AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-08-12, 08:25   Link #221
Devard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenta View Post
Both then.
Well, if you scroll up you'll find this.
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 11:30   Link #222
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
I recall seeing the green-haired lass 'involved' with Yuuji in one of those novels...Not sure what their story is, though.
My guess is that it has to do with Yuji's Reiji Maigo. Maybe I was wrong.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 16:16   Link #223
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post
Well, if you scroll up you'll find this.
I thought I saw October 17th somewhere... I may be wrong, but it just seems familiar.
Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-12, 16:31   Link #224
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I thought I saw October 17th somewhere... I may be wrong, but it just seems familiar.
Not too sure, but the only date mentioned in that scan was the movie DVD being released on September 21st. If I were to guess, I'd put it in the first week of October with all the other TBS shows, but we'll see...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-14, 01:51   Link #225
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

I just finished a run of Season I, and now I can't wait for Season II... It's is living up to the hype. Now I'm probably going to read the novels as well.

I've always thought the name Shana has a Western source, but I was pleasantly surprised that it came from the name of the main Buddha of Shingon Buddhism, Vairocana. Shana was named after the Primordial Buddha of the Glorious Sun. That's just super cool. Guess I should not be surprised to see Sanskrit used as the rune in those Jizaihou.
AVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 19:44   Link #226
suguru
京都 ikitai~

There's a brief promo up from Comiket:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx3bQBuvOfc

Looks like the end of the promo is more about the movie, but the first part has some footage from the new season...definitely looking forward to this fall.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 19:49   Link #227
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!

So Nietono is Offering Room?

Question... is it true that the animation looks a little different from the first season? in a board I read that some fans were really upset about it

Mai Kawasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 19:57   Link #228
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Kawasumi View Post
Question... is it true that the animation looks a little different from the first season? in a board I read that some fans were really upset about it
With the available footage of the second season (meaning: that C72 cam trailer), I have no idea how anybody can make such claims at the moment. Was probably just some kids trying to talk big. The animation company will remain J.C.STAFF and I have little doubt their budget and methodology will change in any drastic way. Besides, it's not like the animation was anything big in the first season anyway.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 20:47   Link #229
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post

Looks like the end of the promo is more about the movie, but the first part has some footage from the new season...definitely looking forward to this fall.
OMG THAT'S AWESOME! This waiting is killing me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
With the available footage of the second season (meaning: that C72 cam trailer), I have no idea how anybody can make such claims at the moment. Was probably just some kids trying to talk big. The animation company will remain J.C.STAFF and I have little doubt their budget and methodology will change in any drastic way. Besides, it's not like the animation was anything big in the first season anyway.
well that's true, maybe like Higurashi, the animation will improve this season

Mai Kawasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 23:44   Link #230
Shana

Quote:

Is AWESOME! Can't wait >< ~ thanks for the link
Old 2007-08-18, 11:54   Link #231
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Pardon my ignorance, what is Comiket?

I am satisfied by viewing it on Youtube. But, is there a way to download the trailler? I mean that it is not like the one viewed on the television as seen in the Youtube. Viewing it on Youtube is good enough, but it is not providing the ultimate satisfaction. Anyway, many thanks!
Old 2007-08-18, 12:42   Link #232
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Pardon my ignorance, what is Comiket?

I am satisfied by viewing it on Youtube. But, is there a way to download the trailler? I mean that it is not like the one viewed on the television as seen in the Youtube. Viewing it on Youtube is good enough, but it is not providing the ultimate satisfaction. Anyway, many thanks!
Comiket is basically Japan's largest anime/manga fan convention. The videos we're seeing now are being shown first "on the show floor", which is why you're seeing cam-shot videos of TV screens. Eventually a lot of that will be available through some other means (DVDs, TV promos, web previews, etc.), but for now what you see is what you get, pretty much.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-18, 13:01   Link #233
alvinkhorfire

Thanks, relentlessflame.

I am quite unfamilar with these terms. Anyway, I am glad that at least I can learn from you all at here.
Old 2007-08-19, 15:07   Link #234
Aquifina

Quote:

It may mean nothing, but I don't think I saw Yoshida in what I think was the section of the promo devoted to the new season. I just discovered the series, which I found to be surprisingly good in terms of character development and the like, but I wonder how hard they're going to push the love triangle thing in the second season. Things were left deliberately unresolved, really, but it's hard to see how Yoshida has much of a chance in "Round 2."

If the triangle is a major plot point in the new season, I just hope the writers don't try to force the issue of the sake of acquiring material. One of the reasons I liked the first season was that the triangle seemed genuine and interesting--Yoshida acquired an impressive amount of spunk and spine, leading to that priceless confrontation with Shana, where I thought she really got the best of the usually unflappable Flame Hazen; Shana's emotional ineptitude was plausible in light of her background and situation, but in the end, wasn't crippling; and Yuji's own confusion was also understandable (to me at least), without making it seem that he was either just a blockhead, or hopelessly indecisive.

I don't watch that much anime, but I get the feeling male anime leads tend to be hopelessly dense in terms of reading emotions--one of the refreshing parts of Yuji's character for me was he seemed much less dense than the norm, and even his misreading of Shana wasn't completely off-base, considering how badly Shana tended to handle her emotions. Making him string along both girls in the second season would seem callous on his part, which strikes me as badly out of character for him; and making him still completely oblivious to Shana's feelings after the end of the first season would also have the same problem--it wouldn't fit in with the character we've seen.

Oh, there's still good mileage to be had, I think, since Shana herself doesn't really know what she "wants" from Yuji, I don't think Yuji really knows what he wants to do with his life (along with the fact that he genuinely cares about Yoshida, who will probably be helped by Shana's ineptitude in these sorts of things), and now Ike's in the mix, but really, I just hope they don't overdo it.

I wonder how all this was dealt with in the novels, although it's my impression the anime diverged a fair bit at the end of the first season.
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 15:40   Link #235
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

anyone have the exact date when Shana II will air?
Old 2007-08-23, 15:42   Link #236
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
anyone have the exact date when Shana II will air?
Somewhere on October. Other than that, the exact day is unknown.

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...
Suzumiya Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-23, 15:51   Link #237
UPR

whenever it does come out it's going to be great. And October is going to to (I believe) one of the greatest months this year for new series coming out.
Old 2007-08-23, 16:48   Link #238
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:

We see some new characters, I'm hoping they throw in Khamsin, he deserved more screen time as he is my fav character
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 01:32   Link #239
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Yeah, I agree. Khamsin is one badass old guy.

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...
Suzumiya Haruhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 05:47   Link #240
AnimeL0ver
Just call me ojisan

Send a message via MSN to AnimeL0ver
well he is for his cold and heartless attitude >< but hey don't u guys realize that 1 special character only apears for 1~4 episodes in a row then they disapear? this is what i hate in the anime and i hope they fix that problem in the 2nd season!!!
AnimeL0ver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural