AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-16, 23:22   Link #801
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Lol, true. I got him mixed up with the guy from chapter 38.
Old 2011-04-17, 00:29   Link #802
Exether

Things will get better now... Shion has a master and the fact that the stange doctor was willing to help him "for a price" means that there must be a way to have his ki restored, the people on his side will surely try to make that happen. Hopefully his next fight will be a proper victory, I just hope it doesn't end up being with one of his bodyguards
Old 2011-04-17, 05:34   Link #803
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I wonder why S.U.C would target Shioon though? You'd think they would try and bring him to their side. Even with his ki center destroyed he would always make a good mascot poster boy for their cause since he was Goomoonryong's disciple. Unless they think he's inferior or unworthy since he was tossed aside by Goomoonryong...
Probavly so. I mean, Goiomoonryong publicy disowned him, declaring that he was a fake disciple. This was done to save his life, obviously... but if these guys are Goomoonryong fanboys, then that means that they take him on his words and thinks he disowned him for real. If so, then they probably see him as a living insult to Goomoonryong - the "fake disciple" who is still alive or something like that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
You know, I'll never understand why they put pacifists as lead characters of fighting mangas. The guy goes through a hellish training to learn deadly ancient martial arts just for the thrill of receiving solid blows to the head.
In the case of fightning shounen manga, I've always felt that it's done to tone down the "coolness" of fightmning and to set a better example for the kids to be inspired by. I mean, if every fightning manga protagonist was like Gangryong or Zaraki Kenpachi (that's to say, very fightning/trigger-happy), then it would be seena s a bad influence ont h ekids. That said, it doesn't always happen - Luffy from OP, for example, he's a nice guy, but he's no freaking pacifist - as said by himself, his first solution to deal with problems is usually "beat'em up" . As for mahwa though.. Well, wuxia tales usually have that kind of lead, so it isn't unexpected - and it is one of the things that made the genre popular to begin with...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 07:40   Link #804
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Probavly so. I mean, Goiomoonryong publicy disowned him, declaring that he was a fake disciple. This was done to save his life, obviously... but if these guys are Goomoonryong fanboys, then that means that they take him on his words and thinks he disowned him for real. If so, then they probably see him as a living insult to Goomoonryong - the "fake disciple" who is still alive or something like that...
This is likely true, look at Ji Gun. He acted like he expected Shioon to be this completely worthless coward and was completely surprised when he wasn't.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 17:34   Link #805
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
This is likely true, look at Ji Gun. He acted like he expected Shioon to be this completely worthless coward and was completely surprised when he wasn't.
Right. It really looks like Shioon has gone from having an awesome reputation in the Murim to having a terrible one (at least among the younger generation, probably consisting mostly of people who weren't present at the confrontation between Goomoonryong and the Alliance and thus had no glimpse of what Shioon's capable of) because of Goomoonryong disowning him . I guess it'll be up to Shioon to prove that his reputation isn't all talk .

BTW, A-team has released chapter 25 now...
Old 2011-04-22, 00:29   Link #806
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ch.26 from DAUM:

Old 2011-04-22, 00:35   Link #807
Xacual

Looks like Jinie just got told to kill Shioon or something. Also kind of disappointed to see the idiot bully guy back. Especially since it hasn't been that long since he got beat by Shioon so how is he so good?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2011-04-22 at 00:50.
Old 2011-04-22, 00:37   Link #808
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way upon reading the latest raw, but I do feel a need to let it out.

For fuck's sake? What the shit. I can't believe those troll speculations actually turned out to be true.

I read this latest chapter with multiple facepalms and headdesking.

Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 00:43   Link #809
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Spoiler:
I really hope not. Really.
Old 2011-04-22, 01:09   Link #810
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Spoiler for new chap:
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 01:31   Link #811
DarkLordOfkichiku

For those interested, ChaoticKen has posted a translation of Jinie's conversation with her grandfather (thank him if you have an account there ) :

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showpo...3&postcount=32
Old 2011-04-22, 01:40   Link #812
zibi88

Spoiler for ...:

Last edited by zibi88; 2011-04-22 at 01:55.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 01:58   Link #813
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Spoiler for :
Who can say for certain whether it's really the true Soul Crushing Strike or not though? Also, it's too early to say whether Shioon won't be able to reuse his old technique again or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Spoiler for :
Don't forget Chapter 72 of The Breaker. He wanted to use Shioon as a puppet, remember? However, by now Shioon has shown that he's not the kind of person who simply does what he's told, so the elder has decided that it's better to wipe the slate clean, so to speak - the next Elder might be someone who'll let him/herself be controlled more easily, after all.
Old 2011-04-22, 02:37   Link #814
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Don't forget Chapter 72 of The Breaker. He wanted to use Shioon as a puppet, remember? However, by now Shioon has shown that he's not the kind of person who simply does what he's told, so the elder has decided that it's better to wipe the slate clean, so to speak - the next Elder might be someone who'll let him/herself be controlled more easily, after all.
Also don't forget that he turned the one Elder to his side after he spent some time with Shioon. He probably doesn't want that to happen with any of the other elders.

Old 2011-04-22, 03:28   Link #815
shakes12

shioons bully doesnt know soul crushing strike, he just condensed the ki in his fist and left it there, while soul crushing strike releases ki as it hits the target. the bully looks funny with the front teeth missing. in the next xhap bet u that shioons mum gets home and jini hide in the closet
shakes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 03:32   Link #816
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

I start to watch this manga because i love martial arts..,the first season is very good...,but in this second season the manga,i'm gettino very angry,the story is very slow, DoIng everything,Except help Shioon to return his ki-center On...And the idiot bulley,make me very angry for things his has feed in the first season.
Old 2011-04-22, 11:34   Link #817
DarkLordOfkichiku

Mangacurses version of the chapter's out.

Looks like Ha-Ill may have a thing for Jinie...
Old 2011-04-22, 16:05   Link #818
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for 26:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 16:21   Link #819
Johnny
Working the bags...

A Team scans are out...

Spoiler for ch 26:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 16:22   Link #820
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The hell? Was that really the soul crushing strike? Even if it wasn't, it makes Shioon's accomplishments a lot less impressive. Heck, it makes every murim-in who thought it took years to learn that stuff a lot less impressive. What the hell's going on? How is Goomoonryong involved?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves