Let's just give up on that.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 13:06   Link #264
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
If it's the former it's preposterous, because a diary holder performs actions constantly and the future would keep changing non-stop. If it's the latter then one would wonder how Minene was able to change the future if her diary is just the "escape diary" and shouldn't have helped at all in the situation.
Minene diary never actually made sense to me, even in the manga. I am pretty sure that the names of the diary do not necessarily reflect the function of them, as the owners names them themselves.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 13:25   Link #265
Shadow6543

so much Yandere my body wasnt ready this ep gets an 8.5 from me and yes im extremely biased
Old 2011-10-18, 13:49   Link #266
kitten320

If go logically about this, Minene should have just blown all bombs at once and be done with that. There is no way they could avoid it. Or she could have instantly stabbed Yuki way before explosions started. She had time to do it before Yuno had popped into scene.

And if go totally logically, I have no idea how she managed to hide rockets under her skirt and get a motorcycle of thin air.

What I hope for right now, is that I don't want everyone go and hunt Yuki down. I want them to hunt down each other too. Because let's be fair, if we have a match up with a pathetic MAIN hero and a total badass and proffesional side character, the pathetic main one will still find the way to win. That's BORING!
I want side character VS sidecharacter, it is MUCH harder to predict the winner.
Old 2011-10-18, 14:31   Link #267
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Too be fair Minene was actually trying to kill the 4th, so this was actually a battle between the 9th and the 4th with the 1st used as a bait.

I'll go by the assumption that none of the bombs Minene triggered in the school were meant to kill Yukiteru. I'm not 100% sure about that, but it does make more sense this way. If those bombs would kill him if he didn't actively try to avoid them, then the set time for his death should have been at the time of those explosions and constantly changing each time he avoided them. This seems to be confirmed by the fact nowhere a prediction said that Yuki would die from them, just that he'd be wounded. That was probably Minene objective.

So what Yuki and Yuno changed was the order Minene would trigger her bombs they didn't exactly avoid death because Minene was just trying to lure them outside. The predicted time of Yuki's death remained the same throughout the whole "battle".

So what Minene was actually aiming to was the 4th and she was planning to get two birds with a stone by killing the 1st at the same time.

You'd still wonder why her final plan didn't appear in anyone's diary since it was set. And you'd still wonder why she didn't lure Yuki and the 4th in a place completely surrounded by bombs from which they couldn't possibly escape. You'd also wonder if it was a good idea to try to kill the 4th by involving another diary holder. In the end she found herself outnumbered 3 to 1. Of course she couldn't know about Yuno, but still 2 to 1 is bad in itself.

There's also the fact that despite this being a 9th VS 4th battle, if it wasn't for Yuno and Yuki it would have been quite lopsided. the 4th didn't do anything relevant at all.

Old 2011-10-18, 14:38   Link #268
Kagayaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
If go logically about this, Minene should have just blown all bombs at once and be done with that. There is no way they could avoid it. Or she could have instantly stabbed Yuki way before explosions started. She had time to do it before Yuno had popped into scene.
Yes, if she was trying to kill Yuki, then she would've blown all the bombs at once.

The fourth explains this by saying that she was actually trying to get him on the scene. Killing Yuki in the process of killing the fourth would have just been a secondary benefit.

Quote:
What I hope for right now, is that I don't want everyone go and hunt Yuki down. I want them to hunt down each other too. Because let's be fair, if we have a match up with a pathetic MAIN hero and a total badass and proffesional side character, the pathetic main one will still find the way to win. That's BORING!
I want side character VS sidecharacter, it is MUCH harder to predict the winner.
It was two strong characters (Yuno and the 4th) and one weak character (Yuki) vs. one strong character (9th). So it's not entirely ridiculous that the 3-person team would win.

The main character plot armor definitely is a problem with shows like this though, although I'd imagine it's hard to avoid for writers. If we have side character vs side character, then people will complain, "Why should we care about either of them?" I'm sure there's some middle ground that writers should be aiming for.

Quote:
And if go totally logically, I have no idea how she managed to hide rockets under her skirt and get a motorcycle of thin air.
Yeah, I'm not sure how she got over the gate either. Oh well
Old 2011-10-18, 15:27   Link #269
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure how she got over the gate either. Oh well
Maybe she bomb jumped it.

Old 2011-10-18, 15:33   Link #270
com_gwp

Quote:

As a reader myself I can tell you that even thought the premise of the series seems to suggest a more "realistic" type of story, the story itself is pretty darn wacky and unrealistic at times, so its best not to think so hard on logics and just await the crazy twists to come
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 15:50   Link #271
TakezoMusashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
As a reader myself I can tell you that even thought the premise of the series seems to suggest a more "realistic" type of story, the story itself is pretty darn wacky and unrealistic at times, so its best not to think so hard on logics and just await the crazy twists to come
Yeah, it would be best not to think too hard with this show.
Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

How is the escape diary even work?
Does it just tell you the best way to escape the situation?
TakezoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 15:58   Link #272
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakezoMusashi View Post
don't actually see her diary but...assume so? Of all the diaries 9th's is the one I was never fully sure how it worked.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 16:10   Link #273
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Yeah, it would be best not to think too hard with this show.
Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I think you answered your own question.

I think the manga readers have raised my expectations way too high in regard to Yuno. Because I keep expecting super-crazy things from her, and so far she's mostly disappointed.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 16:17   Link #274
TakezoMusashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I think the manga readers have raised my expectations way too high in regard to Yuno. Because I keep expecting super-crazy things from her, and so far she's mostly disappointed.
It's only been 2 episodes...

Besides shes already gone farther than I've seen most Yanderes go.
Intentionally setting off explosives too kill classmates is pretty insane.
TakezoMusashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 16:26   Link #275
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
It's only been 2 episodes...

Besides shes already gone farther than I've seen most Yanderes go.
Intentionally setting off explosives too kill classmates is pretty insane.
Yeah, seriously. Give the psychotic stalker at least a couple more episodes to start sending chills down your spine. Mirai Nikki has only gotten started and we're already knee deep into a proverbial twilight zone of murder, mystery and mayhem.

Just wait until something seriously bad starts happening to Yukkii. Yuno's going to go freakin' ape...
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 17:02   Link #276
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 2:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 17:29   Link #277
Forsaken_Infinity

I loved this episode.

Thus far, Mirai Nikki is my favorite show currently airing. They are really hitting home with this adaptation. Absolutely awesome stuff.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 17:31   Link #278
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
Yes, if she was trying to kill Yuki, then she would've blown all the bombs at once.

The fourth explains this by saying that she was actually trying to get him on the scene. Killing Yuki in the process of killing the fourth would have just been a secondary benefit.
She could have stabbed Yuki to deah and then went bombing the school to get the 4th to come out. Like that she would 100% get at least one bird, and the most pathetic one at that.

Quote:
It was two strong characters (Yuno and the 4th) and one weak character (Yuki) vs. one strong character (9th). So it's not entirely ridiculous that the 3-person team would win.

The main character plot armor definitely is a problem with shows like this though, although I'd imagine it's hard to avoid for writers. If we have side character vs side character, then people will complain, "Why should we care about either of them?" I'm sure there's some middle ground that writers should be aiming for.
I didn't mean this fight in particular but over all. If I had to choose which one to watch I would go for side VS side than main VS side because the later one can be predicted without even trying.

And to be fully truthul I'll better watch insane people going at it despite not knowing who they are than keep watching a crying baby

I can understand him and all but why mangakas are so obessed with pathetic main characters? I mean come on! Is it really that hard to create a decent main character who is not crying each 5 seconds? This kind of people do improve and all but to be totally fair, in real life he would've been dead more than 20 times by now.
Old 2011-10-18, 17:39   Link #279
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I join the choir of those who say you should wait before giving a verdict. You haven't seen 1/10 of the crazy stuff Yuno can do.

To be honest watching this episode I found myself surprised to see Yuno that weak and tame. Well it's not like in the manga she's different, it's just that I got used to the way crazier Yuno of later chapters.

Quote:
why mangakas are so obessed with pathetic main characters?
Because it is an established fact that stories where people can identify to the mc tend to be more successfull among a young demographic. And apparently magaka believe that their average reader is as pathetic as their main characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
I loved this episode.

Thus far, Mirai Nikki is my favorite show currently airing. They are really hitting home with this adaptation. Absolutely awesome stuff.
I really appreciate the faithful rendition, but I can't help cringing in front of the low quality animation. I didn't think there could be worse than DEEN but I guess I was wrong. It's a pity because the OP and the ED are very well done. I guess it's a matter of budget in the end.

Old 2011-10-18, 17:42   Link #280
Nixl

I just ate a whole piece of humble pie just because I thought this adaption would be awful. Yuno's characterization has been damn good so far, especially the end of episode 1. Although, Yukki's voice actor reaffirms my belief that Yuno is what made the manga/anime so fun.
Nixl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere