AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2016-02-17, 11:43   Link #4521
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

BTW... You play Steampunk series games?

Since you looking for new stuff to play, might as well try it. Honestly of all eroge, for me this series is second only to Shinza.
Old 2016-02-17, 18:07   Link #4522
nero12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
BTW... You play Steampunk series games?

Since you looking for new stuff to play, might as well try it. Honestly of all eroge, for me this series is second only to Shinza.
Steampunk is Sharnoth, Inganock etc. right? I actually have them on my PC but never came around to actually playing them for some reason.
I really can't decide on one thing to play/watch between all the new games, anime, VNs, LNs, Manga that I have on my wishlist.
Old 2016-02-17, 18:56   Link #4523
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

For the past year I've been playing text-based adventure games on my mobile phone (Choice of Games). In a sense, it has replaced my interest for Visual Novels on PC due to its convenience, and a severe lack of good quality Visual Novels in general on mobile (I've only been able to identify Loop The Loop, Stellaren, and Narcissu. I don't play Korean titles).

What do you guys think? Personally I would absolutely love to play VNs on mobile phones because it's a lot more convenient for me. Continuity of degraded immersion over the complete breaking of immersion, I've found out, is what I prefer.
Old 2016-02-17, 19:08   Link #4524
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero12 View Post
Steampunk is Sharnoth, Inganock etc. right? I actually have them on my PC but never came around to actually playing them for some reason.
I really can't decide on one thing to play/watch between all the new games, anime, VNs, LNs, Manga that I have on my wishlist.
Yes, Steampunk is those. Celenaria to currently Shining Night. Starlight is in the works
Old 2016-03-26, 13:03   Link #4525
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

So Sekai Project has licensed Maitetsu.

I strongly fear that this isn't going to end well. They're probably going to butcher it by not releasing any 18+ version or patch and/or cutting out all the lolicon elements in the game.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 23:16   Link #4526
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Paying a visit to my old topic to announce as of March 31st 2016, my original favorite ero game company Elf Corporation has decided to close their homepage thus sealing the deal of the.....end of ELF, a fact that absolutely breaks my heart as it was because of THEM that I even got into ero games and visual novels in general....

I only wish they were at least able to go out with them properly finishing their recent game properly instead of cutting it short and ending it early, because man Maro no Kanja ga Gakutenkei 3 just felt really incomplete....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-20, 23:30   Link #4527
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
http://www.nitroplus.co.jp/game/tokyonecro/

For those waiting for it, Nitroplus' anniversary game, Tokyo Necro is out.

Looks pretty good. I'll play it purely for cyberpunk Tokyo alone
Explain this:

Spoiler for Protect your eyes first:

Found the video, Tokyo gurashi:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2016-04-20 at 23:47.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 06:18   Link #4528
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

What's there to explain lol..it's clearly the best game concept ever...

Screw it being an April Fool's...I demand Nitro make this real

I mean how can you resist Milgram being such a sexy beast...
Old 2016-04-21, 21:30   Link #4529
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The dog is what killed me laughting.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 00:02   Link #4530
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
The dog is what killed me laughting.
Lol Pavlov...yeah actually fitting too now that you mention it....Pavlov's Dog
Old 2016-06-13, 01:59   Link #4531
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Oh god...this living room.... I want.....

From Lamunation.

From the trial, I can't tell what the purpose of this game is, but the environment design is super-pretty, I'll give it that.

EDIT: Like seriously, I have no idea what the point of the story is. It's one guy and a bunch of pretty girls in a super-pretty near-future sci-fi-ish city with a very white and blue color palette, doing random things. Nothing gives any indication what the story is supposed to be about. Even a random nukige has more story than this.

But it's super-pretty to look at.

It's like one, long techno rave. There's even a part where they fight off a bunch of thugs and it looks like a rave.

Last edited by Newprimus; 2016-06-13 at 02:16.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-16, 09:26   Link #4532
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
Oh god...this living room.... I want.....

From Lamunation.

From the trial, I can't tell what the purpose of this game is, but the environment design is super-pretty, I'll give it that.

EDIT: Like seriously, I have no idea what the point of the story is. It's one guy and a bunch of pretty girls in a super-pretty near-future sci-fi-ish city with a very white and blue color palette, doing random things. Nothing gives any indication what the story is supposed to be about. Even a random nukige has more story than this.

But it's super-pretty to look at.

It's like one, long techno rave. There's even a part where they fight off a bunch of thugs and it looks like a rave.
Lol...even the game site doesn't explain much...but it does look like some kind of music game?
Old 2016-07-27, 22:53   Link #4533
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Corona Blossoms' trial has a built-in English option. Veeerrry nice. I'm glad their crowdfunding effort pulled through. More Western penetration by visual novels is always welcome.
Old 2016-12-18, 16:01   Link #4534
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

So, anyone remember 11eyes? The VN just got a surprise fan translation release.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-19, 02:46   Link #4535
Tenzen12

11 eyes? Is that game (anime) involving razors in tea and attempt of destroying world out of jealousy?

Actually I think I would give it shot as long as I don't have to clear childhood friend first (I never finished FSN because Saber either).
Old 2017-01-08, 02:13   Link #4536
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I just finished Majikoi A Plusdisk. I haven't finished Margit's route from A-5 yet when I started so I went and finished that first. The Margit harem route was very very satisfying
AP also had a "finale" route where pretty much all previous characters appeared in one grand battle and boy I enjoyed that. Classic majikoi excitement. A bit sad it's all over now, but all the good things right?

A couple months ago I also finished Sen no Hatou (August's latest game). Another Eustia really, despite the dark-ish setting everything just plays out real squeaky clean. The route is also straightforward Eustia where it's a big one-way highroad with other heroine exits on the way. And like Eustia, all the "fun" stuff are unlocked as an omake scenario after the story is over. All things considered, I like all the characters, the story was engaging enough and I had fun reading it.

I'm not sure what VN I'm expecting next, haven't really paid a visit to getchu lately. Lost that vigor of VN reading I used to have.
Old 2017-01-08, 04:16   Link #4537
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
Corona Blossoms' trial has a built-in English option. Veeerrry nice. I'm glad their crowdfunding effort pulled through. More Western penetration by visual novels is always welcome.
Except the Western's taste is so vastly different that really good VNs won't get localized and not many people will be able to enjoy it.

I always find this a pity. The reach isn't enough.
Old 2017-01-08, 04:20   Link #4538
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Except the Western's taste is so vastly different that really good VNs won't get localized and not many people will be able to enjoy it.

I always find this a pity. The reach isn't enough.
Looks at Dies localization efforts....

It's not about taste differences man....more like demand differences beyond merely "taste"
Old 2017-01-08, 05:01   Link #4539
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Looks at Dies localization efforts....

It's not about taste differences man....more like demand differences beyond merely "taste"
It's the same thing.

When people like something, they'll get it, demand goes up.

When something is disliked, there's no demand.

Taste here is quite indicative by the demand.
Old 2017-01-08, 06:05   Link #4540
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
It's the same thing.

When people like something, they'll get it, demand goes up.

When something is disliked, there's no demand.

Taste here is quite indicative by the demand.
"taste" implies stuff related to genre...plot...themes etc... Like what you seemingly mean when you talk about differences in game preferences. I use Dies to show how localizations can fail or almost fail even if an audience loves a game

The disconnect is way deeper than game preferences. TL;DR localizations don't succeed not solely because of the game but because of other factors which have nothing to do with what kind of tastes the audience has

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel