AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-06-08, 03:54   Link #1101
maxxus0923
Fairy Legion

How will Deathstinger(Zoids) will weave thru Muv-Luv verse?
maxxus0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 13:55   Link #1102
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

The latest Comet is out.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 20:15   Link #1103
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Also, we had a great deal of fun with some of the stuff in it. Look for cameos by two of the Extraverse Genderbent trio.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 20:45   Link #1104
John117xCortana

Since this version of Yuuya is more mature he'd most likely just brush off or downright ignore Yui's Yamato Damashii towards him won't he?

Last edited by John117xCortana; 2013-06-12 at 11:25.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 21:25   Link #1105
Chibiloli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
The latest Comet is out.
I'll get back to reading it then, so when are you gonna continue the total eclipse Extra drama AMT?
Old 2013-06-12, 00:16   Link #1106
MitchelJohn
SPiCa~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Since this version of Yuuya is more matrue he'd most likely just brush off or downright ignore Yui's Yamato Damashii towards him won't he?
Well I'm not not gonna expect that to happen or something, he did lose Cryska, maybe he will get another chance of love with Yui, unless he totally devoted his love for Cryska and there is no other woman he can devote for.
MitchelJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 00:56   Link #1107
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

FOOLISH MORTALS!

Yuuya's only love the Shiranui Niigata!

Unless he's trying to build a harem of mecha-waifu. Lesse, Strke Eagle, Raptor, Black Widow II...

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-06-12, 05:59   Link #1108
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Lol, now to wait for Yuuya meeting Yui.
Wonder if Yui will go fangirl over him?

PS: Now that two Snakes have been shown, cant wait for the third to appear.
Old 2013-06-12, 07:17   Link #1109
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Who knows~

LoL, if Liquid Snake does exist in there, then he's obviously on Agent Barchenow's team.
Old 2013-06-12, 11:11   Link #1110
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So if we're talking about snakes - then my speculations:

Solid - Colonel David Plissken, United States National Guard (given that there's an NG A-10 squadron at Baltimore, Maryland). He's established as a US Army pilot, and many Cold War vets transferred to the Guard to keep flying while getting a civvie job to support the lifestyle. *shrug*

Solidus - Major General George Sears. Stayed in the Army, maybe at some point transferred to the Space Forces. *shrug* Or maybe he's an Army, running STAB as a concession made by USSF to Hexagon.

Liquid - Probably ex-SAS, and, like AMT said, obviously one of Agent Barchenow's assets.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-06-13, 04:13   Link #1111
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...no Raiden? Or have I missed something in reading?

...also, this fic takes on a whole new feel after I watched the latest MGSV trailer.

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-06-13 at 06:06.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 11:14   Link #1112
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

I thought it was obvious that Yuuya was Raiden.

....Oh wait, I gave him "Steven" for middle name. Which means.....

'NANOMCHINES, SON!'
Old 2013-06-16, 04:10   Link #1113
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...frustrated like you won't believe. And dealing with anxiety attacks (won't explain about it, very personal, it'll sound like an excuse).

I don't want to write a story that's "Yukikaze in Muv-Luv Land". I want to use the feel and themes from the Yukikaze novels, but also tell my own story. It's frustrating, enraging, frightening and stressful because every time I put something to word it sounds like someone else has already done it in another novel, story, or even in real life.

This is the creative process I go through when writing a story. i effectively go clinically insane for long periods at a time.
Old 2013-06-16, 07:54   Link #1114
issuzark
Resident yoyoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
...frustrated like you won't believe. And dealing with anxiety attacks (won't explain about it, very personal, it'll sound like an excuse).

I don't want to write a story that's "Yukikaze in Muv-Luv Land". I want to use the feel and themes from the Yukikaze novels, but also tell my own story. It's frustrating, enraging, frightening and stressful because every time I put something to word it sounds like someone else has already done it in another novel, story, or even in real life.

This is the creative process I go through when writing a story. i effectively go clinically insane for long periods at a time.
Jet fighters? In my Mabu-ravu?
Is this where suddenly pilots are good enough to evade Laser class?
Then we'd have a special Laser-class diversion squadron. Eh?

柚香マイワイフ!<3
issuzark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 09:21   Link #1115
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by issuzark View Post
Jet fighters? In my Mabu-ravu?
Is this where suddenly pilots are good enough to evade Laser class?
Then we'd have a special Laser-class diversion squadron. Eh?
I think Wavehawk means Yukikaze as a TSF.

...which would be a recon-specced Active Eagle, since Novel Sylph and Super Sylph are based off the Active Eagle (though the tails are canted outwards, there's some stealthy features, and greater wing sweep).

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-06-16, 12:08   Link #1116
John117xCortana

And thrust vectoring. With an on board sentient ( or semi sentient) AI.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 19:42   Link #1117
Mangathell

Hi everyone! Doesn't take much to see that I'm new here but I come bearing a question related to espers, aliens and time travelers, well mostly about espers

My question relates to the question of esper generations. On the muv luv wiki it states that inia and trista's last name, sestina is a reference to the generation of esper that they were born into, but it doesn't say where in muv luv canon this information is imparted furthermore where did the reference to sestina being a reference to generation six espers specifically.

Anyway, if the part of muv luv canon that tells me the answer for this question is in the original three visual novels, then you know what to tell this noob!
Mangathell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 05:46   Link #1118
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I think Wavehawk means Yukikaze as a TSF.

...which would be a recon-specced Active Eagle, since Novel Sylph and Super Sylph are based off the Active Eagle (though the tails are canted outwards, there's some stealthy features, and greater wing sweep).
- ...which I am currently trying to convert a Koto 1/144 Strike Eagle into. Sans the recce abilities. It won't look like the TE Active Eagle. Right now it's conceptually like the Hazel series from Gundam--grunt machines remodified into weapons and system testbeds.

I've just done a reread of Yukikaze and Good Luck Yukikaze and am back on writing sporadic bits and pieces of the story (apart from hours of despair after messy days at work), but my concern was that I didn't want to rehash stuff that was in Kambayashi's novels or shown in the Yukikaze OVA. I toyed with the idea of having TSFs do that crazy 180 flight trick, but that's done (and isn't quite as cool with humanoid robots).

Definitely need to clean the mess up once it's done. But for now I'll try to work out the next segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangathell
On the muv luv wiki it states that inia and trista's last name, sestina is a reference to the generation of esper that they were born into, but it doesn't say where in muv luv canon this information is imparted furthermore where did the reference to sestina being a reference to generation six espers specifically.
- Honestly don't know. But this is the fanfiction section, so maybe the General and Game Discussion thread might be a better place to ask the question.
Old 2013-06-23, 21:56   Link #1119
erakk
Damned Basterd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
....Oh wait, I gave him "Steven" for middle name.
Question:
I don't know if it was already been explained on the earlier chapters, since i have bad memory, but, in Comet, are Yui and Yuuya... related?

Well i believe you would love to see the yuiya ship sailing the seven seas...
Me too.
Old 2013-06-24, 06:39   Link #1120
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

What I'm working on so far.
Quote:
The Phantom Arc followed Icon flight's movements from above.

Elle's eyes rapidly flicked between the UCAV's readouts and the TSF head-mounted cameras. Each was a tiny picture in her peripheral vision, automatically resizing when her eyes rested on them.

The Watchtower sees all. The yellow-burnt and blasted terrain and the two TSFs that flew below. The blue sky empty of clouds. There was none of the romance of flying in these skies.

Elle had not been briefed on Icon Flight's mission profile, nor did she care. Her duty was to fly the UCAV and monitor both pilots and TSFs. And a small test unit would be easier on her workload than monitoring an entire squadron.

Readouts on the two TSFs' jump engines indicated the same FE119-PW-100 engine used in the F-22 Raptor series of TSFs. As such they cruised smoothly over the landscape, like mere airplanes and not giant avatars of men.

The French Bocage was a patchwork quilt of browns and greens, Burkhart remembered her father's words. Only a few kilometers away was what remained of Objective 12, the Lyons Hive in France. Elle could not reconcile the lifeless plains she saw below with the stories her father told her of this country.

Her mother's country. Elle switched off that part of her mind, that part that could feel.

Again, she checked the images of the TSF cockpits. The Pilots inside wore the same non-standard fortified suit and helmet as the dead Icon-1 pilot had. Burkhart could not see any facial features, and assumed they were male only because of the bulky suit they both wore.

No chatter. No glib conversation as expected of normal pilots. Elle thought it unnatural, as every flight she had worked with bonded with radio chatter. It was a reassurance, a verbal holding of hands between pilots that no one was fighting this war alone. That pilots and soldiers would always be there for each other.

The Icon pilots' mute actions were those of lonely, unmanned machines. Both went through the flight plan silently, almost mechanically. Professional, cool and quietly going through the flight without a gesture or remark. It didn't seem like either Icon pilot was doing anything but flying their TSFs, albeit with a silent intensity Elle had not seen before. As she thought this, her eye focused and highlighted another tiny screen of information.

The feedback information from both machines was anything but silent.

Icon-2 and 3 were consistently throwing virtual data at each other. Burkhart was not a programmer or analyst; she could not understand all of what was being transmitted, but some of it involved altitude and rangefinding data. The rest seemed like gibberish.

Not commands or code. It's like random garbage data. It was not a tit-for-tat exchange, but like a flood. Neither Icon-2 or 3 seemed interested in the information the other transmitted, only what was sent. As if the two machines were having a heated conversation. Or an argument.

Or they're sending this out for my benefit.

Elle then stopped, mentally.

She couldn't explain why, maybe it was an intuition. But she suddenly felt like the two machines had been feigning a conversation specifically for the benefit of an eavesdropper like herself. The emotional part of her brain accused herself of paranoia, but there was an odd certainty to this feeling. Burkhart wondered if it was a prank, or if the pilots and crew of Phantom Works were testing her on this flight.

The pilots in the machines remained starkly intent on their flying.

Still, she questioned the growing feeling. Though her senses and mind were immersed within the eyes and ears of Phantom Arc, her physical form was in the control seat back at base.

No, I'm back at base, where the Phantom Works team can see me. Burkhart corrected herself. Like TSFs, the high-end UCAVs presented their pilot with a realtime view of the current situation. But it wasn't as if she were actually in the Phantom Arc. Stop dissociating.

Maybe the one truly being observed was Elle herself.

A blue inverted pyramid appeared on the aerial map. There, Burkhart noted. It was a navigational waypoint, set for both Phantom Arcand Icon Flight. The barren wastes ahead were featureless save for hills of rubble and craters from distant artillery shelling. The waypoints were the only reference available to any of them.

The data flying between Icon-2 and 3 stopped as both machines acknowledged the waypoint, then continued their exchange. Burkhart saw no reaction from either pilot during this, which disturbed her.

A new initiative? Elle's brain wondered if this was it. TSF operation and systems were being continually improved. Controls began to be more immersive; Phantom Works may be experimenting with a new TSF interface. Possibly one more immersive than the UCAV helmet system Elle was using. Who was to say that the data streams she had seen weren't actually the communications of the pilots themselves? Like her, they may have subsumed themselves into the TSFs they piloted.

But no, Elle dismissed the idea. It didn't match with what she felt.

There was a sudden warning on her screen, blaring red. Elle's eyes flicked to the plan map, and a smaller shot from Phantom Arc's long-range tactical camera. The UCAV's image recognition caught it before she did.

CODE:991

"BETA spotted." Burkhart reported, unnaturally calm.

Tags
fanfiction, harem