AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-05-08, 00:18   Link #41
Blackula_Jonez

didn't like it, just like the other 2 it is full of awesome action scenes with bland as all hell acting in between, and the villian almost everyone came to see only has 15 mins of screen time

and since it made $148 million in the US alone (not counting the money it made from other countries since it opened worldwide) they will more than likely make a 4th movie, even if they have to recast some characters
Blackula_Jonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 05:05   Link #42
Bandersnatch
Gantz Survivor

Send a message via AIM to Bandersnatch
The big surprise in the FoxNews.com report is word that one character who appears to die in Spidey 3 might return for Spidey 4. "It turns out I may not be completely dead," the unnamed actor who plays the unspecified character revealed.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/784/784823p1.html

Spoiler:

Shun me, for I am frumious!
Bandersnatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 19:42   Link #43
ibreatheanime

...spiderman 4...how many do they plan on making?
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 21:12   Link #44
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreatheanime View Post
How many James Bond film had they made ?
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 23:44   Link #45
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Ah, the movie I was sick of before it even came out in theatres. Tell me guy's have you ever turned on Teletoon only to have a black web with "5 More Days" written on it come splotching on to the screen taking up about a third of said screen while watching future, then gone on to your computer logged into MSN and had it pop up as a Today function, then gone to a Subway only to hear it being plugged on a radio show for 30 whole minutes and then picked up the newspaper in said Subway to see it plastered on the front page. I mean good god there's blanket coverage and then there is borderline invasion of your life coverage.

That said I heard it kind of pulled an X-Men 3 in terms of the way the plot was less cohesive than the first two movies and more action oriented.

Oh and whoever thought that

this = this needs to get their head examined.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 09:18   Link #46
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibreatheanime View Post
Well, keep in mine there are also 6 Rocky movies (I stopped watching them after the 2nd one), 6 Star Wars films (but those are awesome), and as MakubeX2 saiud, there have been a hack of a lot of James bond films, though, admittedly they haven't all been in chronological order.

I'm sure there are MANY more movies that I haven't named that have really long series.
Old 2007-05-09, 11:05   Link #47
Hydex

Saw it 2 days ago. Worst movie I've seen in a while (although I don't watch that many movies, it's still the worst out of 30 or so).
Hydex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 15:01   Link #48
ibreatheanime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Well, keep in mine there are also 6 Rocky movies (I stopped watching them after the 2nd one), 6 Star Wars films (but those are awesome), and as MakubeX2 saiud, there have been a hack of a lot of James bond films, though, admittedly they haven't all been in chronological order.

I'm sure there are MANY more movies that I haven't named that have really long series.
I see your point with the rocky films (although I have only watched the first one) however the james bond films are different from spiderman and its sequels because they have different "James Bond's" and aren't really sequels, but rather different stories.

Keep making sequels, as long as they don't get too ridiculous.
ibreatheanime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-09, 15:22   Link #49
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

i watch it last friday. Gives me an expression of . The scenes that attracted my eyes was when Peter Parker turned evil and wears the black spiderman clothing instead of the red one.

I think another sequel would ruin this movie, from my point of view i think is enough to cover the whole thing and stop producing more sequels.

Btw, i recall theres a red venom called Carnage. Does he belong in the spiderman series in the comic? or does Carnage belongs to somewhere else? All i know is that theres another type of enemy that is red like venom
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 01:46   Link #50
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
i watch it last friday. Gives me an expression of . The scenes that attracted my eyes was when Peter Parker turned evil and wears the black spiderman clothing instead of the red one.

I think another sequel would ruin this movie, from my point of view i think is enough to cover the whole thing and stop producing more sequels.

Btw, i recall theres a red venom called Carnage. Does he belong in the spiderman series in the comic? or does Carnage belongs to somewhere else? All i know is that theres another type of enemy that is red like venom
I can tell you who Carnage is:

Spoiler:
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 15:51   Link #51
Scourge87
Dark Lord of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandersnatch View Post
The big surprise in the FoxNews.com report is word that one character who appears to die in Spidey 3 might return for Spidey 4. "It turns out I may not be completely dead," the unnamed actor who plays the unspecified character revealed.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/784/784823p1.html

Spoiler:
Hell yes!!! My prayers have been answered!

Spoiler for movie:

Carnage would be pretty cool in the 4th movie. But I think if there's a 5th, Carnage might show up in that one.

Plus if you count how many Batman movies that have and will be made. I'm guessing Spidey will go on for a while
Scourge87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 20:59   Link #52
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydex View Post
Saw it 2 days ago. Worst movie I've seen in a while (although I don't watch that many movies, it's still the worst out of 30 or so).
Sadly, I totally agree with you on this one.

Spoiler:

Though, my problems with the movie are elsewhere (boring as hell )
Old 2007-05-13, 03:45   Link #53
Lelouch
Phaeton

there were some hot extras- when MJ was walking down the road, check out the bottom right of the screen and the women next to the bar at the jazz club scene
Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 20:45   Link #54
Tran225

the movie wasnt really that good i enjoyed number 2 more
Tran225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-31, 20:20   Link #55
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well I finally saw the movie and I guess underwhelming was the best way to describe it...I'm a huge fan of the Black-Spidey arc (my favorite arc from the comics and cartoon) and was disappointed with how they handled many aspects of the story...Having the symbiont just fall to earth like a scene from "Little Shop of Horrors" was the first bad mark (Shoulda used J. Jonah's son from part 2 keeping with the astronaut storyline of how venom was brought to earth) Secondly I love Topher Grace when it comes to dry-wit comedy but as Eddie Brock it was a bad miscast and made what was suppose to be a scary villain seem more comical then lethal...As for Sandman, they should have totally taken his entire character and storyline out of the movie...Too convoluted, too many villains, distracted from the main-story and overall his power wasn't that great...

This is a classic case of trying to do too much and you whine up not doing enuff...None of the storylines were fleshed out properly and many characters like Gwen Stacy, Harry, Eddie, Sandman were either underdeveloped or just rushed along in the pace of the movie...Krsten Dunst as Mary Jane was terrible as usual and nothing like her comicbook counter-part (which I have accepted)...and the whole Uncle Ben stuff seemed like it belonged in another movie...

Finally, this irritated me so much, but can anyone tell me why so many MASKED-CHARACTERS in this movie fought with their masks off?? I don't wanna see Toby McGuire's face in the final fight every movie, I wanna see spiderman...Harry didn't even wear a hob-goblin or green-goblin mask at all...and Black Spidey's scenes were just too short (Not to mention the lameness of the symbiont just being on the suit and not on Peter's body as it was supposed to be)...

On a positive note the action was pretty cool as to be expected, and I found some of the best parts of the movie is when Peter's mind is being affected by the suit and he turns into this apathetic, arrogant character...The scene where he walks the streets giving girls the "shotgun-finger" was hilarious as was the scene of him eating milk and cookies on the phone while bossing around his landlords daughter...The bar-dance scene was funny too...

Overall there's alot of entertainment to be found in the spectacle of this movie especially for those who don't know the real story, but too many characters, too many villains, too many storylines, and too many non-comic diversions, equal not even close to the great movie I envisioned...I'm being harsh because Black-Spidey is my favorite story...Only a part 4 can clean the mess this movie made which is soooo dissapointing considering how good part 2 was...
Old 2007-06-01, 13:01   Link #56
Shinmaru

Send a message via AIM to Shinmaru Send a message via MSN to Shinmaru Send a message via Yahoo to Shinmaru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun View Post
And oh my god, EMO PETER PARKER! When he was dancing and pointing while he was walking on the streets of New York.
Yeah, that's pretty easily the best part of the movie. The random thrusting, dancing and pointing is fantastic. I also just about died with laughter when Peter swished his hair. His interaction with the Doc Connors and the landlord's daughter was also great. "Go get me some nuts."

Spider-Man 3 is fine as pure entertainment. Can't say I was moved at all, but I had fun seeing it at least.
Shinmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 13:32   Link #57
arcadeplayer987

Spiderman 3 is a good movie, but only good not great.
I was expected for more from him
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-01, 15:45   Link #58
WhiteWings

For a third movie in the running the movie wasn't that bad at all. The only part I seriously want to be left out is the EXTREMEMELY cheesy part where Spiderman lands in front of the American flag. Please! Yeesh.
Old 2007-06-02, 08:38   Link #59
Smithj

A few things about Spiderman 3 when I watched it a week or two ago:

Spoiler for May contain spoliers of the movie:

I watched Hot Fuzz soon afterwards. While Hot Fuzz contains completely mindless British humour, it's saddening that the storyline of Hot Fuzz out did Spiderman 3 (and most of the current burning train-wrecks from Hollywood). While I don't consider Hot Fuzz as a great movie (albeit a gut busting funny one), comparing it to the other current Hollywood Boxoffice Winners, it's at the top.
Smithj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-02, 10:52   Link #60
arcadeplayer987

I agree with the first point: few action and only only from half to the end.
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote