AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Tales of... > Tales of the Abyss (Archive)

Notices

Old 2008-10-14, 22:23   Link #821
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
*Steals*

Thank you! Mieu is the cutest mascot character ever.
He's cute for a while then get really really annoying....
After hearing noise it makes every time he uses the sorcerer's ring, I start to understand what luke had to go through.
lavarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 04:17   Link #822
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Woot... Mangalowres you need to made Ion avatar too... (Ion fan)

*Why Ion and Fenimore fate same ???*
He has had no good scenes so far ... or I missed them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
*Steals*

Thank you! Mieu is the cutest mascot character ever.
take it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarock View Post
He's cute for a while then get really really annoying....
After hearing noise it makes every time he uses the sorcerer's ring, I start to understand what luke had to go through.
hahahahaha you could take away that ring and he would be cute again
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 08:25   Link #823
Mystearika

thanks mangalowres<3

anise is awesome
Old 2008-10-15, 10:04   Link #824
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystearika View Post
thanks mangalowres<3

anise is awesome
No problem

But Narona and Hakuryu made some good avatars too, even if hate them for stealing those scenes from me hehehehehe
Old 2008-10-15, 10:31   Link #825
Peanutbutter

Is there an SD version of Ep 3 subbed?

Oh boy, finished getting one but found it's HD because my monitor "crashed", so to say.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 10:55   Link #826
vspirit
...huh?

^Haha. I, too, sometimes find myself blindly going, "Yatta! A release (from the group which subs I'm following)! CLICKIE!" only to discover halfway through the download while wondering why it's taking forever, or sometimes after it's done and I'm watching it while wondering why it's so laggy, that the version I'm downloading or have downloaded is the 1 trillion-byte one. xD

But to answer your question, the SD one from Shinsen that I'm following isn't released yet, as far as I know. I'm guessing that it'll be any day now, though. If you really can't wait to watch it, might I suggest you stream it for the time being? =)
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 05:47   Link #827
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Man I was looking forward to this for some time now. Finally it came and it was worth the effort. Had some doubts about the animation, but, damn not anymore. The characters are looking great, fight scenes resemble the RPG, voice overs are superb and even with a few changes, so far, the anime walks closely with the game.

Although I don't know, it seemed to me that they made Luke a bit, less annoying then he was in the game.

Glad to see Tear in all her glory and Jade should have his own anime series

P.S. What are you guys going on and on about Jade. He has his slot locked which he will unlock little by little as the series goes(as same as in the game), and that means he was only brought back to level that characters were in the game. And he rarely left the party.

Guy is a badass character as well, but some subs got his name wrong which pisses me off.

Last edited by Crimrui; 2008-10-16 at 06:26.
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 06:55   Link #828
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

I am absolutely stoked that this anime is turning out as good as it has. All the characters are pretty kick ass and the storyline so far is intrigue. And well Tear is so incredibly moe and those cute-gasms of her's just make her even better.
kilroy0097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 08:04   Link #829
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I can't wait until the anime reaches the climax of the story. I was impressed with the game's story so I hope the anime fans, who didn't play the game, will be pleased as well

EDIT: Fans who didn't played the game, who are interested, should check the game's Japanese intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBFRvXCtZm4

Last edited by Crimrui; 2008-10-16 at 14:34.
Crimrui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 20:41   Link #830
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
I can't wait until the anime reaches the climax of the story. I was impressed with the game's story so I hope the anime fans, who didn't play the game, will be pleased as well

EDIT: Fans who didn't played the game, who are interested, should check the game's Japanese intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBFRvXCtZm4
Thanks, I will do this after my sleep
Old 2008-10-17, 01:54   Link #831
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

What is Fonic Artes anyway? Sealing it makes what effect? Is it a silence to make one unable to cast skill ?
Cute Tears as always *It's a he but it's still cute*
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 02:09   Link #832
kujoe
from head to heel

Fonic artes are basically what the story refers to as "magical spells." In the Abyss universe, fonic artes are executed by manipulating fonons, particles of sound which represent the elements of fire, wind, etc. The first fonon is darkness, second is earth, third is wind and so on.

The seventh fonon, which Tear and Luke can use, is the arguably most unique according to the story.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 05:54   Link #833
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicaLideaL View Post
Sealing it makes what effect? Is it a silence to make one unable to cast skill ?
It's just a plot device used in the game to level down Jade. If Jade's never leveled down, he'd just Indignation through the whole game/anime while being 40 levels higher than your other party members.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 07:02   Link #834
slayerlich
Lich king

i feel pity, the game is not play.Now, i watch the anime is highly qulity, decide to play.
slayerlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 17:23   Link #835
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Can I join the topic?S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerlich View Post
i feel pity, the game is not play.Now, i watch the anime is highly qulity, decide to play.
I'm in the same situation. Last year my friend gave me tha game and said me to play, but I said that I was not interested. Now that i'm watching the anime I'm very interested, BUT my ps2 isn't working and I can't play ;-;

Since i'm planing to use this topic too, I need to cooperate with something, so here some images, and sorry if someone have posted any of these before @_@:

Spoiler for Saving space S2:

I have more, but I'll upload it another day XD

Last edited by Nabiki Asakura; 2008-10-18 at 00:07.
Nabiki Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 18:08   Link #836
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Wow some nice pictures
Old 2008-10-17, 19:01   Link #837
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Fonic artes are basically what the story refers to as "magical spells." In the Abyss universe, fonic artes are executed by manipulating fonons, particles of sound which represent the elements of fire, wind, etc. The first fonon is darkness, second is earth, third is wind and so on.

The seventh fonon, which Tear and Luke can use, is the arguably most unique according to the story.

Doot doot doot...
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 19:10   Link #838
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

omfg, and I thought that Ion was a cute girl ... how wrong I was T_T
And the hell did Tear loose consciousness from an arm wound? Ok it was quite deep but still.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 19:36   Link #839
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

@aroduc

You may want to remove that, that scene's most likely gonna be in the anime, and we're not exactly there yet.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-17, 19:44   Link #840
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
omfg, and I thought that Ion was a cute girl ... how wrong I was T_T
And the hell did Tear loose consciousness from an arm wound? Ok it was quite deep but still.
At least Ion sounds and partially looks more of a cute boy than a girl in the anime adaption.

He sounded and looked really girly in the game, no thanks to his original voice actor and chubby cheeks. (( the one thing that I wished the anime retained. The anime design's feminine features are still great, but nothing beats Fujishima's chubby-ish cheeks. ))

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy