Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Any sports game by EA. Enough said.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 18:44   Link #62
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

Games that I played in the past 1-2 years:

Zelda TP: This was my first Zelda game and to be honest, I found it so boring. I guess I just don't find the concept of dungeon crawling and puzzle interesting . I did manage to finish the game in the end (played it on the Wii) but I doubt I will play another Zelda game again.

Oblivion on the PS3: Bought this game and sold it 2 days later. I think I will just stick with JRPG.

Final Fantasy 12: The story wasn't too interesting and I don't really like the new battle system either. After your characters become strong enough and have the character settings right, you don't need to press any button to defeat most of the enemies and bosses.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue demo: I know this isn't the full game but even the demo was one of the most anticipated things on the PS3. I really hope PD can give the cars better sounds (I'm hoping at least up to GTR2 level), make the clutch and the neutral position of the gated shifter work on the G25 (even NFS Carbon and Prostreet have full G25 support). The picture contrast is totally different to the screenshots released earlier (just check out some comparison pics on GTPlanet) and FFB was very weak.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 19:42   Link #63
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post

Oblivion on the PS3: Bought this game and sold it 2 days later. I think I will just stick with JRPG.
Ah I forgot about that game, I agree with that. I got bored really quickly since it seemed like half my time was spent just walking around. The premise of exploring a huge world and finding items to become more powerful seemed slightly interesting at first, but then I found out that everything levels with you so you'd never really be at a significant advantage or disadvantage regardless of what you did. Not to mention the ridiculous dialog system and headache-inducing fetch quests in which you had to get the first item for the next to even appear on the map. Also in general I think that style of game is a lot better suited for an MMO. Exploring a big world is pretty boring when you realize you're the only one in it. And it's a lot more fun to brag to friends about your uber-geared character, instead of to your TV.

Heh, until this thread came along I didn't realize just how many disappointing games I have actually played.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 19:44   Link #64
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Hmmm... I guess I'll pencil down:
Neverwinter Nights 2: I mean this isn't a HUGE MASSIVE PHAIL kind of thing but... I expected a lot more. You only get 1 romance option. Apparently you can't have people run in their underwear anymore. You just CAN'T make a pretty girl because they all look butch or something...

It's a shame. The story is nice I think but... It doesn't compel me anymore. Plus the Keep is a unbelievably COOL idea. But then they say "Oh no wait you only spend so much time doing stuff here, then you can't anymore!"
Old 2007-11-30, 00:25   Link #65
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
You might find this interesting: KOTOR II Restoration Project ...if you don't already know about it.
Wow, ty so much for telling me. I can't believed I missed something as great as this....
Old 2007-11-30, 19:40   Link #66
GetBackers
Semper Fi

Top 2 Worst Games Ever.

Beowulf, worst game ever made.

Azurik: Rise Of Promethiawhatever, that game sucked soo bad, I wanted to kill myself.
GetBackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 11:47   Link #67
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Tales of Legendia.

Honestly, it felt like half of an RPG. Finishing the "Main Quest" at level ~30 didn't feel right, and bleh at the Character quests.

Also, that Iriya no Sora game for the DS. I enjoyed stuff like Lost in Blue, but even as just a visual novel, sh*t sucked.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 12:09   Link #68
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Tales of Legendia.

Honestly, it felt like half of an RPG. Finishing the "Main Quest" at level ~30 didn't feel right, and bleh at the Character quests.
I guess I both agree and disagree with this. My total playtime was almost 80 hrs so I can't really say it felt like half an rpg lengthwise. However, the fact that the character quests which were the entire second half of the game weren't voiced does kinda make it feel that way (There was actually a reason why this happened but it doesn't change my opinion of it). Recycling the dungeons for the second half was also pretty lame. And finally, it is really a shame that in such a character-driven game, the majority of the cast is just so annoying.

On the plus side though the soundtrack was amazing, and the combat system and story were functional enough to keep me going till the end, so I can't call it too much of a disappointment.
Old 2007-12-01, 13:15   Link #69
Adam E
Riskbreaker

I was fairly disappointed by Kingdom Hearts II, but not as much as I was by Ico. All these reviewers went on about how amazing Ico was, but I found it to be way too easy to enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
And finally, it is really a shame that in such a character-driven game, the majority of the cast is just so annoying.
The only character in Tales of Legendia that really annoyed me was Shirley. I wish the game would have let you fight and kill her. What a horrible character.
Adam E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 13:43   Link #70
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam E View Post

The only character in Tales of Legendia that really annoyed me was Shirley. I wish the game would have let you fight and kill her. What a horrible character.
Yeah Shirley is really one of the worst characters ever created, she has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Spoiler for plot:

I didn't really have any problems with Senel or Will, but as far as the rest of the cast goes:

Moses was funny at first but his stupidity really got old as the game went on.
Norma was never funny and her stupidity got old after 2 seconds.
Grune - see Norma

Did the game really need 3 airhead characters?

Jay- Emo and despite what everyone says he is even more immature than Moses. Their "arguments" were really childish and annoying, and they happened every time either one of them said anything.

And finally Chloe, a character I hate almost as much as Shirley
Spoiler for plot:
Old 2007-12-01, 14:11   Link #71
Jays

STALKER
Just a bad game. I was hyping this for the longest time, and when I got it, I couldn't even play it for 30 minutes because it was so bad. The lip synching alone was just a horrible mess.

Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Bad campaign, is the first thing that I disliked about this game. I hated the way the cutscenes ran with real life people, it looked like a cheap sci-fi movie from the early 90s. The game itself was a mess, way to fast, and broken. Tried it for a few days, just garbage.

Bioshock
Can't say I was really hyping this game. However when I did get, the first few hours actually made me like it. The rest, just bored me to death; the game is basically the same level, one after another. It felt mundane, and lacked some key essentials that made System Shock 2 a good game.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
This game has the worst RPG elements I have ever seen in my entire life. If I attempted to write down all of the problems with this game, it would be a pretty considerable list. Don't get me wrong, I put over 200+ hours into it, it's just that looking back, it was a mess.
- Bad glitches.
- Every dungeon, no matter what, was the exact same as the other.
- Linear and short storyline, as well as linear side quests.
- Poor character custimization.
ect...
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 16:41   Link #72
arcadeplayer987

NFS ProStreet is the biggest disappointing for me by far
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 17:01   Link #73
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
This game has the worst RPG elements I have ever seen in my entire life. If I attempted to write down all of the problems with this game, it would be a pretty considerable list. Don't get me wrong, I put over 200+ hours into it, it's just that looking back, it was a mess.
- Bad glitches.
ect...
I feel sort of the same way. I put a lot of hours into the game, and some parts were really enjoyable; but looking back, I see how empty it is at its core. In the beginning it seems vast and impressive, but things like seemingly randomly generated dungeons, repetitive enemies, horrible leveling system, dumb AI, lame story--they all make for a sour overall experience. If nothing else, they should have scrapped the immersion-breaking times modifier leveling system. Unless you waste hours and hours abusing the system, you feel like you've got a gimped character.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 21:41   Link #74
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
STALKER
Just a bad game. I was hyping this for the longest time, and when I got it, I couldn't even play it for 30 minutes because it was so bad. The lip synching alone was just a horrible mess.

Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Bad campaign, is the first thing that I disliked about this game. I hated the way the cutscenes ran with real life people, it looked like a cheap sci-fi movie from the early 90s. The game itself was a mess, way to fast, and broken. Tried it for a few days, just garbage.

Bioshock
Can't say I was really hyping this game. However when I did get, the first few hours actually made me like it. The rest, just bored me to death; the game is basically the same level, one after another. It felt mundane, and lacked some key essentials that made System Shock 2 a good game.

- Bad glitches.
ect...
Oh oh, agree there.

STALKER looked awesome... was really hoping for a good sandbox shooter. But it was buggy as hell, the weapons didn't really pack a punch, and the gameplay was otherwise extremely stale.

Bioshock... agreed here, thought it was overhyped from the beginning, and turned out to be right. Moral choice has been done a million times... Bioshock tried to pass it off like it was the first game to do it. ZZZ, time to run over a hooker in GTA.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 01:57   Link #75
darkadherent
none

Armored Core Project Phantasma
darkadherent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 05:27   Link #76
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Supreme Commander. Another RTS that had high hopes but turned out to be a boring ecospam, microless game. Difference here is that CNC3 matches lasted 20 minutes tops, whereas in SC, it takes 20 minutes just to REALLY started sometimes.
You might want to check out the expansion pack "Forged Alliance". The gameplay has been completely redone, and the focus is on map control rather than ecospam. I wonder why you say "microless" as though that's a bad thing though. The entire point of the game was to have as little micro as possible in order to allow for more strategic options.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 10:41   Link #77
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
You might want to check out the expansion pack "Forged Alliance". The gameplay has been completely redone, and the focus is on map control rather than ecospam. I wonder why you say "microless" as though that's a bad thing though. The entire point of the game was to have as little micro as possible in order to allow for more strategic options.
Yeah, unfortunately I'm without a gaming PC now, but I have heard good things about FA (not about the Seraphim though =P).

The reason why no micro is bad is because micro --> skill!
While this may not be true for most games, it's unfortunately especially not true for SC, which is basically a big number crunching game. There's a BIT of micro in the early stages, but you can never expect a large force to succumb to a small force in the hands of a better player.
Instead, skill is indicated by number of units.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 18:02   Link #78
Rasqual Twilight
~Walking on the Milkyway~

The biggest disappointment of some sorts is having to wait for DNF(orever).
Rasqual Twilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 08:48   Link #79
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasqual Twilight View Post
The biggest disappointment of some sorts is having to wait for DNF(orever).
oh spot on mate, how could I miss that one! Seems like we could be disappointed for some time...maybe forever!
If this game ever does get a release it should be the most epic game ever, how long has it been said to be "in the making?"
Old 2007-12-13, 20:18   Link #80
tkdtiger

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Any sports game by EA. Enough said.

I agree especially madden 08, which to me really lacks sustance...the news paper was ok, but I think I liked when they had the radio and the female announcer talking about the couches after halftime...don't get me wrong I thought the superstar mode for it was ok, but really I felt that they at the least should include the female announcer after half-time. After they stopped doing that I felt the game kind of annoying (like listening to Madden say the same things over and over again)

I did enjoy fifa 09 though...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote