Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-30, 20:34   Link #401
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Stay low, use cover. People take the helicopters right into open sky, you need to get real close to the ground or be a sneaky SOB and be so high you're out of range of everything and try to pick off jets bellow you and hope no one looks up.

I've had some middling success with placing objects between me and a jet, or scooting around above or between trees or buildings with flares. The antena in Caspian, or the Oil refinery stuff in Firestorm make for good objects. I've had more trouble with ground based stingers then the jets it seems.

AA missiles are good fun if you can get a lock, makes things cheesy almost.
Pretty much this.

However if you do find yourself facing off against a jet in open ground face it to show as little target profile as possible and try to keep moving to throw their shots. Hopefully by the time they can come around again you're in cover or have support.

If you know one is coming up behind you or off to the side your biggest advantage is in your turns and ability to drop altitude. When they come screaming in turn in towards their attack and drop. It's very hard for them to track you that way.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 21:14   Link #402
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Ah, you jet pilots are my mortal enemy.

No one on my team ever bothers to take down the jets, so any tips for a chopper pilot on how to survive a jet?
Haha. Me too. My team never takes them out, and I don't have an AA missile launcher yet. Where do AA Tanks spawn anyways? :\
Old 2011-10-30, 21:47   Link #403
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Most pilots will run IR Smoke to combat missiles. You're best bet is to track them and get a lock. If they're preoccupied or unfamiliar with the system they might pop smoke prematurely letting you re-lock on and fire your missile(s).

However if they do know how to use smoke properly and are familiar with the warning, locked then "threat" stages you most likely will never get a missile to hit them by yourself. You need to work with a teammate or two to gang up with missiles against them.

Jets are awfully flimsy, you just need one rocket to disable it and unless they have fire extinguishers (this replaces smoke/chaff so unlikely) they will eventually explode.

Old 2011-10-31, 04:50   Link #404
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I love the mobile AA gun, makes for some hilarious infantry clearance.

Shot down a chopper today on Caspian at the Gas Station while in a tank. Amusing thing was I shot it through the trees while it was circling around the point. Was the most hilarious fluke of a one-shot ever. Just leading it (blind) by about 10 meters and boom:

*Player Killed
*Player Killed
*Double Kill
*Vehicle Disabled
*Vehicle Destroyed
*Armoured Warfare Ribbon

*Me laughing for like 5 minutes straight on Skype at the absurdity.

Side note my friends soliders stats page just reset everything to 0... he hasn't logged in yet to see if that's carried over to what he has unlocked in game or if its just the browser playing up... but yeah it's a little worrying.
Old 2011-10-31, 04:52   Link #405
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Side note my friends soliders stats page just reset everything to 0... he hasn't logged in yet to see if that's carried over to what he has unlocked in game or if its just the browser playing up... but yeah it's a little worrying.
I believe servers are beginning to undergo maintenance. The statistics server is down as far as I'm aware.
Old 2011-10-31, 05:03   Link #406
Mr Hat and Clogs

Figured it might be an update.

You guys had any luck with getting the co-op to work, or seen any work arounds for getting it to work?

For me and my friend it just keeps on bumming out. We've tried either of us hosting but its constantly saying we've been disconnected from the server. Disabled firewall and AV, trying to forward port 3659 now (since BF3 uses that port for co-op).

Forwarding the port seems to have worked.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2011-10-31 at 05:43.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 06:16   Link #407
konart

Quote:
The was a notice on bf twitter about maintenance. After the next match - the stat page is ok.
Old 2011-10-31, 06:24   Link #408
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

The Tunguska is a pure beast. I love the thing. It not only owns jets, choppers and infantry, it can even kill tanks. I even won a fight because the tank got stuck or distracted and I got the opportunity to just riddle it with bullets. Hell I hold the flag for half the game with it.

Though the most satisfying is shooting down like 3 choppers that think they could get pass me. Nope. So much points.

And on a sidenote, the Mortar is hilarious. Counter-mortaring mortars is some of the most fun you can have. Plant mortar, find the mortars, fire, run and hide. Repeat.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 07:35   Link #409
zibi88

for me the worst thing is to level up a jet... cant even level up to flares.... mostly duo enginers with rocket launchers with heat track...its soo damn annoying... if I get to flares than it will be better ^^ becouse all that is needed is to listen to the signals...when the rocket is on the way it has different sound

the worst thing is lag... yesterday I had such a huge lag at the end... that somehow my trigger on wep locked and croshair went rogue... kinda killed 1 teammate becouse of it... and other lag coused run over a teammate... driving a jeep...HELL LAG... and when the lag passed I see the car hit a wall... while on the way a team player fell under the car.... so 2team kills... I quit as it was too risky to play with such lags

other sad stuff is that when I have a good play (lots of kills...not many deaths) the game crashes to desktop with the error "timed out" damn I had 4 or 5times this error its really annoying since the match was not finished so no exp or unlocks ;/

but still nice playing... but I hope tehy will do some new maps soon since this number that is now its kinda toooo little..... I hope that they could do a bigger map for jets fights... like cly high to the clouds and fight there...without bigger interference from enginers but jet vs jet ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 15:39   Link #410
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Is it possible to play multi via the game instead of battlelog crappy server system ?

Damn , was it hard to do like BC2 ?

This is the 3rd game(Dead Island#1 , Rage#2) that i'm looking for but end up annoyed oh god !

I need to be more careful for my next purchases really.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 18:20   Link #411
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Is it possible to play multi via the game instead of battlelog crappy server system ?

Damn , was it hard to do like BC2 ?

This is the 3rd game(Dead Island#1 , Rage#2) that i'm looking for but end up annoyed oh god !

I need to be more careful for my next purchases really.
Not much choice I'm afraid.
MW3 doesnt have dedicated servers for ranked matches... All we gotta do is wait for a patch
Old 2011-11-01, 01:12   Link #412
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Seriously, has anyone else (companies) had this much trouble with multiplayer servers?

Dice needs to pony up. :P
Old 2011-11-01, 03:14   Link #413
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Seriously, has anyone else (companies) had this much trouble with multiplayer servers?

Dice needs to pony up. :P
Have you played Black Ops? BF3 problems fade in comparison
Old 2011-11-01, 04:00   Link #414
Mr Hat and Clogs

I just wish publishers or developers or whatever would just copy what Valve did with TF2.

Nice. Simple. Works.

But if you are having problems connecting to servers. You can try forwarding that port I mentioned as well as updating PunkBuster manually. Those two are the best fixes outside of disabling your Firewall/Antivirus.
Old 2011-11-01, 06:16   Link #415
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Just played my first bout of BF3 after unlocking all the Co-Op weapons.

The SG553 is an absolute beast. Got fifty kills amidst a bit of class swapping very easily and I can see it'll be my go to engineer carbine for some time.

The G3A3 is also a good bit of kit, I only just unlocked the ACOG but the iron sights allowed me to counter sniper several opponents from a fair whack of distance. I was quite bloody impressed with the accuracy and stopping power.

She needs to run on semi-auto though; fully automatic isn't even funny! XD

And finally the M39 EMR is growing on me too. First thing I did with it was ditch the 8X and run irons for some close range work. Eventually unlocked the ACOG and found a very effective DMR.

And here's one for you. On the map with the cargo container area with the US spawning on the carrier, as a Russian I used the M39 with the 4X ACOG to snipe a bloke waiting for the attack chopper on the deck.

263m I believe it was. Damn I was satisfied. That's my longest headshot in BF3... so far.

Old 2011-11-01, 10:24   Link #416
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Can people still snipe with Machine Guns?
That sort of pissed me off in Beta.
Old 2011-11-01, 12:04   Link #417
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

so far I hear its very camp tastic, is this true?
Old 2011-11-01, 12:19   Link #418
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Pretty much, especially if I'm playing rush. On conquest maps I tend to die more from people running into me and shooting from blind sides.

Of course, once you get thermal vision on your weapon/vehicle of choice, it's becomes that much easier to spot and kill all them campers.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-01, 14:44   Link #419
konart

Quote:
It's not. It's just not run'n'gun like CoD - it is base on tactics and team work.

So - yeah, sometimes you have to sit to take cover or defend your point etc.
Old 2011-11-01, 17:10   Link #420
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
When you have a game-type consisting of the directives "attack" and "defend" of course you're going to have defenders (read, campers) protecting their base.